How easy is it to get into a locked phone?

supersmex

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So sadly I lost my htc 8x about 4 days ago. I don't currently have a job so i will be phoneless for a while (yay no more cell cost? o,0.) Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to get into a locked phone. So i have some pictures that i received and concerned if they can get into the phone if it has a lock.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I think (at least in my country) there is a law that your phone carrier can block your phone... Make it useless... But in order someone to use it again he will have to do a hard reset that will erase everything...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you had a pin lock on the phone and it's not an easy one to guess (e.g. 1111, 1234), then it'll be extremely difficult to get into given that the phone will lock for exponentially longer periods with each successive incorrect attempt.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
You should set up a tough password. In my case, I use my citizen identity digits for my password. 9 digits and unpredictable. Took a while to get used to it, though.

About your phone, what about using "Find My Phone" feature on windowsphone.com to lock the phone?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You can log into windowsphone.com with your Microsoft account and A - see where the phone is, maybe it was picked up by a good Samaritan and it's waiting for you, or B - wipe the phone if it is not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs