11-18-2014 07:37 AM
89 1234
tools
    MSFT is always overrated. They are very good at what they do but too big and siloed. Nadella exposed that in terms of how siloed of a company it is. No wonder it too as long as it did for us to get updates.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:33 PM
    MSFT is always overrated. They are very good at what they do but too big and siloed. Nadella exposed that in terms of how siloed of a company it is. No wonder it too as long as it did for us to get updates.
    o.o... i don't think msft is overrated if there is an overrated company that would be apple imo :/
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-15-2014 10:18 PM
    Its the apps, both quality and the ones which are missing, that is the problem. There really isn't much that I want but don't have when it comes to the OS itself. I switched from WP to iOS for a bit over a month, and just switched back yesterday, and missed the WP OS a great deal. If the app situation, and the fact that other OS's get better ones, get's sorted out, I really won't have any complaints in regards to MS.
    11-15-2014 10:34 PM
    That's your personal experience. There are a ton of 920/928 users who will disagree. There are enough threads here that people talk about being on their 3rd, 4th, even 7th Lumia due to exchanges etc. Some of those people have tried to stick with their phone because the phone works for them.

As much as people ding Samsung plastic, it is just as durable as Nokian polycarbonate. It doesn't always look pretty when dinged up, but the phone still works. Each OEM has build quality issues. It happens with mass produced electronics...even the iPhone.
    lol no
    samsung quality is pathetic
    this coming from an ex-samsung fanboy(me)
    their last good device was probably the GS2
    after that,i dont get why people still buy samsung products
    they are arrogant as a company and even their staff is rude
    their quality is very bad compared to Lumia,Nexus and HTC
    in comparison to samsung and other OEMs,Nokia is still #1 on my list
    ive had bad experiences with pretty much all my phones which ive owned so far but only Nokia was good enough to help out
    psoham777 likes this.
    11-16-2014 01:10 AM
    lol no
    samsung quality is pathetic
    this coming from an ex-samsung fanboy(me)
    their last good device was probably the GS2
    after that,i dont get why people still buy samsung products
    they are arrogant as a company and even their staff is rude
    their quality is very bad compared to Lumia,Nexus and HTC
    in comparison to samsung and other OEMs,Nokia is still #1 on my list
    ive had bad experiences with pretty much all my phones which ive owned so far but only Nokia was good enough to help out

I agree, every single person I met say that Samsung's services are pathetic, their staff is extremely arrogant! Every single friend of mine has always cursed samsung services. On the other hand Nokia's services has always been good.

Nothing can come upto the quality of Nokia
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-16-2014 06:57 AM
    o.o... i don't think msft is overrated if there is an overrated company that would be apple imo :/
    In their own ways, both Apple and MSFT are a bit overrated. To me, both are very good in the areas that they excel in. It is just that for better or worse, since Apple has been in the mobile space, they gave stated something and worked hard to deliver it. The Apple Watch is the first thing in a kong time they they have announced early and will ship later. Everything else has been we announce now and it is available now. So that I give them props for.

Apple is smaller than MSFT, so of course there is a slower pace to which things move at MSFT. Still they need to fix that quickly. I kinda like the idea in which they want to go with the one Windows experience, but we will see how they execute it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-16-2014 09:16 AM
    I agree, every single person I met say that Samsung's services are pathetic, their staff is extremely arrogant! Every single friend of mine has always cursed samsung services. On the other hand Nokia's services has always been good.

Nothing can come upto the quality of Nokia
    Apple compares to the quality of Nokia just fine.

Again, the experiences of some people in some markets doesn't always mean that the overall company is great or crap. Nokia has always done well in India and Europe and done poorly historically in the US. HTC has always done well in Asia and the US and so-so in India. RIM has always done well in the US, Canada and Indonesia. Samsung has killed it in Asia, especially in their Korean home based - as expected. The people in a company's historically strong markets will praise it loyally and in the weaker markets will call it a POS and both groups will be right.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-16-2014 09:24 AM
    Not true at all I have owned both. And I wouldn't base the quality of Nokia phones on people in these forums, no offense to members but we have a bunch of nitpicking whiners on here. Case in point by reading on these forums you would think the 930 had tons of issues but look on amazon and you will see hundreds of reviews on the phone with an average rating higher than any I've seen for anything I've ever bought or looked at on amazon. The grand majority on amazon says its the best phone they've ever owned. I added the last part for respective. These forums can be helpful for advice and info but definently aren't reliable for judging the quality of a phone.
    Love how you paint the users on this forum with such a large brush.

An unhappy customer is a unhappy customer. Whether on this forum or not. We don't know how many first release L920's were returned but we do know many had issues.

I don't know why anyone would buy a L930 but to each their own.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-16-2014 10:04 AM
    nope it provides a level of quality most androids also cannot achieve
    especially in build quality
    I would beg to differ in that opinion. The latest flagship Androids are showing immense quality.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-16-2014 10:05 AM
    Apple compares to the quality of Nokia just fine.

Again, the experiences of some people in some markets doesn't always mean that the overall company is great or crap. Nokia has always done well in India and Europe and done poorly historically in the US. HTC has always done well in Asia and the US and so-so in India. RIM has always done well in the US, Canada and Indonesia. Samsung has killed it in Asia, especially in their Korean home based - as expected. The people in a company's historically strong markets will praise it loyally and in the weaker markets will call it a POS and both groups will be right.
    apple service is pathetic outside US/UK though
    rude and arrogant service centre people who ask people to pay up $600 for a week old ipad with a manufacturing defect of a dead pixel and take home a refurbished ipad isnt professional at all

also their quality has taken a toss recently,iphone 6 really does bend
    two of my friends from Uni have got bent iphone 6's already
    HTC One M8 doesnt have this issue because they included a titanium framework inside the phone to prevent
    11-16-2014 01:14 PM
    I would beg to differ in that opinion. The latest flagship Androids are showing immense quality.
    which is why i said most androids
    also how many people do you see with flagship devices? maybe 4 in 10
    the other 6 are still regular phones
    11-16-2014 01:22 PM
    In the US due to contract pricing, I see alot more flagships. Place is lettered in iPhones, Galaxy Notes and Galaxy S models. I'll see some HTC Ones and LG G3s. I'll also see a lot of LG mid range models for those unable to afford flagships on tight budgets.
    11-16-2014 01:53 PM
    In the US due to contract pricing, I see alot more flagships. Place is lettered in iPhones, Galaxy Notes and Galaxy S models. I'll see some HTC Ones and LG G3s. I'll also see a lot of LG mid range models for those unable to afford flagships on tight budgets.
    US and contract isnt the world or even the largest market
    its the 7th largest market for phones
    so a fair comparison would be for countries which follow buying phones outright off contract etc
    11-16-2014 01:58 PM
    rude and arrogant service centre people who ask people to pay up $600 for a week old ipad with a manufacturing defect of a dead pixel and take home a refurbished ipad isnt professional at all

HTC One M8 doesnt have this issue because they included a titanium framework inside the phone to prevent
    So i like how people take those one and two iPhone 6+ phones that bent seriously and say Apple's build quality has gone to ****s suddenly. We mebtioned earlier lemons existed when mass producing electronics...your friends got lemons, thats all. You also made the point from my previous posts...the overall company isn't great or terrible in one region or another because one region they do well in and other regions they do poorly.
    11-16-2014 01:59 PM

So i like how people take those one and two iPhone 6+ phones that bent seriously and say Apple's build quality has gone to ****s suddenly. We mebtioned earlier lemons existed when mass producing electronics...your friends got lemons, thats all. You also made the point from my previous posts...the overall company isn't great or terrible in one region or another because one region they do well in and other regions they do poorly.
    11-16-2014 01:59 PM
    Where I live all see are flagships. IPhones are most common with Samsungs being second.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:11 AM
    US and contract isnt the world or even the largest market
    its the 7th largest market for phones
    so a fair comparison would be for countries which follow buying phones outright off contract etc
    US and other western countries have the higher profit margins which is why companies scramble to devices to the US.

Why so you think MS is trying so hard to get a foothold in the US market?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:13 AM
    its not gone to sh*t but if a company cant admit to mistakes in design ie antennaegate and bendgate and also asks me to pay up $600 for a week old device under warranty and take home a refurb , and tell the consumer that its their fault a week old charger stopped working because they charge their device at night then i dont think we should buy their products any more
    dont get me wrong,apple does still have one of the best quality products but their whole attitude etc is very arrogant recently
    the last company which went unpopular in India this way was Samsung just after the launch of the S4
    Nokia has been rather consistent in India in terms of quality and service
    Moto and Asus also have stepped up their game in India and are very promising
    I do agree with your points etc but you misunderstood why apple is no longer worth considering,its not just the bend etc,its the whole attitude of the company,service etc as a whole
    11-17-2014 12:27 AM
    US and other western countries have the higher profit margins which is why companies scramble to devices to the US.

Why so you think MS is trying so hard to get a foothold in the US market?
    ummn no US isnt the largest market ,it has the contract system firstly
    secondly its the 7th largest market after China,India and a few more Asian and European countries
    companies want a foothold in China more than the US
    11-17-2014 12:30 AM
    Where I live all see are flagships. IPhones are most common with Samsungs being second.
    its the same in India but this isnt true for the whole world at all
    flagships arent very common in many countries
    11-17-2014 12:31 AM
    ummn no US isnt the largest market ,it has the contract system firstly
    secondly its the 7th largest market after China,India and a few more Asian and European countries
    companies want a foothold in China more than the US
    Read my post again. I didn't say they were the largest market. I said they have the highest profit margin since most people will pick up a flagship device.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-17-2014 01:54 AM
    Make up your mind. First you say 4 in 10 now you're saying all you see is flagships. So you're a bit confusing with your statements.

I wasn't referring to the whole world either when I made my comment. I was saying the standards for phones is increasing and especially flagships.

The smartphone market is very competitive as we all know. No one OEM or supplier can sit on their hands and think they got it made. All have to keep maintaining quality and user experience. Screw those up and you're on the downward spiral.

Android, iPhone and WP all have quality phones in flagships. Android and WP have some decent mid range phones. I can't say much about low end because I wouldn't buy one of those. There are also OEMs in the Android spectrum pushing down the price on higher specs, which I see as good. I don't see that happening with WP at the moment.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-17-2014 02:13 AM
    Also, this was about Lumia being overrated in the WP arena, nothing to do with Android or iOS but it never fails to happen.
    11-17-2014 02:15 AM
    its not gone to sh*t but if a company cant admit to mistakes in design ie antennaegate and bendgate and also asks me to pay up $600 for a week old device under warranty and take home a refurb , and tell the consumer that its their fault a week old charger stopped working because they charge their device at night then i dont think we should buy their products any more
    dont get me wrong,apple does still have one of the best quality products but their whole attitude etc is very arrogant recently
    the last company which went unpopular in India this way was Samsung just after the launch of the S4
    Nokia has been rather consistent in India in terms of quality and service
    Moto and Asus also have stepped up their game in India and are very promising
    I do agree with your points etc but you misunderstood why apple is no longer worth considering,its not just the bend etc,its the whole attitude of the company,service etc as a whole
    Apple has been "arrogant" for years. If their arrogance is now so over the top that it is too intolerable for you, then I get that. India I'm sure if one of the tougher markets I'm sure but it is the OEM's job to figure that out.
    11-17-2014 05:58 AM
    That is a bad blanket statement. As long as certain people in each country can afford it, you'll see them with a flagship smartphone in hand...no matter what country they're from
    11-17-2014 06:01 AM
89 1234