Rudy huyn approached by Google

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why Microsoft hasn't hired this guy and made him head of app development. Unbelievable. I've never seen a company that's so good at killing their own products.
The thing is Rudy has to stay independent to create apps for Windows phone that other developers wont develop for. For instance, Instagram, tinder, -- these two are known to ignore windows phone just because its rumored that they don't like Microsoft. IF Microsoft were to hire him, his apps will get noticed and taken down.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
The thing is Rudy has to stay independent to create apps for Windows phone that other developers wont develop for. For instance, Instagram, tinder, -- these two are known to ignore windows phone just because its rumored that they don't like Microsoft. IF Microsoft were to hire him, his apps will get noticed and taken down.

You think those companies don't know about his apps? I'm sure they know about any popular 3rd party app for their services.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You think those companies don't know about his apps? I'm sure they know about any popular 3rd party app for their services.

I think they are aware. Instagram already approached him in the past for creating 6gram, I think. And promised on collaboration but fell short, so he re-released the app as 6tag because instagram was taking too long. Under Microsoft, he wouldn't have much choice, so its best to be independent and so Microsoft wont get in trouble and Microsoft just looks the other way. I have a theory Microsoft is paying him under the table.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't recommend using third party apps, It's a big risk. People don't understand that they're trusting their password and content to a nobody that could do bad things with them. Who knows what kind of person is this guy Huyn.

Microsoft should show a big warning when the users download these kind of apps.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't recommend using third party apps, It's a big risk. People don't understand that they're trusting their password and content to a nobody that could do bad things with them. Who knows what kind of person is this guy Huyn.

Microsoft should show a big warning when the users download these kind of apps.

Rudy is officially MVP, Nokia developer Champion and received a Microsoft Community contributor award in 2011 (Rudy Huyn | *true* Windows Phone addict).

So while your warning is a wise one generally, for Rudy, you can relax ;)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Rudy is officially MVP, Nokia developer Champion and received a Microsoft Community contributor award in 2011 (Rudy Huyn | *true* Windows Phone addict).

So while your warning is a wise one generally, for Rudy, you can relax ;)

Yeah sure. Jerry Sandusky founded a wonderful children's charity called The Second Mile. President Bush 41 even touted it as one of his "thousand points of light". Just sayin'......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon