It's not fair

hisham691

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Google won't share there apps with windowsphone like YouTube, google earth and so .. The question is WHY DID MICROSOFT SHARE BING APPS, ONEDRIVE AND OFFICE WITH ANDROID ?? It's really not fair they get our apps and we don't get theirs

Last edited:

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
MS already doesn't have enough market share in the mobile industry. And if they don't share their apps with the other companies like Google they will be way more less popular than they are now. MS needs to prove everywhere that their apps are no slouch and only apps of Google aren't the best.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
But why they don't make a deal with google to provide their apps to windowsphone??

Because Google views MS as a threat in the market. MS already attempted writing Google apps for WP like YouTube. But Google kept changing the API and requirements to basically block MS from making the apps.

Google behaves like MS did in the 90s, swinging their **** around in the market.

Windows 10 is the only hope we'll have for any Windows/Google apps.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Google has used the excuse that the marketshare is insufficient to devote apps to Windows Phone, and that wouldn't be entirely untrue, except that Google has history of open animosity towards Windows Phone. Microsoft built a fantastic Youtube app that Google shut down because Microsoft didn't receive permission from Google to use some particular APIs in the app. Then there was a few days where the Google Maps website was actually being blocked on google's end by any web browser that had Windows Phone in it's user string.

Microsoft chose not to support WP7 series hardware with WP8. The difference between WP7-WP8 was much greater than WP8-WP10 will likely be. We don't know any firm information about WP10, but I expect that current hardware will be upgradable to WP10.

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
bro ,, MS giving apps by thinking to increase the rating ,, and for us Ms rating is main ,, and do not worry bro ,, apps needs a good os ,, not like hangdroid :)

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have YouTube on my Lumia 1020, as well as on my two Android phones. Similarly, I have OneDrive on the Androids, as well as on the 1020.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Because it won't do much, one of Google's executives is highly anti-Microsoft, and always has been for years upon years. His view won't change over night sadly.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When there are enough Windows Phones in use Google will have to add their services or be loosing out on a large chunk of customers. Until then they are motivated to hurt WP by not supporting it.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
To be honest (and frank with you) if Google services is that desperately needed for you then I would suggest sticking to Android. Google does not have any current plans whatsoever to provide apps to Windows Phone, so if the offerings that MSFT comparable service has does not meet the expectations you have then you will be miserable with your phone for the foreseeable future.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
But how can we make sure that windows 10 will work on our Lumia devices .. WP 8 didn't work on WP 7.x so we can't be sure

Do you have any idea why 7.x didn't upgrade to 8? It's because it was on a completely different OS kernel. Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are built on the same kernel as Windows 10. Microsoft has pretty much confirmed that all existing devices will support Windows 10.

They've also said Windows 10 will run on Internet of Things like watches which could/would have less power than a Lumia 520.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have YouTube on my Lumia 1020, as well as on my two Android phones. Similarly, I have OneDrive on the Androids, as well as on the 1020.

You don't have YouTube on your 1020. You have a 3rd party app, or the web browser. And can you get any other Google services like Google Drive on your phone? No. Meanwhile, you can all the MS services on Android and WP.

Google is the one being the **** here.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You don't have YouTube on your 1020. You have a 3rd party app, or the web browser. And can you get any other Google services like Google Drive on your phone? No. Meanwhile, you can all the MS services on Androids and WP.

Google is the one being the **** here.

Now that I look closely, there are small differences between the app on my Androids and that on my 1020. Also I can't find any YouTube version info in the 1020 app, as I can do easily in the Android app settings.

jaspreet Atwa1

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
It won't be long before Windows has enough user share that Google will have to write apps for windows. Have used both Windows and android. Windows is much superior and well thought. It will win the war

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte