Wake up Microsoft you just lost Nokia to Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish Nokia N1 ran Windows 8.1 Pro or even Ubuntu touch instead of android
Nokia X proved a new low for Nokia,Nokia pureview etc proved how awesome it could be
If they collaborated with MS again,it could be the Moto-Google relationship in a way

A windows tab wont succeed, it will fail just as Lumia 2520, and with windows 10 to come, it makes sense not to go with Windows 8.1. also W8.1 pro would have raised the hadware cost.

This tab is perfect and can complete with nexus 7/9 at this price range. Apps would have been a key factor to choose the OS as well,
Nokia X was a disaster because it was deliberate attempt to not compete with Lumias and hence the hardware was under powered as well. but in this case Zlauncher is a launcher running on stock android and not a forked version like Nokia X.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A windows tab wont succeed, it will fail just as Lumia 2520, and with windows 10 to come, it makes sense not to go with Windows 8.1. also W8.1 pro would have raised the hadware cost.

This tab is perfect and can complete with nexus 7/9 at this price range. Apps would have been a key factor to choose the OS as well,
Nokia X was a disaster because it was deliberate attempt to not compete with Lumias and hence the hardware was under powered as well. but in this case Zlauncher is a launcher running on stock android and not a forked version like Nokia X.

then go for Windows Phone?

Pulkit Gambhir

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Foxconn is not a Cheap company...it is the company solely responsible for creating electronic devices like BB,iphone, ipad, PS4,XBOX etc... just search on wiki

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As I predicted Nokia will be slapping their name on generic android products manufactured by someone else to profit off those who buy on name alone. Like Zenith and many other bankrupt electronics manufs.

There is nothing for Microsoft to lose, Nokia is just a brand sticker now. People who buy it will be getting overpriced junk with the Nokia name.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As I predicted Nokia will be slapping their name on generic android products manufactured by someone else to profit off those who buy on name alone. Like Zenith and many other bankrupt electronics manufs.

There is nothing for Microsoft to lose, Nokia is just a brand sticker now. People who buy it will be getting overpriced junk with the Nokia name.

You're missing the point and most probably haven't really read the thread.

Foxconn made iPhones and other premium devices. Nokia have also had full control over the design. This is hardly a case of them throwing a spec sheet and a logo at a third rate generic manufacturer and telling them to make something. They're creating a quality device by the look of it.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
This sort of makes sense - Nokia is just using their well known name out there to sell their services, not hardware. Mapping is a big one. So some third party company is making the stuff and sticking the Nokia name on it.

It's not really a Nokia...(imho)

Also - the tablet market is pretty jammed.

Now if they came out with a new OS .....

Mr. V

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand what's wrong with everybody. It's like complaining that Ford made a van. Nokia's phone division was bought by Microsoft who now make the Lumia phones that used to be Nokia, and are now Microsoft. Nothing's changed there except the brand name, when it finally takes effect.

As for tablets, Nokia can make anything they like - 100 years ago or more they used to be a rubber works! - and they have used Foxconn for many years, as have many other manufacturers, to make many of their mobile phones. The only surprise here is that many people on here seem to think that Nokia have always been made by Nokia, Samsung by Samsung, Apple by Apple etc. That hasn't been the case for years. As soon as most of these companies found out the Chinese could produce these things that a fraction of the price they all subcontracted to firms over there. When did you last see anything that WASN'T made in China?

Just for good measure I just checked the country of manufacture of my Lumia 930. (Settings > Extras + Info). Guess what.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft wanted to buy HERE. This is a fact stated by Microsoft management.

Nokia wasnt letting HERE go and why they got away with it is because of the dominance Nokia gained in the WP space. I wonder what WP's market share would be if Nokia would have completely stopped making WP devices, or make one a year and just move on to Android. LOL...

Last edited:

RRCh

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at this page from My Nokia Blog.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia used to manufactures winter tires too but they sold that division and that didn't damage their name it enhanced it. This has nothing to do with the post it's just an interesting fact :wink: Nokian Hakkapeliitta -try using that as a name for phone !

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
It's a pathetic and desperate move by Nokia to squeeze a few pennies out of their blemished name. It's not going to fly!

tanya shah1

Banned
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

thats rather vague,you do know the hardware fully supports Windows 8.1 pro-intel atom z series
windows 8.1 pro will beat android in apps,full fledged desktop software in a $250 tablet
Lumia 2520 ran Windows RT which frankly is what was its worst con
Nokia X was a half attempt and android ran even worse on that bad hardware,it showed the true low of nokia
stock android or forked android,the issue is with android imho
android 5.0 is very sluggish on my nexus 7 and bfs nexus 5

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It's a pathetic and desperate move by Nokia to squeeze a few pennies out of their blemished name. It's not going to fly!
hmm, so let me see if this is right?

Nokia = old, dead, but beautiful and sturdy, lots of loyalty , good.

Nokia + Microsoft = awesome, beautiful, new, underdog, good.

Nokia + any other company/os = cheap, bad.

who blemished the Nokia name? Nokia? Microsoft? Google? foxconn? Apple?

danielcalutul

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Chill.. The Nokia name was given to a Chinese company for branding.. This tablet is NOT made by Nokia.. I guess if Nokia give their branding to cheap companies it will degrade their brands value..

You know that every brand are build by a Chinese marker. Dig harder and find that Nokia create de design aprove the quality make the software and give Nokia name to foxconn and for this receive royalty fees

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
thats rather vague,you do know the hardware fully supports Windows 8.1 pro-intel atom z series
windows 8.1 pro will beat android in apps,full fledged desktop software in a $250 tablet
Lumia 2520 ran Windows RT which frankly is what was its worst con
Nokia X was a half attempt and android ran even worse on that bad hardware,it showed the true low of nokia
stock android or forked android,the issue is with android imho
android 5.0 is very sluggish on my nexus 7 and bfs nexus 5

Android 5.0 runs fine on nexus 9, there are known issues with nexus7, m sure nxt update would fix that, W8.1 pro or W10 "will" beat Android is a speculation, if someone had to enter/re-enter hardware market,Android is their best bet "currently", it might be laggy but has a 82% marketshare and growing that says something isnt it.

P.S. Not at all a android sympathizer but then these are plain facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05