Is the boot screen going to change?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with the change (and would actually like to have my boot screen show Microsoft/Lumia instead of Nokia).

But is it going to change?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as Microsoft now runs what used to be Nokia's Smartphone business the easy answer is yes.

However on older devices the first splash screen of Nokia will never change. ( Black with White letters)

Any new devices will more then likely power up and show Microsoft and maybe the square flag, then jump to it's next splash screen.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why would it not change though? They own the devices division now, they will most likely claim every lumia as their product now?

Yes they own it all, but the OP means the very first screen you see as a Lumia powers up.

Anything new will say Microsoft, anything on Market now except the 535 will always show Nokia.

If I remember correctly that splash screen is hard coded to a chip, can't be changed if I recall.

Much like back in the day of flashing ROMS on the HTC HD2, no matter the ROM the original White with green letter HTC splash always stayed.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes they own it all, but the OP means the very first screen you see as a Lumia powers up.

Anything new will say Microsoft, anything on Market now except the 535 will always show Nokia.

If I remember correctly that splash screen is hard coded to a chip, can't be changed if I recall.

Much like back in the day of flashing ROMS on the HTC HD2, no matter the ROM the original White with green letter HTC splash always stayed.

Does 535 have a new boot screen?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess it would have to now that Nokia no longer makes Lumia phones. Though it would still feel comforting to see the Lumia logo. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6