Microsoft should show us what Google has done to Android 5 in windows 10

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It drives me had crazy when I see people refer to Windows 10 on a smartphone as Windows Phone! We will no longer have a separate operating system just a different UI still Windows 10

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It drives me had crazy when I see people refer to Windows 10 on a smartphone as Windows Phone! We will no longer have a separate operating system just a different UI still Windows 10
I can't wait for the next version of Windows Phone to be released!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
If it's the same OS only ith a different UI, then it's goiing to be inherently insecure, prone to security issues, and will require hundreds of MB of updates every Tuesday! In no time at all, all those restore points will consume every last byte of phone strorage...

There will be no sandboxing, viruses will be rife, the OS will gradually get slower and slower, until it takes 5 -10 minutes to boot the phone.

I sincerely hope that rather then Windows Phone 10 really being WIndows 10, it's the other way round - desktop Windows 10 is Windows Phone 10 with a different interface.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
As it is android is now getting flat design and transition animations which we had. Android is being more WP now with the recent lollipop update

Your argument is invalid. Android was flat for as long as I can remember and did have transition animations.

Material Design and Metro are completely different.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

At least from a technical perspective, this is just plain wrong. W10 mobile won't be anything like that. Technically, it's best to think of W10 mobile as WP8.1 extended with most (all?) of Windows RT's tablet features, like the ability to run apps side by side, but at heart it is still fundamentally WP!

From a user's perspective, one might argue that many parts will appear to be at least very similar, but even then I'd say calling them "the same" is pushing it. IMHO calling two OSes "the same" is only justified if both can run the same software. W10 mobile will not run any of the software people traditionally associate with Windows. That's not the only difference, but IMHO that reason alone already means most consumers would be better served by NOT thinking of these two OSes as being one and the same.

I sincerely hope that rather then Windows Phone 10 really being WIndows 10, it's the other way round - desktop Windows 10 is Windows Phone 10 with a different interface.

This is definitely not happening either, as such an OS wouldn't/couldn't be compatible with today's desktop software.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb