View Poll Results: Do you want to see the results?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

10 55.56%
  • No.

8 44.44%
11-07-2014 09:16 PM
30 12
tools
    Sorry, but I didn't the avatar thing the OP spoke about in the first paragraph. Can someone explain?
    11-06-2014 07:11 AM
    Even when the Facebook app shat on me because "you seem like a bot. We'll revoke your rights to Like posts." All because I used the Facebook WP app. (Don't worry, I complained to Facebook about this.)
    THAT is not the app. Some jerk probably reported/flagged one or more of your posts and facebook's stupid automated censoring machine went into effect.
    I've had that happen.

As someone else said, get a newer WP phone with better specs and you will be able to play some higher end games.
    11-07-2014 08:51 PM
    Also, it is funny how people keep talking about "Windows Phones" being the new kid on the block.

I know they changed the name from Windows mobile to Windows Phone with WP7 but I had Windows mobile 5 thru 6 when there was no iPhone and there was no Android and it was flat out the best thing to get.
    Smart phones in general were not very popular back then. And Blackberry and Palm were still popular.

My first Windows phone was a palm treo with Windows mobile 5.0
    It was like 350 Mhz, 256megs or so of ram. LOL
    But with "The core pocket media player" and some tweaks I was using Bluetooth headphones and streaming music with a 10 band EQ and all that I needed. It was really awesome at the time.

And someone coded Call of Duty 4 (I think that is the one) and it actually worked.
    Because it was a touch screen AND had a keyboard AND a D-Pad, it was actually easy to play that game on.

I think Windows Mobile has been around for over a decade. Windows CE or something like that was the original I think.
    11-07-2014 09:01 PM
    I think a lot of posts like this are due to the apparent apathy of the new CEO to WP. Say what you want about Ballmers blunders but at least he did not throw in the towel.
    11-07-2014 09:10 PM
    Windows Phone only needs one entity to believe in it - Microsoft. Not the current "we'll get to it next year whenever blah blah is ready" but the kind of "burn the midnight oil because we really want this platform to succeed and be competitive with ios and android and believe in it" kind of belief. People always say wait for something, first it was Mango, then WP8, then 8.1, this time its Windows 10 which is months away. But while we wait the competition isn't sitting still and be the time WP gets its "savior" the goalposts have been moved again and WP is back to "wait till the next version". Until Microsoft is willing (and capable) of pushing WP to take a quantum leap over the other 2 platforms and get ahead instead of perpetually playing catchup it will always be a distant third and always be an afterthought in the world of smartphones.
    Nick_1020 likes this.
    11-07-2014 09:16 PM
30 12