What is the advantage anymore of WP over iPhone?

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
This is not the case with anyone that I know. They are happy to get MS apps and have zero desire, let alone incentive, to downgrade (their words, not mine) to Windows Phone.

Yeah, that's why I said "down the road." If I had a nickel for every time I have heard someone say "I got bored with ________ OS, so I switched to __________ phone" I'd be a serial slot machine player. Also, it is not necessarily a downgrade to Windows Phone, a conclusion that will probably be a much more common viewpoint when Windows 10 rolls out.

WPAnkur

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Other than all that, I like these things about WP:
12. Files app(to hide images, videos etc)
Sent from my dark knight 1320
Hi, can you suggest a suitable app for the above purpose?

I recently switched over from a Nokia E6 to a Nokia Lumia 830 and currently struggling with finding apps. Thanks!

Chrome Brutus

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I only wish that MS will not betray their loyal customers. I don't care if iPhones or Androids get everything that WP gets or they get it better, I'm here to stay with Windows no matter what. I just generally dislike how the Android OS looks and functions (add to that, Google) and absolutely hate iOS, no home screen, everything is just spat at you as soon as you unlock it. *shudder*

I only hope MS doesn't abandon WP, I have all the time in the world and I'm here to stay. The apps I require are here and they're great and feels unique. Only thing I need is a flagship and I think it'll be announced at MWC '15 or BUILD '15. I don't give two ****s about WP having a bad market share.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
does people really think they will integrate Cortana on iOS and Android like it is on WP? LOL

wake up guys, those OS already has their own integrated personal voice assistant and MS would never make Cortana better on them, the point is not making it a substitute (that would anger Apple and Google) but giving a WP taste and having more user data to improve her!

i bet it won't be the full Cortana experience like we have on WP!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Strangely enough, anytime a thread about XBM Is posted people rush to defend it like its perfect

Dealing with Xbox Music has been almost as frustrating as when I tried to install OS/2 on my IBM. When Xbox Music works I love it but it screws up so often! Currently it doesn't work on my 1520 and is very slow on the iPhone. Spotify's team can make an app that work perfectly on multiple platforms but Microsoft's team has had years, issued countless updates and the app still doesn't work right on their own platform. They can't even manage a live tile! I might be more forgiving if this was free but I pay for a service every month that I can't use on my phone.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has made everything else better for them, I'm sure they'll soon announce Glance and Lumia Denim for iPhone and Android as well

does people really think they will integrate Cortana on iOS and Android like it is on WP? LOL

wake up guys, those OS already has their own integrated personal voice assistant and MS would never make Cortana better on them, the point is not making it a substitute (that would anger Apple and Google) but giving a WP taste and having more user data to improve her!

anon(9174535)

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has made everything else better for them, I'm sure they'll soon announce Glance and Lumia Denim for iPhone and Android as well
This called busniss man if i were on microsoft place i would do the same im here to gain money to play ego games its true but until microsoft grip a sufficient market place as supreme then you will see the awesome advantages that only exist withing microsoft as an exemple WIN10 its one unique OS EVEN IN TP ...!!! Plus having the better specs doesnt mean the best for exemple ferreri beats bunch of cars but in real life if you drive in bad road then bye bye thats what android do ...apple is well aware of that!!!
P.S: denim is firmware not app to share with other os's

Senrir

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Check Office for iOS, enough said. :s

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
<What would be the advantage of leaving all that the iPhone has to offer?> The answer to that is a couple of months away - when the public preview of Windows 10 is out. My personal wish is that the next Windows run on all my devices as well as all current apps and that all current models can be upgraded by a simple update/install. As far as I know iPhone, iPod and Mac are separate OS and will not be able to run everything (every app) on everything. Maybe - just maybe - by developers and companies awareness of how to design the interface to their portal the race for the most apps will come to an end. I was very surprised to see that my local bank (SEB in Sweden) now offers the same design whether for smartphones, desktops or tablets to what they used to do when only iPhone and Android was offered an app and the desktop gateway was different. If the providers/companies and developers do their job and give us what we want for our daily lives then what I use to obtain the information should not be an issue. And to answer you first question - will EVERY iPhone user jump to Windows 10 when it comes out? Probably not. Should they? Probably not. But maybe a lot of them will test it and find out for themselves what it feels like and if it is something for them.

Jens2sig

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
There are few reasons I could never use Iphone:
1. I'm very rough user, Iphone could never take it.
2. The overall design of W8 phones is much cooler than Iphone
3. The camera is far better on my windows phone, then iPhone
4. The gps i use it alot , worldwide !

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Check Office for iOS, enough said. :s

that's different lol it was the contrary here, iOS and Android didn't have Office so there were alternatives...much like using Libre Office on your desk Windows for example

now going for personal voice assistant is different...Siri and Google Now are built and integrated into its respective OSes, MS wouldn't be crazy to make Cortana replace then nor i think it could, specially for Android, since Google has a grudge against MS lol

and Google Now has a lot to do with Google ad revenue, since they basically collect data from searches...even if you could set Cortana to search Google, they still wouldn't like it if it had the potential to be a replacement

and i don't even see that many people replacing their native personal voice assistant anyways...even tho Cortana is so cool lol

but speculating will lead to nowhere...i might be wrong as you might be wrong as we all might be lol it's too soon to assume how MS will approach this

so lets not suffer in anticipation until there's more solid ground aye?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The answer to the OP's question is simple:

If you simply just text, make calls, browse, rarely game, take random pictures or selfies & just use social media then any cheap smartphone is better then an iphone. With the savings you can go on holiday for a few days and have a cheap smartphone; however if you want a cheap smartphone plus stand out of the crowd then simply get a Lumia 520 or 620, these can be had for as low as ?20 (second hand) to ?50 (brand new).

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

See, MS has different policies, Google, apple have different.
Google doesn't want its official apps for WP, we don't have it. MS on the other hand wants that even on other OS people should use their services, hence it provides services to other OSes. MS is being good to all(in a way), but as WP users we complain because we want those good services to be on WP only, people on other OS shouldn't get it(that's our mentality)
If I was MS, I would be doing the same thing.
Make all the people happy & not just WP users.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would think that security would be a concern. Every few months, another security breach is found on Apple phones, I don't remember a single breach on WP. I'm sure there are some but I haven't heard of them.

That would concern me a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss