A Change..!!!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft should realise that they should not hold "PRODUCTIVITY" as a key selling point.
I did a research on some of my friends and also searched google...and they all state the same fact that Microsoft gives consumers what microsoft wants...but not what consumers want...! If we look at Android and Apple OS...there are tons of productivity apps which are a lot better than Windows productivity apps...so Microsoft is failing both in productivity and as well as in other feilds....as soon as they realise this...that they need to change their key selling point..and focus on what consumers want...it would be a great change in favour of Windows Phones worldwide.
I could have switched to android or iOS considering the lack of functionality in WP..but I want to support the Windows OS and want it to succeed cause I beileve in it...
Am I wrong.., what's your opinion on this ?

Silver Wind

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Windows is still ahead of its competitors in productivity. Windows on mobile is a different story, though.

Most small Windows tablets come with office preinstalled, in spite of the bad experience. This would drive users away from small windows tablets in the future, because they get a much more optimized office experience on iOS.

Windows Phone's Office suite is optimized for touch, but severely lacking in the most basic editing features (heck you can't even format it right - no font choice despite the OS supporting so many more fonts, only 3 colours and highlights that don't work well with each other.)

Microsoft-loyal users are crying for a change, yet for Microsoft, they come second in importance behind iOS users. A good change would be to reverse this, and show the world one again that Microsoft has the best products, that are even better together.

I can dream, can't I?

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure lots of long time Microsoft fans like myself are just waiting to see how Windows 10 will improve our mobile experience.

The current complains are the laggy Xbox Music/Video/Games, slow camera performance, unstable IE, and an ancient Office.

According to Microsoft, we should be expecting an overhauled Lumia Camera and Office soon, so I'll wait a bit before deciding on an upgrade for my Lumia 1020.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Windows is still ahead of its competitors in productivity. Windows on mobile is a different story, though.

Most small Windows tablets come with office preinstalled, in spite of the bad experience. This would drive users away from small windows tablets in the future, because they get a much more optimized office experience on iOS.

Windows Phone's Office suite is optimized for touch, but severely lacking in the most basic editing features (heck you can't even format it right - no font choice despite the OS supporting so many more fonts, only 3 colours and highlights that don't work well with each other.)

Microsoft-loyal users are crying for a change, yet for Microsoft, they come second in importance behind iOS users. A good change would be to reverse this, and show the world one again that Microsoft has the best products, that are even better together.

I can dream, can't I?

Yea, that's what I meant, the mobile experience....microsoft has to improve a lot on it.....i know there will be a day when microsoft's Windows Os takes over android....just hoping that day comes soon...🙇

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99