New Microsoft app: AutoTag ?n Search My Photos

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm new here and this is my first forum post :angel:

I came across this app that was released by Microsoft yesterday, AutoTag ?n Search My Photos.
Since this is my first post I'm not permitted to use links hence the app name. You can find the app if you Bing it. There is also a known issues page containing

"ShobanaBalakrishnan started on October 16, 2014See post history Close

Known issues with AutoTag 'n Search My Photos

This is a Beta version of the application and has some known issues.

?Sometimes the application may hang in the blue splash screen. Just close the application wait for a few seconds and restart the application and you should be on your way.
?Sometimes after the first launch experience is completed and the user has progressed to the home page and closed the application and restarted it goes back to the first launch experience. This is fine and you can stop learning and progress to tile 3 to the home page.
?Sometimes a page load may take a long time especially if you have several thousand photos or when the application is doing a lot of work (like background tagging, learning or merging) while browsing. Please be patient or reload the page!
?There are several annoyances such as the touch to select a name in the search dropdown is sensitive to where you touch and the search in the photoview details does not work.
?When you merge two people sometimes you may see two tiles of the same person. Reload the page by navigating to another page and back to the home page or close and restart the application. "

The concept is interesting, according to me, and I think it will be pretty useful.. In fact, I feel this should be baked into the OS (probably in Windows 10 ? )

Have a look..

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
well in the video she says that its a universal app though Iv not found it in the WP store yet... But i've installed it on W8.1
its resource hungry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro