Microsoft Lumia 940 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
A photo from a factory was leaked depicting the mysterious "Microsoft Lumia 940." Apparently, this new phone will come with a 5in QHD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 CPU and Adreno 420 GPU, and allegedly Corning's Gorilla Glass 4-interesting considering this particular iteration of Corning's hardened glass hasn't even been released yet.
If you're interested in seeing this, go to "trustedreviews.com" and look it up(I would post the link but I'm simply too lazy to wait for my crap internet to render both this horrendously optimized website and the relatively smooth trustedreviews.com site). I for one this leak could be real, but what do you think about the validity of this? A 2015 release is guaranteed for the mentioned Lumia 940, and apparently features a much slimmer profile than the current 930. (If my memory serves me, it goes from 9.8mm to 8.9mm and is also considerably lighter and will run Windows 10-meaning we can expect this phone at the earliest mid-2015.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Well everyone is skeptical of these rumors and I agree, however on the optimistic side more and more tech sites are reporting it and at least giving it the time of day. Gizmodo says that the features all look realistic and said Gorilla Glass 4 is likely to debut soon even though Corning has been really hush-hush. Having said all this it's hard to remain optimistic with Microsoft when it comes to flagships. Not to mention WP8.1 isn't even on every device yet so I doubt we'll see Windows 10 before April or May of 2015.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Well everyone is skeptical of these rumors and I agree, however on the optimistic side more and more tech sites are reporting it and at least giving it the time of day. Gizmodo says that the features all look realistic and said Gorilla Glass 4 is likely to debut soon even though Corning has been really hush-hush. Having said all this it's hard to remain optimistic with Microsoft when it comes to flagships. Not to mention WP8.1 isn't even on every device yet so I doubt we'll see Windows 10 before April or May of 2015.
We will not see wp10 before then. Everything has been indicating a Nov. 2015 announcement so far.

xjjon

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you in another month? November is halfway done lol. /s

November 2015, My phone is 3 years old now so I was hoping to get a windows phone with the next high end release, but for now it looks like it will be a while. May go with either HTC M8 Windows, onePlus android, or galaxy s5.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
We will not see wp10 before then. Everything has been indicating a Nov. 2015 announcement so far.

I doubt Microsoft can wait that long to roll out Windows 10, the competition and market trends dictate that 10 will need to come out much sooner. Apple recently updated iOS and Android's latest OS update(Lollipop I think) is about to happen. Microsoft doesn't have the luxury of waiting that long, hence the reason they already rolled out the preview just last month. My bet is late April or early May 2015 simply because any longer poses problems for Microsoft's entire ecosystem.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Since there's another active thread about this there's no further need for this one.
Please continue in the other thread.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss