11-14-2014 08:23 PM
60 123
tools
    With out this sounding like a complete ***, you glance at it for a few seconds a day! If its useful to you sir then that's cool but I like the fact the 930 has an amazing screen on it something that makes writing this to you super joyful lol
    My 1020 screen is just as awesome as your 930 screen. And it has glance, too. I am not using an LCD...
    vb4 likes this.
    11-13-2014 02:59 AM
    my 900 and my wife's 800 both came with 7.5 and mango. They both have 7.5.

I find it hard to believe that it is dying since there was an update to it not long ago, microsoft has developed apps that interact with it, microsoft has developed an add-on app for it, and there is another update coming to it with 7.8.
    ftfy
    11-13-2014 06:30 AM
    Glance is THE feature that changed me from hating WP (8.0) to loving it. Not that the other improvements and features didn't mean anything, but Glance made the phone much more usable. No more finding the power button or attempting the alleged Double Tap just to see what time it is or if I missed a call.

If TMO can't/won't release a mid or high end phone with WP 10 out, and Glance, I might as well get an Android. Hate the idea, but at least the Wifi Calling works, unlike my 925's.
    11-13-2014 06:32 AM
    Dear OP: Why is that "Yay?" No one forces anyone to use it. Easily turned off. Too weird.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    11-13-2014 06:33 AM
    Dear OP: Why is that "Yay?" No one forces anyone to use it. Easily turned off. Too weird.
    Uh...have no idea. It was kinda a sarcastic" Yay!"
    11-13-2014 08:49 AM
    Tap to wake is 10x more useful IMO. As long as I have that I'm good.
    11-13-2014 09:40 AM
    Tap to wake is 10x more useful IMO. As long as I have that I'm good.
    It rarely works on my 810, the pressure range is so narrow it's easier to just hit the power button. My 925's are better, but since it's still hit or miss, I go for the power button regardless.

I'd like the ability as my Android had some years ago of just touching the Windows/Home button and it goes past any lock screen to the desktop. Er, Start screen. Don't know if that was Android 2.2 or the Cyanogen Mod I was running. One hundred percent reliable, no fumbling to find the power button.
    11-13-2014 02:02 PM
    It rarely works on my 810, the pressure range is so narrow it's easier to just hit the power button. My 925's are better, but since it's still hit or miss, I go for the power button regardless.

I'd like the ability as my Android had some years ago of just touching the Windows/Home button and it goes past any lock screen to the desktop. Er, Start screen. Don't know if that was Android 2.2 or the Cyanogen Mod I was running. One hundred percent reliable, no fumbling to find the power button.
    I guess Samsung ATIV phones have that since they have a physical Start button.
    11-13-2014 02:57 PM
    I guess Samsung ATIV phones have that since they have a physical Start button.
    Not quite. It only wakes the phone, you still have to swipe up. What he's referring to is the ability to go straight to the start screen and bypassing the lock screen. Starting with Jelly Bean, you can disable the lock screen. I'd like that as well. On my ill-fated G3 I could double-tap and be at my home screen without fumbling for buttons. Or in Mark Sanchez's case - buttfumbling.
    11-13-2014 03:05 PM
    Why I love Glance Department: I spent some time going through my settings, especially in regards Gland, Notifications, and Lockscreen. I very much prefer True Calendar 8 for my, oddly enough, calendar. So jiggling the settings, when on Glance, I get the usual time, day of week, and date. Underneath, I get calendar notices, like "Today," meaning all day calendar items. "In 19 hours," an item. "In 2 days," two items.

And of course, notifications about charge, messages, emails, vibrate on, etc.

Absolutely love it!
    11-14-2014 08:23 PM
60 123