Is the Lumia Brand Now Overrated?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
which is why i said most androids
also how many people do you see with flagship devices? maybe 4 in 10
the other 6 are still regular phones

In the US due to contract pricing, I see alot more flagships. Place is lettered in iPhones, Galaxy Notes and Galaxy S models. I'll see some HTC Ones and LG G3s. I'll also see a lot of LG mid range models for those unable to afford flagships on tight budgets.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In the US due to contract pricing, I see alot more flagships. Place is lettered in iPhones, Galaxy Notes and Galaxy S models. I'll see some HTC Ones and LG G3s. I'll also see a lot of LG mid range models for those unable to afford flagships on tight budgets.

US and contract isnt the world or even the largest market
its the 7th largest market for phones
so a fair comparison would be for countries which follow buying phones outright off contract etc

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
apple service is pathetic outside US/UK though
rude and arrogant service centre people who ask people to pay up $600 for a week old ipad with a manufacturing defect of a dead pixel and take home a refurbished ipad isnt professional at all

also their quality has taken a toss recently,iphone 6 really does bend
two of my friends from Uni have got bent iphone 6's already
HTC One M8 doesnt have this issue because they included a titanium framework inside the phone to prevent

So i like how people take those one and two iPhone 6+ phones that bent seriously and say Apple's build quality has gone to ****s suddenly. We mebtioned earlier lemons existed when mass producing electronics...your friends got lemons, thats all. You also made the point from my previous posts...the overall company isn't great or terrible in one region or another because one region they do well in and other regions they do poorly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
apple service is pathetic outside US/UK though
rude and arrogant service centre people who ask people to pay up $600 for a week old ipad with a manufacturing defect of a dead pixel and take home a refurbished ipad isnt professional at all

also their quality has taken a toss recently,iphone 6 really does bend
two of my friends from Uni have got bent iphone 6's already
HTC One M8 doesnt have this issue because they included a titanium framework inside the phone to prevent

So i like how people take those one and two iPhone 6+ phones that bent seriously and say Apple's build quality has gone to ****s suddenly. We mebtioned earlier lemons existed when mass producing electronics...your friends got lemons, thats all. You also made the point from my previous posts...the overall company isn't great or terrible in one region or another because one region they do well in and other regions they do poorly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
US and contract isnt the world or even the largest market
its the 7th largest market for phones
so a fair comparison would be for countries which follow buying phones outright off contract etc
US and other western countries have the higher profit margins which is why companies scramble to devices to the US.

Why so you think MS is trying so hard to get a foothold in the US market?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

its not gone to sh*t but if a company cant admit to mistakes in design ie antennaegate and bendgate and also asks me to pay up $600 for a week old device under warranty and take home a refurb , and tell the consumer that its their fault a week old charger stopped working because they charge their device at night then i dont think we should buy their products any more
dont get me wrong,apple does still have one of the best quality products but their whole attitude etc is very arrogant recently
the last company which went unpopular in India this way was Samsung just after the launch of the S4
Nokia has been rather consistent in India in terms of quality and service
Moto and Asus also have stepped up their game in India and are very promising
I do agree with your points etc but you misunderstood why apple is no longer worth considering,its not just the bend etc,its the whole attitude of the company,service etc as a whole

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
US and other western countries have the higher profit margins which is why companies scramble to devices to the US.

Why so you think MS is trying so hard to get a foothold in the US market?

ummn no US isnt the largest market ,it has the contract system firstly
secondly its the 7th largest market after China,India and a few more Asian and European countries
companies want a foothold in China more than the US

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
secondly its the 7th largest market after China,India and a few more Asian and European countries

Read my post again. I didn't say they were the largest market. I said they have the highest profit margin since most people will pick up a flagship device.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
its the same in India but this isnt true for the whole world at all
flagships arent very common in many countries

Make up your mind. First you say 4 in 10 now you're saying all you see is flagships. So you're a bit confusing with your statements.

I wasn't referring to the whole world either when I made my comment. I was saying the standards for phones is increasing and especially flagships.

The smartphone market is very competitive as we all know. No one OEM or supplier can sit on their hands and think they got it made. All have to keep maintaining quality and user experience. Screw those up and you're on the downward spiral.

Android, iPhone and WP all have quality phones in flagships. Android and WP have some decent mid range phones. I can't say much about low end because I wouldn't buy one of those. There are also OEMs in the Android spectrum pushing down the price on higher specs, which I see as good. I don't see that happening with WP at the moment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Also, this was about Lumia being overrated in the WP arena, nothing to do with Android or iOS but it never fails to happen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
its not gone to sh*t but if a company cant admit to mistakes in design ie antennaegate and bendgate and also asks me to pay up $600 for a week old device under warranty and take home a refurb , and tell the consumer that its their fault a week old charger stopped working because they charge their device at night then i dont think we should buy their products any more
dont get me wrong,apple does still have one of the best quality products but their whole attitude etc is very arrogant recently
the last company which went unpopular in India this way was Samsung just after the launch of the S4
Nokia has been rather consistent in India in terms of quality and service
Moto and Asus also have stepped up their game in India and are very promising
I do agree with your points etc but you misunderstood why apple is no longer worth considering,its not just the bend etc,its the whole attitude of the company,service etc as a whole

Apple has been "arrogant" for years. If their arrogance is now so over the top that it is too intolerable for you, then I get that. India I'm sure if one of the tougher markets I'm sure but it is the OEM's job to figure that out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
its the same in India but this isnt true for the whole world at all
flagships arent very common in many countries

That is a bad blanket statement. As long as certain people in each country can afford it, you'll see them with a flagship smartphone in hand...no matter what country they're from

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I disagree. Companies want equal footing in both places for different reasons.

Peterpetram

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Guessing what MSFT are doing is to cater the needs of all people in the society. There are others who aren't able to afford what apple offers but the need their devices.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I've felt that the QC of the Nokia brand was often overrated here by many WPC members, judging by the number of hardware defect complaints I've seen inside the device threads. They don't appear to me to any better or worse than any other smartphone OEM.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've felt that the QC of the Nokia brand was often overrated here by many WPC members, judging by the number of hardware defect complaints I've seen inside the device threads. They don't appear to me to any better or worse than any other smartphone OEM.

Even some Finns said once Nokia moved manufacturing to China the quality dropped off. So I don't see them different build quality wise as other OEMs.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss