Boohoo - I'm a "Windows Central" forum user

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
OP, this is a place to express opinions of the things happening(or not) in the Windows ecosystem, and it's not your place, or anyone else's for that matter, to tell someone they shouldn't feel free to post them. Someone with an opinion of Microsoft has the right to post it here, just as it's your right to not click on a post that you feel may differ from your views.

Yep keep supporting those oh so constructive threads that start with:
"Microsoft just lost me! I'm done!" Boohoo. No one cares

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a bar though where I agree that would be a weird and totally random thing to say. This is a forum specific to this kind of discussion. A better analogy would be if you belonged to a group of friends or coworkers all into tech and you walked into a discussion about smart phones and said, "I'm not happy with the decisions MS is making with WP, especially Xbox music. My next phone will probably be an iPhone if they don't get this stuff sorted out".
It's not rude but is more in keeping with something you might say publicly or anonymously.

I wasn't clear but I was envisioning the conversation in a bar with friends who are into tech and who would therefore be interested in smartphone platforms. I used the bar example because it seemed more realistic than meeting them in a musty classroom after hours. You confirmed my clarification, however, because look what you wrote and look what I wrote. One of them is a fairly balanced, non-whining statement, especially if reasons are given for the position. The other one is the type of whining that is the focus of this discussion and serves no purpose other than allowing someone to vent.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft just lost me! I'm done!" Boohoo.

Here's another tip that might help in such situations. We have a sticky thread specifically for people wanting to explain why they intend to leave WP and move on to something else:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-microsoft-news-discussion/208468-32.htm#post2858159

This thread doesn't exist just to collect whiny posts, as some people have good reasons to leave WP and it's sometimes interesting to read why, but I'm sure at least some of the rants you're referring to might most appropriately belong there. It's easily possible that the mod team might overlook some of those posts, or in the heat of the moment, forget to merge them into that thread. If the community helps us by reporting those posts (and mentioning that they belong in the "Switching from a Windows Phone" thread), then that might help reduce some of that "noise" you are talking about.

Just an idea...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion