I want WP device with a keyboard!

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The productivity message coming out from the new Microsoft and their good intro into the enterprise world with WP (especially in the UK) just make me wonder if there is a good chance for a WP device with a physical keyboard

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how many companies are using WP in enterprise in the UK or elsewhere. I wouldn't say many.

As for a physical keyboard, don't hold your breath. Probably the only thing that may happen, and I say may, would be the bluetooth drivers for keyboards. I guess we'll see with W10.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I worked my HTC Touchpro 2 keyboard so much that I wore the letter off of some of the back lit keys. It slid out and then tilted. The keys were offset from one another, and laid out similar to a qwerty keyboard. (Not stacked in columns!). The entire screen is available to display your documents. I created and edited so many documents! Very productive business tool.

I would definitely buy one.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
For a long time I thought I wanted a built-in keyboard. However, I have decided that I would much rather have a bluetooth keyboard than a built-in. I wouldn't use the keyboard often, and when I did, I would rather dock the phone and have a bigger keyboard to work with. My hands are just too old and tired to work with the small keyboards that came on the phones a few years back.

Still have my HTC Wizard that has the keyboard and Windows Mobile 5.0. Still use it as well. For my Lumia, though, I'd rather have a nice bluetooth keyboard.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those holdouts from the Treo-BlackBerry-Pre days and I thought I'd never get over losing a physical keyboard. When the Dell Venue Pro came on the scene, I thought I was in hog heaven until that camera made me rethink my priorities. The predictive text on WP is so fantastic that sometimes I can compose a quick email or text and barely touch the keys. I think with the shift toward larger displays, the need for a physical kb has been largely negated. I know we're not supposed to text and drive but let's face it, we ALL do it and it's easier to "feel" keys than have to actually look down at a piece of glass.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
A windows phone inspired by a blackberry bold look, that may make me a potential customer. However I completely doubt it is ever going to happen, not unless you dig around for an old windows mobile device; that has a keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why people like physical keyboard that much, the keys are often small or cramped and I'm pretty sure you can type faster on a virtual keyboard than you can on a physical one, once you yet used to it.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people like physical keyboard that much, the keys are often small or cramped and I'm pretty sure you can type faster on a virtual keyboard than you can on a physical one, once you yet used to it.
Other people don't understand why people like virtual keyboard that much, the keys are often small or cramped and they're pretty sure you can type faster on a physical keyboard than you can on a virtual one, once you yet used to it.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Other people don't understand why people like virtual keyboard that much, the keys are often small or cramped and they're pretty sure you can type faster on a physical keyboard than you can on a virtual one, once you yet used to it.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

Haha but you can customise how big or small the keys on a virtual keyboard will be, at least on some OSes.

But point taken. :p

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you on WP, though? (I'm pretty sure you can't but that's actually a serious question since I'm about to move to a bigger screened phone, lol. I like the split keyboard on Win8 for tablets:
Untitled.png

Haha, ya. I am with you, though. I much prefer virtual keyboards for phones. But I got to hear all about how slow on-screen keyboards are from my grandma when she switched from her BlackBerry to an iPhone, lol.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Can you on WP, though? (I'm pretty sure you can't but that's actually a serious question since I'm about to move to a bigger screened phone, lol. I like the split keyboard on Win8 for tablets:
View attachment 90711

Haha, ya. I am with you, though. I much prefer virtual keyboards for phones. But I got to hear all about how slow on-screen keyboards are from my grandma when she switched from her BlackBerry to an iPhone, lol.

For Windows Phone, last I checked you can't modify the keyboard much.

Android and iOS support custom keyboards that have adjustable sizes, some OEMs have implemented such keyboards too, let's hope Widows Phone does too.

But honestly speaking people already complain that the Windows Phone keyboard is too huge.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I was one of those holdouts from the Treo-BlackBerry-Pre days and I thought I'd never get over losing a physical keyboard. When the Dell Venue Pro came on the scene, I thought I was in hog heaven until that camera made me rethink my priorities. The predictive text on WP is so fantastic that sometimes I can compose a quick email or text and barely touch the keys. I think with the shift toward larger displays, the need for a physical kb has been largely negated. I know we're not supposed to text and drive but let's face it, we ALL do it and it's easier to "feel" keys than have to actually look down at a piece of glass.

Please don't condone texting and driving, people die because of it, and it has to stop. TIA

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I do know that once you typed out a key on a physical keyboard, it is the right letter.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

No, I don't do it. I don't pick up my phone while driving, period. It can wait. However, it couldn't wait for the jerk that rear-ended me at a stop sign last month, and it will be quite some time before full recovery is made from the damages/injuries received, thank you very much.

If you're one of the ones doing this, you're as much as fault as the inconsiderate dolt that hit my vehicle with my children in the back seat. Stop it.

And if you can't go that long without having to fiddle with your phone due to a serious addiction, get some help. Believe me, if you can't wait until you get somewhere to send a text, then you have a serious addiction and need professional help. You also need a swift kick in the ****.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
And if you can't go that long without having to fiddle with your phone due to a serious addiction, get some help. Believe me, if you can't wait until you get somewhere to send a text, then you have a serious addiction and need professional help. You also need a swift kick in the ****.

It's nice to know you've never gotten a speeding ticket or slow-rolled through a stop sign. I'm sure Progressive or State Farm wishes all their customers could drive in 100% compliance of every traffic law the way you do. I wish the world had more perfect people like you that never had a beer at a buddy's house while watching the big game or if you did, stayed a full 8 hours per beer afterward. I'm also proud of the fact that your tax returns are 100% legit and have every single receipt for every single deduction.

Get off your high horse and as The Prophet Bob Marley posited "don't go point'n fingers if you 'ands ain't clean".

Oh, and about that kick in my ***, I'm 100% sure you don't have what it takes to administer it.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My niece was killed 10 months ago when my sister in laws car was rear ended by someone texting. It forever changed the lives of her family and the gentleman that ran into her. Fatclue that is a nice family picture you have as your avatar. My sister in laws used to look similar, it no longer does...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion