A Few Questions About Microsoft's Current Quarter Revenue

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
These are some questions that I would like answered to help myself (and everyone else) understand Microsoft's current quarter of revenue.

1) Where does app revenue from Windows Phone and Windows 8 fit into the scheme of things?
2) Where do hardware items that aren't X-Box, Lumia or Surface fall? Mainly I'm thinking their keyboards and mice. I've often been curious about how many of those they actually sell.
3) Is the Lumia 2520 considered part of the Lumia line, Surface line, or too miniscule to be worth bothering about?
4) Do accessories for Windows Phones made by the former Nokia Device division count as Lumia revenue, or as something else?

I've never been the best at slogging through annual reports, so any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Video Game consoles are almost never sold for profit (you make the profit on the games), so discount xbox sales from revenue. They made about a billion on Surface this quarter, however.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Video Game consoles are almost never sold for profit (you make the profit on the games), so discount xbox sales from revenue. They made about a billion on Surface this quarter, however.

You are confusing revenue with profit. Xbox sales is the same thing as Xbox revenue so you wouldn't discount one from the other. Profit is the revenue/sales after taking away the related costs.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
These are some questions that I would like answered to help myself (and everyone else) understand Microsoft's current quarter of revenue.

1) Where does app revenue from Windows Phone and Windows 8 fit into the scheme of things?
2) Where do hardware items that aren't X-Box, Lumia or Surface fall? Mainly I'm thinking their keyboards and mice. I've often been curious about how many of those they actually sell.
3) Is the Lumia 2520 considered part of the Lumia line, Surface line, or too miniscule to be worth bothering about?
4) Do accessories for Windows Phones made by the former Nokia Device division count as Lumia revenue, or as something else?

I've never been the best at slogging through annual reports, so any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

1)Devices & Consumer - Other

2) Computing and Gaming Hardware

3)Probably "Phone Hardware".

4)Probably, "Phone Hardware", but It's also insignificant.

Apart from Windows and Office for consumers, the other items in the consumer segments are irrelevant for Microsoft.

Segment Information - Microsoft Investor Relations
FY15 Q1 - Devices and Consumer Licensing Performance - Investor Relations ? Microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism