Xbox Music - good for the international listener?

Analyss14

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay, with the $199 deal MS has going I've been seriously considering moseying on down the Xbox route. So here's my problem. I live in the U.S. but I listen to a lot of international music. I'm one of the few people I know that still buys actual cds because a lot of music I want is just hard to find on streaming services. Hell, the only reason I still have iTunes on my computer is because they have a lot of international artists (more than any one site I have found to date). Hell, buying a French or Japanese or Indian cd is as easy as changing my country setting, signing in with a different email, and using a iTunes card from that country, which are easy to get.

Right now, I have both Spotify and Play Music. Kind of redundant really but it's like having Prime Movies and Netflix, most people have both even though like 99% of the content is the same. I want to try Xbox music because they seem like they would have more international artists (hopefully) and I know there is a free trial but honestly that is just one more account I have to open that I would rather avoid. Can anyone tell me what Xbox's music scene is like? I've sort of been avoiding them because they have no desktop client but I can get past that if they have a lot of international artists? And, if they do, can I listen to them without having to switch country region and emails like buying music from iTunes? Thanks.

Analyss14

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank man, I really appreciate that. I checked out the free trial. The problem is I don't want to use my Microsoft log-in for the free trial if it ends up being a dud but I'm sort of trying to avoid creating another random one in case I really do end up liking it. Not sure how easy it would be to transfer accounts in that case. I know it seems like I'm making it hard for myself but I don't know a single person* (no exaggeration) in real in life that uses or has tried Xbox music. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try here. Anyway here's a list of some artists:

The Quiett
alan (japanese female artist)
B'z
Luc Arbogast
Lecca
The Satie
Salyu

Hope that's not too many. Knowing if they have any of these random sample will help me get a feel of what I'm working with. Thanks again.

* edit - Rather I should say I don't know anyone in the US who uses Xbox music. I figured asking people abroad who may have access to certain artists by virtue of their location really wouldn't help with finding out how big/diverse the library is for US users.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Out of those, an artist called The Quiet is there, plus B'z and Luc Arbogast (Odysseus). The others don't seem to be there. The amount of albums seems sketchy for the ones you mentioned.

Analyss14

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. That actually helps a lot. I haven't been able to find those artists on any other streaming service I tried. Well, The Quiet is probably a different artist but I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I guess I'm giving Xbox music a go. Might as well jump into the $199 bundle before I miss it. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss