Is Microsoft just plain ignoring us?

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think people expect the phone to do EVERYTHING! Its a phone damn it lol......every different os does things differently, buy android and ios ! But nit picky people would find something wrong or look for something wrong! Stop stressing and be happy

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I find the developers do a pretty good job at doing what the first party apps don't or won't. When Windows 10 gets here and apps are unified, and the market share gets larger. It will get better,I know it will.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the minor things they leave out of their apps/OS for no apparent reason are annoying. Not having mobile data shortcut in action centre, for example

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it, if you absolutely love this platform and want to see it succeed than you gotta back it no matter what till the fat lady sings.... What good is liking a operating system but helping it die by removing a precious cog in it's success by leaving for another phone. If you love it and go Android than you contribute to its demise by cutting it's market share. Just my opinion

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes but the minor things they leave out of their apps/OS for no apparent reason are annoying. Not having mobile data shortcut in action centre, for example

Agreed. There are SO MANY minor issues that get under your skin after awhile. Even though I have gotten used to them, they are still there.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If Ms is ignoring us they would not have given as wp 8.1 which is great update in terms of feature for WP 8 users.
From Windows phone

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So we should just continue to play the waiting game?
It pretty much just comes down to this.
everything on windows phone has been 'wait for next year' or 'just wait...' wait..wait...wait....
Im tired of waiting......and even when the wait is over, the end result is more often than not **** poor quality, the most basic functionality, a website wrapper, or 'beta'.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just don't understand how they expect us to feel like they're not ignoring us. With the amount of refinement the OS needs I would expect monthly updates to the OS. Instead we see the attention going into new and failing products. New phones come out but who wants to buy a WP if the OS sucks? I think the phone is great but I can't even tell friends how good it is because I know they're not going to like not being able to go to web pages because they don't load. Or having no shake to undo option like iPhones. Or that the WP app for PC is absolutely trash! It's so slow it makes iTunes actually look good.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand how they expect us to feel like they're not ignoring us. With the amount of refinement the OS needs I would expect monthly updates to the OS. Instead we see the attention going into new and failing products. New phones come out but who wants to buy a WP if the OS sucks? I think the phone is great but I can't even tell friends how good it is because I know they're not going to like not being able to go to web pages because they don't load. Or having no shake to undo option like iPhones. Or that the WP app for PC is absolutely trash! It's so slow it makes iTunes actually look good.

There is a few issues here. Microsoft released Windows Phone 8.1 in April. Verizon still has not released it to their Windows Phone handsets. Update 1 was released to the developer preview channel in late summer, August maybe? But that hasn't seen general release anywhere yet. Microsoft packages little updates into larger GDR updates, and then hope the carriers will release them.

Attention diverted to Band isn't affecting Windows Phone development either. Microsoft is a LARGE company. It's not like they have to put their software developers on either Windows Phone or Band, and decided that Band was better. These are different teams both working at the same time.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative in my previous post, but I am honestly not seeing your issue with the web browser. I occasionally have issues when using desktop sites and AJAX elements load up and can be a pain to close, but I don't have the catastrophic issues with the web browser you do. Do you have any other examples?

Shake to undo is something that I am unfamiliar with, but if you are complaining about polish of Windows Phone, I'm not sure how copying one kitschy feature from iOS gets you there.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a few issues here. Microsoft released Windows Phone 8.1 in April. Verizon still has not released it to their Windows Phone handsets. Update 1 was released to the developer preview channel in late summer, August maybe? But that hasn't seen general release anywhere yet. Microsoft packages little updates into larger GDR updates, and then hope the carriers will release them.

Attention diverted to Band isn't affecting Windows Phone development either. Microsoft is a LARGE company. It's not like they have to put their software developers on either Windows Phone or Band, and decided that Band was better. These are different teams both working at the same time.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative in my previous post, but I am honestly not seeing your issue with the web browser. I occasionally have issues when using desktop sites and AJAX elements load up and can be a pain to close, but I don't have the catastrophic issues with the web browser you do. Do you have any other examples?

Shake to undo is something that I am unfamiliar with, but if you are complaining about polish of Windows Phone, I'm not sure how copying one kitschy feature from iOS gets you there.

Here's a link of a site that isn't loading correctly for me on WP.

http://www.complex.com/music/2014/1...11+2014&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How about the fact that the 1520 still had phantom finger taps. And Microsoft has yet to even acknowledge it. Or how about the fact that there is no way to see the number of unread emails in your inbox unless you manually check the inbox folder itself and add your linked email addresses together. Or how the Wi-Fi button on the action center screen always opens the settings instead of just turning off the Wi-Fi.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's a link of a site that isn't loading correctly for me on WP.

This Is What '90s R&B Videos Looked Like (in GIF Form) | Complex

Ok, that site sucks. I can see what you mean. I think a big part of that is that some sites are hardcoded with particular instructions on how to treat Internet Explorer, dating back to the days when IE didn't handle web standards very well. I could be wrong on that.

Some of the things you mention aren't glitches or problems with Windows Phone, but features that aren't there that you want, or things that don't work on WP like they do on iOS or Android. There are frustrations of any operating system, I don't think that it's Microsoft not listening to it's customer base, or not taking their opinions to heart. Maybe a lot of suggestions are being looked at the teams working on Windows 10 phone OS.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, that site sucks. I can see what you mean. I think a big part of that is that some sites are hardcoded with particular instructions on how to treat Internet Explorer, dating back to the days when IE didn't handle web standards very well. I could be wrong on that.

Some of the things you mention aren't glitches or problems with Windows Phone, but features that aren't there that you want, or things that don't work on WP like they do on iOS or Android. There are frustrations of any operating system, I don't think that it's Microsoft not listening to it's customer base, or not taking their opinions to heart. Maybe a lot of suggestions are being looked at the teams working on Windows 10 phone OS.

I'm trying to be patient and wait for windows 10 but this is ridiculous. If windows 10 is just new features stacked on top of what we have now and still no refinement I'm forced to leave. Having a file browser and office isn't so productive if you can't even go to certain sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel