Not liking Microsoft's marketing strategy lately...

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Tetra Lockscreen - US ONLY
Microsoft Band - US ONLY

Why is it that the US always gets the benefit of exclusivity of a product or app before the rest of the world?
Yes, I know that Microsoft is an American company, but a worldwide launch would mean more of a success right?

I was highly anticipating the release of the Microsoft Band here in the UK, but it may not come out for months!

Why so Microsoft keep doing this to loyal, international customers?!

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree . US always gets the benefit. And this is where android and ios getting the benefits with less competition from MS on other countries.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree . US always gets the benefit. And this is where android and ios getting the benefits with less competition from MS on other countries.

I agree with what you are saying about iOS and Android. Here in the UK, we do have a wide variety of WP devices, but not enough marketing.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps MS is testing the water to see how will the Band sells before releasing it worldwide? It would be a horrible decision to keep it US only permanently-- I imagine international releases will be made eventually. If they only sell it to one country that would be a huge waste of a product, and I think MS knows that.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Microsoft got burned so many times by anti-trust that their legal is overactive. Or it could be limited quantities available from manufacturing, in the case of the Band or the Xbox release, but I can certainly understand why people living outside the US could be frustrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3