Who Should Microsoft Buy Next?

xoxoGeorges

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Fitbit
Vimeo (that would put heat under Google, lol)
Roku (these people are amazing)
Ubisoft or Sega
A Japanese smartphone manufacturer (Kyocera would also make them ceramics lol)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Any company that will push Microsoft security to the next level, a must if they are getting WP (or Windows 10 devices, or whatever) into executive and business hands.

Also any company that will get gamers involved. I am dumb enough to still believe in XBOX Music, but gaming is a serious need.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Plus, the only carriers they'd really be able to afford would be T-Mobile or Sprint (or smaller regionals like US Cellular), and their market caps would immediately deplete a big chunk of Microsoft's war chest. This would also immediately make them competitors of AT&T and Verizon, who would then most likely stop selling Windows Phones. This would be foolhardy, since AT&T is Microsoft's best partner. The fact that Microsoft actually owns a chunk of AT&T goes a way towards explaining this.

... on the other hand, insofar as it would be legal, taking a struggling carrier like US Cellular or Sprint and coming up with some sort of "financial aid for pushing Windows Phones hard" agreement might be more compelling. US Cellular gets my attention especially because they're big where I am, and they carry ONE Samsung Windows phone (and only online). They also cover a population/market segment that would eat up something along the lines of the Lumia 735 if it was pushed properly. A few hundred million from Microsoft in marketing support and commitments from the carrier (we WILL encourage people to buy these, we WILL make them competitive, etc) would actually be meaningful for US Cellular, since they're currently operating at a loss.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
An aircraft manufacturer and an airline cannot merge in any way, due to unfair competitive advantages and whatnot.

The same thing happens between carriers and OEMs, to some extent.

Plus, being a carrier is an EXPENSIVE business to be in and opens up a new cluster-frack of regulatory issues for any company looking to dip into it. So even though the idea of the MSFT Carrier amuses me, all sorts of reasons not to do it.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
But the point is, there has to be a compelling reason to own a device like this and for developers to feel like they can sink their fangs into developing for it. But I like it wasim. Could be the next big thing. Call them Cortana Wear.

The advertizing and entertainment potential with this might be something too. I could see Rubino doing a video demo of a new Surface Flagship phone but with Cortana wear, you'd see countless related objects in the Vimeo video. (also owned by Microsoft)
future is about wearable devices as i think.
Cortana will be the main thing in this future if microsoft playing it well.
i if this is really what Microsoft want the future to be, then they should make more hard work.
Microsoft Concept

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
No one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can't efficiently run what they have. I would like to see MS split into smaller companies so they can react to market needs and pressures faster.

jailman

May 14, 2013
Visit site
They should buy blackberry for their business clientele , secure 3rd spot and they need to cope with YouTube probably buy vimeo or dailymotion and they need more involvement with Facebook

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
They should buy blackberry for their business clientele , secure 3rd spot and they need to cope with YouTube probably buy vimeo or dailymotion and they need more involvement with Facebook

What kind of Facebook involvement would you recommend? Facebook's searches already run on Bing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven