Boohoo - I'm a "Windows Central" forum user

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's why they should change the title of this forum to... "Boohoo, woe is me.. I hate Microsoft because they don't work at the speed of light to reengineer their entire OS around what I WANT!"

How about all you stop boo-hooing and instead do something about it.

You want an app? ***** to the developer, start a campaign, do something...

Oh, no that's too much work for you. We should just all post on here about how "I'm done...", "I'm switching", "I don't like what Microsoft is doing.."

Man, no wonder the world is going to crap.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's why they should change the title of this forum to... "Boohoo, woe is me.. I hate Microsoft because they don't work at the speed of light to reengineer their entire OS around what I WANT!"

Oh, no that's too much work for you. We should just all post on here about how "I'm done...", "I'm switching", "I don't like what Microsoft is doing.."

Hey. Have you seen uservoice lately? There are several issues that MS has to fix which have been pointed out for about four years now, I'mmpretty sure the complainers are frustrated that their efforts are being ignored

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the OP. I don't really come here that often anymore. It's just a constant whine-fest. Usually from users who can't use their phone properly, so they feel the need to dump on MS. I don't have any such problems. WP does all I need, for the other stuff, I use a real computer... After all, it IS a phone, not a replacement PC!!!

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Agree with the OP. I don't really come here that often anymore. It's just a constant whine-fest. Usually from users who can't use their phone properly, so they feel the need to dump on MS. I don't have any such problems. WP does all I need, for the other stuff, I use a real computer... After all, it IS a phone, not a replacement PC!!!

I like your mentality but dude you're the minority, and if MS doesn't have the complainers to push it's progress they're done for in the consumer space. People want to use their phones as computers so idk what to tell you, I mean they are computers so....

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm with you.
+1 for Shawshank Redemption avatar
-1 for kicking your dog due to lack of snapchat app ;)

I bought a Nokia Lumia 820 in March 2013, and it is my daily driver since then. I don't really complain about it, maybe because it is the first smartphone I've ever had in my hands. I remember that Lumias were very overpriced back then, but I wanted to try something different, so I bought a yellow matte 820! I can't stand when I see people, that complain about newest Lumias and Windows Phone 8.1. I would suggest all of them to install 8.0 pre-Portico and find out what way has Windows Phone came through since initial release of 8.0.

I'm like:
Just stop bitchin*g around and go away. There are hundreds of reviews and thousands of opinions around the internet... Next time spend some time to make a research on something, before you buy it! ;)

PS.
You can buy a f.... low-end smartphone with WP for just 100$ or even an old flagship (920) for extra 50$. At least you'll get future updates.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I like your mentality but dude you're the minority, and if MS doesn't have the complainers to push it's progress they're done for in the consumer space. People want to use their phones as computers so idk what to tell you, I mean they are computers so....

Hmmmm, you think whinning will get you attention at MS? NOT. Tens of whiners won't make an impression at all. Patience plus posting and voting for what you want on the uservoice site on MS will do more. Just saying.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
lack of communication = we don't know what the hell they're doing.
seeing their own apps on competing platforms updated more frequently than their own platform and gaining more features than found on their own = raises eyebrows.
long dormant periods (6months) between announcements and releases = either announce something that gets released soon (iPhone, announcement > release takes like a month), or release small updates every now and then. Why build up something, then just completely throw it aside killing any momentum and hype that was built up. Paper launches are bad mmkay. Their in a distant third place, they needed to make a splash.
Lack of any new devices or flagships = Are they even commited? You cant compare a Lumia 830 with a galaxy S5. There would be more checkmarks against the 830.
"Just wait for windows 10" = Just like wait for mango (wp7.5), wait for WP8, Wait for windows 'blue' (WP8.1)? end result seems to be the same each time....wait for...not much.

I'd say its more venting due to frustration and the feeling that you're getting shortchanged and maybe got suckered into a possible dead end path. They already pissed off Lumia 900 buyers with the 7 and 8 transition. They annoyed anyone wanting a 920 with the carrier exclusive thing. Verizon seems to be screwing the pooch on the icon, they're pissing off some loyal fans right now with the lack of any real meaningful Skype updates, the fact that office still sucks on wp and is actually good on ios now, Cortana expanding to ios/android in the future, the OneDrive hamburger menu (I dunno about that one tbh, but it did look a bit discontinuous)....We're still waiting for the denim update (and with it WP8.1.2?) and there are still people waiting on Cyan and WP8.1.1. Theres already rumblings about things being delayed....

I think some users are just getting fed up with the waiting game. Especially with the less than stellar track record MS has.

Remember when the beta test is over? Yeah back with the Lumia's and WP7.5. Seems to me now that it was actually an alpha test then, and the beta test is just now getting started.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

You should stop whining and crying.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Get what works for you and don't get sucked in by marketing which is just trying to get you to spend money you don't have to. Also, there is no perfect OS.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha ha... This is the sort of attitude we should be having for our Windows (Phone) devices. It used to be fun, but has got very serious of late... Sounding the death knell every 5 minutes because of some 'off the cuff' comment made on an IT blog site, or looking at the Android market and wishing our phones were bloated like theirs, needing superhuman CPU and specs to make it run. It's all pointless. I for one don't want my phone to run my life. It's crazy enough as it is!!! A few games, a bit of music, texts, a phone call or two...

I never realised these forums were now a fourth division market analysis site, droning on and on about what MS is doing wrong, and why WP needs to copy everyone else so as to 'compete'.... Definitely should have been renamed to 'Whiner's Central'...

I would say if you need all that 'extra' or 'industry standard' (even though they aren't) functionality, you picked the wrong platform.

Enjoy the difference and celebrate what a beautiful experience using the OS is. Yes, it isn't perfect, but what phone is????

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha ha... This is the sort of attitude we should be having for our Windows (Phone) devices. It used to be fun, but has got very serious of late... Sounding the death knell every 5 minutes because of some 'off the cuff' comment made on an IT blog site, or looking at the Android market and wishing our phones were bloated like theirs, needing superhuman CPU and specs to make it run. It's all pointless. I for one don't want my phone to run my life. It's crazy enough as it is!!! A few games, a bit of music, texts, a phone call or two...

I never realised these forums were now a fourth division market analysis site, droning on and on about what MS is doing wrong, and why WP needs to copy everyone else so as to 'compete'.... Definitely should have been renamed to 'Whiner's Central'...

I would say if you need all that 'extra' or 'industry standard' (even though they aren't) functionality, you picked the wrong platform.

Enjoy the difference and celebrate what a beautiful experience using the OS is. Yes, it isn't perfect, but what phone is????

+920

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I do think there is a lot of whining and complaining going on but there are just as much people who are making excuses for microsoft and their shortcomings as well.

I recently switched from windows phone and already I can see a vast difference. This isn't the first time I switched however this is the riser time that I switched and I have no windows phone to fall back on. I miss my windows phone but I do feel like I am actually getting more use of my phone that I never got due to shortcomings of the os.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire