Microsoft should show us what Google has done to Android 5 in windows 10

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If anyone of you has watched a video of the latest android 5.0 features and design,believe me , android 5.0 is a big step forward for Google, I wish Microsoft goes through the same foot steps and bring us features that we have been missing out on for a long time, i would like to see change in windows 10 for phones, beginning with the User interface, colors, better design,animation,redesign of the start screen,better action center,download manager for the browser with other already existing features on android like USB OTG , support for external wireless devices such as Bluetooth mouse & keyboard support, better organization of files, it sucks seeing camera videos in photos and WhatsApp data in pictures, In android everything is put where its supposed to be, videos in videos and photos in photos not like the WP mess.
I would love to see important features like the led light, vibrate, vibrate and vibrate until i pick, windows phones mostly vibrate once, incase you don't feel the single vibe, you can easily miss an important call incase you where in a noisy area.
Lastly is work upon apps.
We should not see anymore poorly designed, neglected and broken apps like instagram which need to be updated, missing apps like snapchat,candy crash and Google apps need to make their way to the platform,alot of cool games are still missing on the platform.

Windows 10 should be a big change from the previous updates

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I think WP 8 & 8.1 was good.
The only thing MS messed up was Xbox apps(music,video & game)

And the lock screen app.

Lets hope we don't suffer from these inferior quality official apps

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Windows 10 wont change anything. Or can anyone offer a theory why Instagram, Twitter and IMDB will suddenly stop being crapps because of Windows 10?

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I think Windows 10 will change a lot.

I am looking forward to an updated Office, especially OneNote and Outlook, combined with Bluetooth HID.

App-wise I hope for some shopping apps so I can get my wife back on a Windows phone.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 has the potential to make a splash but MS current track record suggest they'll muck it up somehow. I'm keeping my expectations low.

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 wont change anything. Or can anyone offer a theory why Instagram, Twitter and IMDB will suddenly stop being crapps because of Windows 10?
Windows 10 will bring new APIs therefore making it easier for devs to bring more of their app features to windows phone, the current problem with WP apps is APIs.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
While you're waiting for WP10, why not just buy an Android and add the WP8.1 launcher?!

You'll get the familiar WP8.1 interface, but all your apps will have the colour you desire, and there will be plenty of shopping apps available.

;-)

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
As it is android is now getting flat design and transition animations which we had. Android is being more WP now with the recent lollipop update

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
While you're waiting for WP10, why not just buy an Android and add the WP8.1 launcher?!

You'll get the familiar WP8.1 interface, but all your apps will have the colour you desire, and there will be plenty of shopping apps available.

;-)

Still in the end your still using an android.

Sent from my iPad mini 2 using Tapatalk

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
As everyone else am expecting heavy/ mass changes in windows 10 for phones beginning with changes in the User interface, more colors, better design,animation and transition with other already existing features on scum-Droid like USB OTG, support for external wireless devices like Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, more organization I don't want my camera videos in photos and WhatsApp data in pictures, we should then she led light, vibrate, vibrate and vibrate until i pick

Apps!
We should not see anymore rubbish apps that we have suffered with wp8, i don't want anything to remind me of how bad wp8 has been to me!

Windows 10 should be a major change from the previous WP dead!!!

Could you possibly try translating into English? Subjects, objects, verbs, punctuation, etc. (in the correct order) are your friends. It is rather ironic when someone insists on insulting word choice but appears to otherwise need a translator in order for someone to understand their points. To get to my point, it does not matter where you are on the planet - insults and offensive language are never appropriate. Do you walk up to random strangers on street corners and insult them? If you choose to communicate in English and still then feel the need to refer to someone or something using disparaging language, you would be advised to at least take a shot at constructing coherent sentences....

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Could you possibly try translating into English? Subjects, objects, verbs, punctuation, etc. (in the correct order) are your friends. It is rather ironic when someone insists on insulting word choice but appears to otherwise need a translator in order for someone to understand their points. To get to my point, it does not matter where you are on the planet - insults and offensive language are never appropriate. Do you walk up to random strangers on street corners and insult them? If you choose to communicate in English and still then feel the need to refer to someone or something using disparaging language, you would be advised to at least take a shot at constructing coherent sentences....

And... you seriously find a need to comment on his choice of vocabulary and sentence structure? Though I do not agree with his choice of "scum-Droid" (God knows what's that), I don't see a need or point to write an entire paragraph of words that he would (according to you, since you said that his language is bad) not understand.

And this is related to the topic because? Like you said, you don't simply go around and insult people. And in my opinion, that's an insult. You don't insult other people's language. He may not be a native English speaker. In my country, our people know at least 2 language (with 3 being the norm), and countless dialects. Personally I can speak 3 languages + 2 dialects, so I really don't see why you should insult his language. Granted, I still do not think "scum-Droid" is suitable to describe Android......

dgrn23

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow, it's not like the post was totally incomprehensible...

I definitely want to see an updated user interface for desktop/laptop. I've seen a couple of cool concepts around the interwebs.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I think WP 8 & 8.1 was good.
The only thing MS messed up was Xbox apps(music,video & game)

And the lock screen app.

Lets hope we don't suffer from these inferior quality official apps
Differences in equivalent apps, in general, are what impact my experience the most when going from WP & Android. Forget about lack of apps on WP. For the apps on both that I use regularly, the WP version is more poorly developed, implemented & maintained, in general.

This is far more material to me than any OS/UI changes. I easily adapt to those. I just hope one day I will no longer have the need to pick up my Android device because the same app on WP won't let me do something as well, or at all.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The most exciting things about Windows 10 is a single OS on multiple platforms and apps that will scale depending on the screen.

NaytG

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what it is about Android 5.0, but it is definite compelling. With that being said, I did just buy a 1520 last night :-D

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not think app gap will lessen because of WP 10.i still think wp will be what it I know.Anyway I don't care for latest nd greatest app.i just want a good battery life wp 10 phone until then my Lumia 820 will serve me.
From Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro