I don't believe in Windows Phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Before pulling off any kind of response to this OP, take a good long look at that avatar I have.
If you understand what I'm referencing with the avatar, and what quote I'm aping, you can skip this.
With that in mind, let's proceed.

I've been on this wild ride for over a year and a half now. From a 620 (that broke after a eleven-foot fall) to a 630 that has a large, deep, and awesome-looking crack running diagonally through the phone. I've convinced quite a few people to go WP, just as a friend convinced me to.

And, I must say, I don't believe in Windows Phone.

For a year and a half, I've limped through storage and battery life issues, I was-and still am-jealous of my friends and the games they get to play on their phones, I still have no idea how Office mobile got only an updated icon and optimization for 1080p displays for the past 18 months, my carrier is still crapping on me for picking a WP. Add to this how disappointed I was with the 630, even after going phone-less for three months (partially because of the game lineup, partially because of the screen - after getting used to a 3DS).
That, and the Windows Central app still isn't good enough for me ;-;

And, you know what?

I embraced it.
Even when I doubted if Win(P)RT was efficient enough, even for light games.
Even when the Facebook app shat on me because "you seem like a bot. We'll revoke your rights to Like posts." All because I used the Facebook WP app. (Don't worry, I complained to Facebook about this.)
Even when my 620 died on me.

You should've gotten my point by now. Well, as for what I'm still here for, I believe the following quote sums up what I feel, but in some other context.
Sora, main character of No Game No Life says:
"I don't believe in humanity.
[...]
But, I believe in the potential of humanity."

I'm not here because I believe Windows Phone is perfect, I'm here for what it could become.
Besides, I'm here, too, because of how fun of a ride this is.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
For some reason you made me think of this -

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, 'Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' And we kill those people."

Bill Hicks

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Before pulling off any kind of response to this OP, take a good long look at that avatar I have.
If you understand what I'm referencing with the avatar, and what quote I'm aping, you can skip this.
With that in mind, let's proceed.

I've been on this wild ride for over a year and a half now. From a 620 (that broke after a eleven-foot fall) to a 630 that has a large, deep, and awesome-looking crack running diagonally through the phone. I've convinced quite a few people to go WP, just as a friend convinced me to.

And, I must say, I don't believe in Windows Phone.

For a year and a half, I've limped through storage and battery life issues, I was-and still am-jealous of my friends and the games they get to play on their phones, I still have no idea how Office mobile got only an updated icon and optimization for 1080p displays for the past 18 months, my carrier is still crapping on me for picking a WP. Add to this how disappointed I was with the 630, even after going phone-less for three months (partially because of the game lineup, partially because of the screen - after getting used to a 3DS).
That, and the Windows Central app still isn't good enough for me ;-;

And, you know what?

I embraced it.
Even when I doubted if Win(P)RT was efficient enough, even for light games.
Even when the Facebook app shat on me because "you seem like a bot. We'll revoke your rights to Like posts." All because I used the Facebook WP app. (Don't worry, I complained to Facebook about this.)
Even when my 620 died on me.

You should've gotten my point by now. Well, as for what I'm still here for, I believe the following quote sums up what I feel, but in some other context.
Sora, main character of No Game No Life says:
"I don't believe in humanity.
[...]
But, I believe in the potential of humanity."

I'm not here because I believe Windows Phone is perfect, I'm here for what it could become.
Besides, I'm here, too, because of how fun of a ride this is.
You would have more games to play if you had a device with 1gb ram 525, 730, 735, 820+ etc..
Just saying

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think its a fun ride too. Part of being on WP. And like you I'm a fan. I'm still excited to see what's next as Microsoft are pushing partnerships and really OS updates are flying out compared to other platforms. Unified apps are key to the platform future and a big gain over other OS's. Massive in business which has a big impact on the world.

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
This is a weird original post. Nobody buys a Windows Phone for hard-core Gaming. That said, the Two main areas for me that Windows Phone are missing is some Top Tier Mobile Classics (Candy Crush, Clash of Clans) and "craze indie games" that hit the top of the US app stores like Flappy Bird, Piano Tiles etc.

The reason the craze games don't appear here is because they normally break through on the other more established stores. We don't have the userbase yet to create our own craze.

We now do have some big publishers/developers like EA (Fifa, SIMS), Disney (Frozen Freefall, Where's my water, Temple Run Brave), Gameloft (Minion Rush, Asphalt, Modern Combat, Spider-man etc), Rovio (Angry Birds), Zynga (Words with Friends, Draw Something) and Half-Brick (Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja). We also have Square Enix which is respectable. The big Three missing for me is King, Gungho and Supercell.

If your on a budget, then why not get a cheap android tablet? I have a Kindle Fire HD (with Google Play sideloaded) which gives me the best of both worlds. You should find a decent selection of RPGs etc on a $150 tablet and can save your Windows Phone battery too.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
so why are you here? if you don't believe in windows phone! then must believe in android or apple phone system.
if that's the case put your self out of your misery , and get one of the other system, you will sleep better at night.
the song "Have no envy Have no fear" comes to mind, we all are envious of other people stuff, but the fear in us prevents us from jumping ship for we maybe wrong.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Will you people read the OP, properly....

I read it. Since the references he's making don't mean anything to me, I don't even know what the Yes! and No. responses to the poll are supposed to mean. I'm sure to insiders it's perfectly clear, but not to me. Sorry.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was here when getting a million sales in a quarter was like, "OMG!!!" Now latest estimates is that WP is selling 10 million a quarter. Still a drop in the bucket compared to other vendors. And most unfortunately, not in the U.S. where WP really needs to gain a foothold. Still, whether or not I believe in WP is irrelevant at this point. Sales are going up, apps are coming out. My phone already does what I want it to do. Anything else is just icing. However, I do like watching the OS evolve to include things that other people want from it. And hopefully, I'll get a few surprises along the way. It's been a fun ride, though sometimes disappointing, lol. Next year brings Windows 10 and a whole new adventure!

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about Android because I didn't use it, but when comparing to iOS (at least iOS 7), WP will be similar or even better, except the app support.
I guess OP should just change the phone to an Android. Don't use WP if you feel something else would be better for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss