Which is the best Windows Phone currently and the one which will get a 10 upgrade in future?

addy37

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am currently a Samsung Note 3 user and would like to explore the Windows Phone world. As you all have been using the WP devices for long, could you help me with the best Windows Phone currently and the one which will get a 10 upgrade in future. I would like to buy the same. Thanks for your response and support in advance. Hope to see you soon in the WP world.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As it currently stands, any 8.0+ Lumia will get 10.
520...1520...735... looks like all are on board.

The Lumia 1520 and 930 are top of the line now.
Also worth considering the HTC One M8 for Windows.
And there are others, cheaper and whatnot.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 if you're used to the size and SD card. Every WP device will get Win10. However as you own a Note 3 I'd advise you to wait for a flagship Microsoft Lumia coming next year with Windows 10 preloaded. I don't think it's worth spending money now. The only thing you would upgrade is your camera and only in still' photos. Hope you explored WP. Try watching some videos on YouTube Lumia 1520 vs Note 3 and such :)

http://youtu.be/nhM24BPT7p0

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I moved from a Note 2 to a 1520 and I never looked back and will never go back to Google. I love my 1520, best smartphone I have ever used and owned. I have 2 1520 phones.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The "BEST" Windows Phone right now is the HTC One M8. People need to stop ignoring this phone just because it's not a Lumia. Hey, I have 1520 and I love it and wouldn't swap it out for a One M8 because the difference, spec wise, isn't that great. My 1520 will serve well until Windows 10 phones hit the market. However, if I were buying one today I'd get the One M8. And don't give me that camera argument. The One M8 camera is plenty good enough for the average user. If you are a photography nut though then yeah, the 1520 along with the upcoming Denium update is the phone you want.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The "BEST" Windows Phone right now is the HTC One M8. People need to stop ignoring this phone just because it's not a Lumia. Hey, I have 1520 and I love it and wouldn't swap it out for a One M8 because the difference, spec wise, isn't that great. My 1520 will serve well until Windows 10 phones hit the market. However, if I were buying one today I'd get the One M8. And don't give me that camera argument. The One M8 camera is plenty good enough for the average user. If you are a photography nut though then yeah, the 1520 along with the upcoming Denium update is the phone you want.

You're right, but it really depends. The Lumia brand holds some value as being better supported, unlike HTC's so-so support of its phones. (8S is in the dust IIRC, 8X's are looking at some updates...)

And the camera is sometimes a very important sticking point. What about wireless charging? Some people place a lot of value on Glance. It really depends.
I wouldn't get either phone if I had a choice, but that's just my opinion.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ also note that we have no statement from HTC regarding the M8 being updated to W10. MS has however said that all LUMIA devices will get W10 (provided carriers play along). I suspect the M8 will be updated too, but it's not as certain.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you're a high end Android user I'd suggest getting a low end WP to try out the ecosystem to see if it suits your needs instead of forking out big bucks on a high end WP and being disappointed.

Pick up a Lumia 535 to test drive. they're fairly cheap and it's the latest low end phone, so decent specs and will be updated to W10.

Just my two cents.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well if you want cheapest of the lot, you could get a second hand 520 for less than ?20 if you know where to look :). Heck you can even get a 530, brand new for ?64 quid and for a bit more just like a few posters said the 535.

To think I bought a Sendo M550 Clamshell for ?60 (brand new) waay back in secondary school.. lol. The stand out features were the colour screen, headphone / AC charger combi-port, a dual display (front and with-in the clam shell). Which sadly got confiscated by then nut of head of year two months later, from who apparently it got stolen form :crying:.

Edit: Sorry, for going off topic... got lost down memory lane lol.

Last edited:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Buy a 635 for now to see if you like the platform. As far as 10 goes, it's all speculation until it happens, just like android. NEVER buy a phone thinking you will like it better when the software gets updated, big mistake.

addy37

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Everyone. I have another question here. Could you help please. I cant post the link here but the question is "Thank You! Wonderful People. I made my decision. I will give the 1520 a try. But Need your Help" If you could please reply to that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3