free office for windows?

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
so they just throw us under the bus with this "office apps free" move to android and IOS...and when I mean "us" I mean windows users.
I just got a new dell XPS12 laptop and what a surprise office is not pre-installed in my windows 8.1 os,but it's fine because I know that the office suite doesn't need to come with the os..it's a standalone paid service.
but now there is this situation that the people that have windows os in their computer need to pay for the 365 service and also because I have windows phone I have a very limited version of the office suite because it's built inside the os and cannot updated like a regular app(like the music hub was before the 8.1 update) so we like not getting it from both sides of the windows ecosystem,not from the windows phone side and not from the windows 8.1 side...please change my mind about it and show me that i'm wrong because it is really pissing me off

Paul215821

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Office for phones and tablets is free, Office for laptops and desktops (whether Windows or Mac) remains paid. So not getting Office with your new laptop is correct.
Office on iOS and Android is limited, like Office on the RT

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Office for phones and tablets is free, Office for laptops and desktops (whether Windows or Mac) remains paid. So not getting Office with your new laptop is correct.
Office on iOS and Android is limited, like Office on the RT
office for IOS and android is less limited then our office in windows phone..I think if they want people to move to their eco-system they need to give them somehow a more functional office or maybe free version..maybe in windows phone or maybe in the desktop ver.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Boy, we toss free and gimmee way too much. If everything was free, how in the name of buttermilk would it have been developed, tested and provided. Stop with the free stuff. If you don't like what your phone has on it, go elsewhere. MS is a multi billion dollar company. I believe they have many smart people there who know what they are doing.

Jeez, makes me sick to see people who want everything for nothing.

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Boy, we toss free and gimmee way too much. If everything was free, how in the name of buttermilk would it have been developed, tested and provided. Stop with the free stuff. If you don't like what your phone has on it, go elsewhere. MS is a multi billion dollar company. I believe they have many smart people there who know what they are doing.

Jeez, makes me sick to see people who want everything for nothing.

I don't want anything for free I just want the same treatment to my os as they give to IOS and andrioid that's all

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't want anything for free I just want the same treatment to my os as they give to IOS and andrioid that's all

Office is built into the OS, so you can't have the same treatment until it's split off or we get an OS update.

IOS and Android have their apps separate from the OS, so they can get updates faster, but Microsoft can also use them as a beta test to make it perfect for us Windows Phone users. So let them find the bugs so we get the perfect product, then we're going to cheer. ;)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

iOS and Android are mobile OSes.
Windows Phone and Windows RT tablets compete directly against those. Office is 100% free.
What about the full Windows crowd? Many Atom tablets have it included free, especially the small ones.
Your laptop isn't exactly something that will compete with iPads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos