Boohoo - I'm a "Windows Central" forum user

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Whining is this forum is the thing that would push me off this platform. I can't look at my Lumia 920 and not be reminded of the incessant whining from this forum. This whining is the reason why I will no longer start topics here and will be why I hang up my Windows Phones and move on.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
There's so much circular logic, contradictions and hypocrisy on these forums, we have people who'll "whine" about the app gap or the WP app support (or lack thereof) but then go and say there's nothing wrong when someone says WP has poor marketing. People will make a fuss when Snapchat threatens 6snap but will then go and make excuses when someone suggests one of the reasons WP can't get market share in the US because its sluggish pace at rolling out flagships is causing any potential customers to choose the latest iPhone or Android because the newest WP device is a rehashed Android (HTC One) and over 1 year old 1520 and 930. We then have the people who say to the people who complain to just leave WP if they're not happy, because nothing helps a ship taking on water more than poking another hole.

If we didn't complain some we'd be iSheep blindly worshiping our $800 dollar flagship that comes with 1 GB of RAM and a whopping 8 megapixel camera, we may whine and run around like headless chickens at times but at least we're not the aforementioned lol

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, you think whinning will get you attention at MS? NOT. Tens of whiners won't make an impression at all. Patience plus posting and voting for what you want on the uservoice site on MS will do more. Just saying.

Lots of complaints that start here or on reddit become user voice suggestions.
Also patience might as well be the slogan for Windows at this point....
This is a forum. People complain on forums. I think people need to not read the posts they don't care about. If you want to jump in on the complaining then go ahead, if you don't then stay out.
Everyone talking about how much complaining is going on... What do you expect? MS has bungled a lot of **** recently and combine that with no worthy flagship for 920 owners on AT&T you are going to have complaints. If you have been on here long enough you might remember when the Lumia 900 was going to end the 'beta testing' only to not get Windows phone 8 four months later... There was a crazy amount of whining about that phone.
I get where MS is with the transition to Windows 10 and the fact that basically no one buys WP flagship phones. Why would they make one? That is a bad business move, but they're going to **** off some people on the process. If you don't want to read peoples complaints then don't read them.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, I will drop in from time time to check the news, and also check to see if any intelligent comments, or true help pops up in these forums.
But basically I'm done wading through the reams of self pity and constant talk of 'flagship' devices not being available (try Android if you want the next shiny, shiny...)
Peace and good luck to the true and helpful users on here... The word for today is FUN!!!

Well stated. I've cut my participation here drastically over the last several weeks because I read very little by way of helpful submissions for the enthusiast, and got tired of seeing 31 different versions of the same complaints about lack of flagships, direction of Microsoft, WP is dead, yadda yadda yadda, see you all in the Windows 10 spring!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Whining is this forum is the thing that would push me off this platform. I can't look at my Lumia 920 and not be reminded of the incessant whining from this forum. This whining is the reason why I will no longer start topics here and will be why I hang up my Windows Phones and move on.

really?
You're gonna let a bunch of random people on a fansite forum dictate how you feel about a product?

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia, Lumia , Lumia, That is the whole problem , Everyone seems to think Lumia is the only Windows phone there is. Until you can embrace other Makes of phones Windows phone is going no where fast. You was just given a new top of the line phone with Windows OS, the M8, and it is on 3 carriers, and as a long time Windows OS user and Lumia owner I can tell you it is a better phone then just about all the Lumia's I have owned, No phone is perfect and never will be, But if we as Windows phone users don't embrace other brands, Windows phone is going to die a slow death. We are a very vane bunch, most people buy for looks, price and name not what OS it is running. But I will agree with the thread topic, I have never read more Boohoo forums then there is on here. Why in the world do you stay with Windows phone if you have so many problems with it and are so disappointed with it, us that like it and want it to grow would be so much better off if you switched to one of the other phone operating systems and made them look bad. Anyone that knows how to fix phones and program phones with tell you 90% of the trouble people have with their phone is operator caused. Your Battery going dead to fast? it is not the OS doing it, it is all the app's you have running. Phone keeps crashing? it is not the OS crashing it, it is one of the app's you have on it. Phones gets hot when you use it a lot? you have to much running on it, pushing the Windows home button does not shut your app off., see Battery goes dead to fast. New OS update crashes your phone? you have to much crap on your phone, it is not a desktop. So, really if you are not happy go make Apple or Android users feel your pain with their phones.

Last edited:

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
LOL, really ? I have heard all the crazy reasons for sure now, Did all the whining make your 920 start to have problems or just the owner started to have problems? Did people stop you on the street and tell you your 920 was a piece of junk? you could always stop reading the forums and be proud of the nice phone you have.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Still not sure if OP is being serious or being so sarcastic it becomes subtle.

Yes, people complain all the time about everything they can. They complained with each new iOS release, they complained with each new Windows OS release, and they'll continue to complain. Some will leave to find greener OSes and other places. In a sense this is why Mobile Nations exists... allows the free flow of users, whiners, whatevers between various OSes.

We are at best support groups aimed at people with smartphone addictions. We help each other out in times of change, and sometimes push each other off onto passing OSes. And I should probably stop rambling and get back to my finals.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Sure, but here is the wrong place to moan, at least not in this frequency.

Microsoft teams read here as well (know that for a fact), posting on popular Windows Phone forums as well as the Uservoice is effective for many things. Even devs of non MS apps read and post here sometimes to clarify issues e.g Trucaller, VLC etcm

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Lumia, Lumia , Lumia, That is the whole problem , Everyone seems to think Lumia is the only Windows phone there is. Until you can embrace other Makes of phones Windows phone is going no where fast. You was just given a new top of the line phone with Windows OS, the M8, and it is on 3 carriers, and as a long time Windows OS user and Lumia owner I can tell you it is a better phone then just about all the Lumia's I have owned, No phone is perfect and never will be, But if we as Windows phone users don't embrace other brands, Windows phone is going to die a slow death. We are a very vane bunch, most people buy for looks, price and name not what OS it is running. But I will agree with the thread topic, I have never read more Boohoo forums then there is on here. Why in the world do you stay with Windows phone if you have so many problems with it and are so disappointed with it, us that like it and want it to grow would be so much better off if you switched to one of the other phone operating systems and made them look bad. Anyone that knows how to fix phones and program phones with tell you 90% of the trouble people have with their phone is operator caused. Your Battery going dead to fast? it is not the OS doing it, it is all the app's you have running. Phone keeps crashing? it is not the OS crashing it, it is one of the app's you have on it. Phones gets hot when you use it a lot? you have to much running on it, pushing the Windows home button does not shut your app off., see Battery goes dead to fast. New OS update crashes your phone? you have to much crap on your phone, it is not a desktop. So, really if you are not happy go make Apple or Android users feel your pain with their phones.
i agree whole heartedly. Music app not working? Its your fault.
Ugly OneDrive redesign , totally your fault. 8.1 remove some features you were used to? That's also your fault. Somehow.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
really?
You're gonna let a bunch of random people on a fansite forum dictate how you feel about a product?

If I never set foot in Windows Central, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem but because being here from the start with others trying to support the platform, we gathered here to help make this happen. I don't know if you noticed but ecosystem is what this is all about. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, Windows Central in general and this forum in particular WP ecosystem. IT bites to read so many whining that I cannot look at my Lumia 920 without being reminded of this wall of whiners.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
MORENO-TEARS.gif

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
i agree whole heartedly. Music app not working? Its your fault.
Ugly OneDrive redesign , totally your fault. 8.1 remove some features you were used to? That's also your fault. Somehow.

Did everyone's Music app stop working? or just your's ? Did everyone dislike the redesign of Onedrive? Get your self a i-phone or Android, it is a party every day with one of them, they never change, they never crash, and I hear over on their forum they give out Milk and cookies

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Did everyone's Music app stop working? or just your's ? Did everyone dislike the redesign of Onedrive? Get your self a i-phone or Android, it is a party every day with one of them, they never change, they never crash, and I hear over on their forum they give out Milk and cookies
Are you an *****?
Sorry. But what kind of response was that? There's a gulf between infallible and "Omg I wanna leave now this is so bad"

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it not possible to be both, a fan of WP and MSFT products in general, and also frustrated by the fact that MSFT seems to value getting its apps out to other OS's more than it does in providing the best user experience possible for those who are actually their customers and therefore, paying to use them?

Is it any surprise that since these things have really come to a head recently with the announcements about Office for Android and iOS, that we have seen an uptick of people complaining about it?

Speaking completely for myself, that describes me to a T. I came to WP from Android and definitely prefer it to that platform. Prior to that, I used BB and was in on the very early Palm phones way before that even. I prefer WP's OS after the 8.1 update to all of them. After a little over two years on WP, the lack of apps and quality of apps compared to iOS and Android became frustrating for me, so I decided to make a switch. I kind of figured out within a few days that I preferred WP, but I wanted to give iOS a legit shot, so I stuck with them for about 5 weeks. After that time, I made the decision to switch back and am very happy to have done so. However, even though I know I prefer WP to both Android and iPhone, I continue to be frustrated by the lack of apps, as well as the quality of apps and services (FB, Skype, Office, my bank's app), etc.) on WP as compared to the other systems I have tried.

Both things can be true here in that people can be frustrated by the manner in which MSFT is operating and still prefer the WP experience to other options. Attacking the person and insulting them, rather than debating the topic/argument in question, is a logical fallacy for a reason, and does little to advance discussion.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett