Am I the only one who isn't moaning about a new flagship phone?

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from 1520 to 930, and definitely would consider that an upgrade. As stated above, its a great phone, but too big for some people's taste. The 930 has the same camera specs, same processors (not sure about the gpu), and even a higher pixel density. I live in the US so it was a bit pricier than it could have been but I'm still happy. Hspa+ speeds are just fine for me

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
That's because Apple and Google buy space in those stores. MS seems to be ramping up advertising so I imagine we will see more Windows phones in stores next year. (fingers crossed)

They sign retail agreements when they get a carrier to sell their respective phones to their customers on their network. Companies like AT&T buy directly from the OEM at wholesale prices. From this point the phones are the property of the carrier company, they then get to choose what phones get displayed, how they get displayed, and with what promotions and bundles to sell them with. Apple and Samsung (and other android OEM's) get preferential treatment on the sales floor because Apple and Samsung have created more consumer desire for their products through their superior marketing efforts and from familiarity of course. If MSFT wants carriers to sell more WP's they gotta A: Build competitive up to date flagships and B: actually market them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from 1520 to 930, and definitely would consider that an upgrade. As stated above, its a great phone, but too big for some people's taste. The 930 has the same camera specs, same processors (not sure about the gpu), and even a higher pixel density. I live in the US so it was a bit pricier than it could have been but I'm still happy. Hspa+ speeds are just fine for me

No one is saying the L930 is a bad phone or not an upgrade, just not the upgrade they expected. Ignoring the possible issues that some people get with the phone there's the issue of battery life. Most new flagships are hitting 2 days with moderate to heavy use. I don't see the L930 doing that with the battery it has. Such a large phone a pitiful battery.

Then you add the lack of Glance and you wonder what they were thinking when they released it. Sure not everyone uses Glance but this is supposed to be the flagship. It's suppose to have everything and the kitchen sink. The L930 lacks. That's why people shunned it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I think it got shunned mostly for the lack of SD card. That was a massive mistake to not include that in this day and age

Yes the SD card is nice to have but on the whole I don't think that was the main reason. I think it was more like... oh look it's the Icon, how disappointing. It has the exact same specifications too. You'd think they would have fixed some things. It appeared lazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo