Saying goodbye to Windows Phone.. for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Windows Phone user since MS launched Windows Phone 7 4 years ago and my first device was Samsung Focus, which was my very first smart phone. 2 years after, I upgraded to Lumia 920, which I still use to this day. I was so excited when I heard rumors about McLaren and thought that would be my next WP. But the rumor of MS releasing McLaren as their next flagship was shot down not long after the rumor as MS have cancelled their next flagship but opted for 'affordable flagship'. I almost thought about getting the 1520 as I wanted to get a large phone but I thought that it will be outdated by the time my contract is over, which is in 2 weeks. Meanwhile Galaxy Note 4 looked promising and their offering of SAMOLED QHD screen and the s pen was really hard to resist. The fact that I still haven't received Cyan update on my DP 8.1 (AT&T) and the issue of battery drain while using the phone didn't help either. Few months ago, I had a chance to get Nexus 7 2nd gen for $80 and Android wasn't as bad as people were bashing. So I decided to give Galaxy Note 4 a try. With $200 trade in on old smart phone(Focus) and $150 credit for porting in from AT&T, I got $350 credit and paid $299 for the phone. Not a bad deal. I'm kinda excited about the new experience and sad at the same time that I have to leave WP. I love the unique, smooth UI, Pureview camera, and the live tiles. I'm keeping my 920 to get future updates and see how it evolves. Goodbye WP. You will be missed. But I will be back. I promise. :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Good luck!! The Note 4 maybe the most powerful device rolling right now. No shame in grabbing that monster. Hope you enjoy it!! And no worries: Windows will be here when you are ready for another change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6