Windows Phone 8.1's music app and why I'm not angry anymore

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
try using the music hub app. It just got an update today that enables the start screen tile to show the artist now playing like it used to on wp8. I mean it will show the art I picked thru MPATool. Also I am no longer getting the popping noise we were all familiar with. Am running 8.1.1 DP on a nokia 920 with the cyan update thru the Italian country variant

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I will use that app again, that live tile feature is really interesting, seems more "buyable" now.

Today has been a bad day for Xbox Music in my phone, it kept crashing, but i hope tomorrow is Xbox Music Update day.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. You can't just copy and paste someone else's work without providing a reference. Even if the source is garbage.
Yeah and while WMPU may be garbage at times, well I don't work for them.
About the names, my email account was once called Ebuka Allison and while I do prefer Michael, I haven't found an option to change my username yet :p

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My app opens in 5 seconds and takes a few more to show album arts. I am really into music and i really hate waiting for opening as it was even faster on my old android than this. For me, loading music onto phone is pain in the *** because i mainly load iTunes music which is in m4a format. After i somehow load it, it's fine but ui lags still occur. I really miss old hub with all the proper artist backgrounds and proper album art :(

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I can use it to play music mixes. Otherwise, its visibly slow and has problems with skipping songs.

Edit: Oh and I've tried XBM several times this morning. It is still very slow. You can just see the progress bar moving. Ugh

I see, after reflashing the rom to get cyan I haven't put any music back onto my L920. So haven't checked the app recently, will probably do that sometime this week.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and while WMPU may be garbage at times, well I don't work for them.
About the names, my email account was once called Ebuka Allison and while I do prefer Michael, I haven't found an option to change my username yet :p

haha, yeah, sorry about the mix up. I'm no fan of WMPU, but it's cool to be published nonetheless!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking about Xbox Music here, I like it, takes a couple of seconds to load and get music playing on my 1520, it works on my laptop, my Surface pro, in fact the slowest device I have to get music playing is my Xbox, and even then it isn't that long, and in truth that is because it takes a while to scroll through artists.

I used it for a while with just local music (1400 songs) and then as I was wanting more music I took out a music pass, and now have an additional 1800 songs, all working together.

Was so impressed with the service I took out a music pass for my wife on her 520, again it works and works well.

My lad who is a bit of a luddite finally replaced his cracked WP7 HTC with a 930 and the first thing he did was get a music pass based on what he saw with me and his mums phones and he too has a pretty seem less and fast music system.

You have a problem, but not all of us do, in fact I am really impressed with the system, especially on my phone.

Wes D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I strongly dislike the XBOX/Music player on WP8.1. My songs are all screwed up, nothing syncs correctly, and I can't figure out how to get songs that are on my computer that I don't want synced to the phone off the phone.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine L620 takes 10-15 secs or may be more.

Even most of games take less than this.

It's nearly 9 months and still slow as hell.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Maybe for some of you Xbox Music works just fine but please stop offending people who rightfully complain about the state of Xbox Music.

For people who somewhat care about music, the whole service is still totally unacceptable. Synchronization is an issue, the catalogue randomly changes (yesterday evening I added a new album, one track was missing, 5 minutes later the missing one appeared but another one went missing instead...) and after the last Update on Windows 8.1 a fraction of my collection was simply deleted without any further notice. And even with simply playing music the App has lots of room for improvements. Just try skipping tracks via the lockscreen, even on my lightning fast Lumia 1520 I end up pressing the volume button over and over again because it takes forever until a new song starts so that the menu has already disappeared before you can skip to the next song.

Xbox Music is, at least for a company like Microsoft, an embarrassment and there's no need to beat around the bush.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I ignored you there for a good reason.
Your point is pretty dumb.

Very constructive reason...
Anyway, the whole point you have to comprehend is to stop ranting and bring some arguments and suggestions. There are a ton of people who like to whine, however their usefulness tends to zero.

Also, I still didn't understand why do you use this product if it gives you so much pain? Did you hear about "choice", "variety"?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, the whole point you have to comprehend is to stop ranting and bring some arguments and suggestions. There are a ton of people who like to whine, however their usefulness tends to zero.

Also, I still didn't understand why do you use this product if it gives you so much pain? Did you hear about "choice", "variety"?

Use what product? Xbox Music? It offers certain things that I like.
If you're talking about suggestions for Xbox Music, I suggest you read my OP again. Specifically this point;
The Xbox Music uservoice service is filled with requests that date from the release of Windows Phone 8 and have yet to be added to the product and remain perpetually under review.
They have to at this point KNOW what is needed. Something else is wrong up there at Redmond.
Here's the other reason why your point p$$$$$$ me off instantly.
It can be summed up as, "It's fine for me, so shut your mouth". Pompous, lacking perspective and done without a shred of irony. When 99% of people say something is wrong, then maybe you need to TAKE A STEP BACK and think of why. Right now, you come off as a pompous prat

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Anyway, for you. Here are some actual reasons that everyone knows but you seem to need spelled out to you

Here's exactly what's wrong with the music app. Aside from speed which I have already mentioned, Xbox Music has a ton of little downgrades that add up to an overall maddening experience.

Firstly, they've fudged up the system so that MpaTool doesn't work anymore. You can't change artist and album pics anymore. Actually, that's not quite right. You can change Artist pictures but the music app will choose to ignore it. Even if the live tile is set to show artist pics if Xbox Music does not have an artist picture for that artist and you do XBM will still ignore it and show that stupid gray tile. Album art is a lottery, Either it shows up or it doesn't. If it shows up, it could still vanish when you change the song.

The music lockscreen is virtually gone.

Smart DJ to create autoplaylists for local music? Gone.

Viewing newly added music? Gone..

Gapless playback...ahahahahhahahahahaha

Most played? (A feature which my Nokia C3 had when I was in secondary school. I've currently finished secondary school and sixth form) Nope.

Recent music? Replaced by that idiotic recent plays that is as reliable as a condom full of holes

What have we gained? We've gained the ability to create playlists and scrub. In A year. That's absurd! That's f@?king insane!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon