Could Microsoft have fooled tech bloggers about a Flagship release?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Lets put it this way. They clearly have a new strategy in the works as we have seen in the past few months worth their recent releases. At worst I think this will be a wider release of the 830 / 730/735 lineup. At best this will be a new release.

Personally I think the staggered release and ignorance of the American market is a much bigger problem to fix. Having said that I think they need to embrace the high AND low end device markets in order to gain mass appeal.

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I really do hope that they have just thrown a fast one, maybe used the McLaren as the decoy, throwing a lot of people off. I doubt that's the case, but one can hope...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Having said that I think they need to embrace the high AND low end device markets in order to gain mass appeal.

The high end is out of the question until the OS matures. In my opinion the immaturity of WP is at least part of the reason WP's upper end market hasn't taken off.

Users of low end devices don't expect much, so they're willing to put up with shortcomings. $50 Androids leave a lot to be desired in performance, yet they sell like gangbusters.

In the high end, users expect more. The WPs are compared to iPhones and flagship Androids. While performance is acceptable, WP falls short in capabilities.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad I have a 1520. I don't to worry about the release of a new flagship until a Microsoft Lumia with Windows 10 is released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon