When are you upgrade eligible and what is your upgrade plan?

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the HTC 8X and am upgrade eligible on Jan. 6. I want to upgrade but there currently isn't a Windows Phone I want to upgrade to. Even if one comes out early 2015, I may hold out for Win10 as well as USB type C to be included. That is, unless an new Win Phone comes out that really catches my eye. But I will be holding out for a new Windows Phone. No jumping ship to Android or iOS for me.

How about you?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am upgrade eligible in February. I will unlock my current L1020 and keep it, or sell it and buy something else unlocked and unbranded, if something better comes along. I enjoy paying less per month to stave off the urge to upgrade just because I can.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920. Been eligible since mid November. The only Windows phone on my radar is the 1520. If I don't have one by the end of December I may hold out until Windows 10. Was also considering the note 3 or 4 but I prefer to stay with Windows phone.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I became upgrade eligible this week.

Like dameon_03, the only current phone on my radar is the 1520.

It's more likely that I'm going to wait for the next Windows 10 Lumia flagship phone.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am still using a Nokia 808 from 2012 and patiently waiting for a proper replacement from Microsoft.. and no, I don't see the 1020 as such :)

I also have an iPhone 6 but I only use it when I get bored really.

Svoboda

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
November. Have 4 phones (entire family) eligible for upgrade.

All of us are becoming very impatient since we don't have many options on AT&T.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
All of us are becoming very impatient since we don't have many options on AT&T.

I would say that you have the MOST options being on AT&T. Though I know none are that new. I, being on Verizon, have less choice. And my biggest WP fear is that they release a sweet new phone but it's carrier exclusive and not on Verizon.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
As a 920 owner on AT&T I completed my contract in mid November. I like the 1520 specs, but a 6" device is just too big for me. I guess I'm waiting until an acceptable 4.7" -> 5" device shows up on AT&T, which I would guess would be launched at the same time as Windows 10 version of phones. It's a bummer too because I'd really like to have a newer phone. I guess my work iPhone 6 will have to keep my interest until a new model shows up.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Had an HTC Titan (wp7) which was swapped out with a Lumia 900 after 5 repair/exchange attempts. A a year into that I bought my 920 and my contract ended last June. I was waiting to see if a flagship would be announced at the end of the year, but got nothing. So waiting for MWC or BUILD to see what my next phone will be.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
All my phones are paid for so I could upgrade anytime. Thought about a 830 but don't feel its worth 450$ more than my current 820 so I can wait awhile longer.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
...and I broke down and bought a Lumia 1520.

It was just so beautiful and kept calling me. I couldn't fight it any longer.

I have another line with am upgrade in August anyway.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It's tough to stop yourself. If the 1520 was available to me, not sure I could hold off either. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the 1520 isn't available on Verizon, so I'm stuck waiting.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have 4 lines on AT&T, 2 of which are upgrade eligible right now. I thought about snagging an iPhone 6 plus when they came out, but after reading about some of the problems they're having, and how they changed certain things (like the camera roll for one), I think I'll be waiting it out for Windows 10 and the next gen devices that'll be coming out. My 1520 is keeping me content, and is more than capable of doing everything I need it to do. Can't wait to see what Windows 10 brings our current WP8/8.1 devices! I love this phone!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 1520 outright from B&H. It was more expensive, but that was a good move for me. My company paid part of the cost of the phone, so it didn't get the price down as cheap as the subsidized 1520, but my phone has Qi and 32gb of built in storage, so I feel like it was a solid win. The 1520 is such a great performer that I'll continue to be future-proof with this phone for the near future. And if at&t should get something amazing that can pull me away from my 1520, my upgrade eligibility is still intact.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought my 1520 outright from B&H. It was more expensive, but that was a good move for me. My company paid part of the cost of the phone, so it didn't get the price down as cheap as the subsidized 1520, but my phone has Qi and 32gb of built in storage, so I feel like it was a solid win. The 1520 is such a great performer that I'll continue to be future-proof with this phone for the near future. And if at&t should get something amazing that can pull me away from my 1520, my upgrade eligibility is still intact.

That Qi is the thing I'm going to miss the most. I have two chargers at home and one at work.

I hope that the next flagship will have Qi. My chargers will be waiting.

In the meantime, I'm still going to lug around my 920 as a WiFi device just because I can't let it go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium