I want WP device with a keyboard!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My niece was killed 10 months ago when my sister in laws car was rear ended by someone texting. It forever changed the lives of her family and the gentleman that ran into her. Fatclue that is a nice family picture you have as your avatar. My sister in laws used to look similar, it no longer does...

I'm very sorry for your loss. My wife was hospitalized 2 years ago when someone ran a red light and t-boned her SUV while he was texting. It pales in comparison to your family's case because my wife came home and I understand that. I'm not on my phone every waking moment so I'm not this evil villain some others have made me out to be. But I'm also cognizant of the fact that many, including some of these same vilifiers (is that a word?), do or have done the same thing. I put close to 50,000 miles every year on my work truck. I have not even put a scratch on a vehicle in over 30 years, I'm doing something right and it ain't got nothing to do with luck.

Thank you for keeping it civil and not threatening me with bodily harm.

JacobV

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Windows Phone come out that's designed like the HP Pre 3, but I'm just wishful thinking.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Still rocking the LG Optimus C900 with slideout keyboard.

attlgquantum.jpg

Yes, still with windows 7.8, but since there isn't a replacement,
I will not switch to another phone.

Maybe windows 10 will support bluetooth keyboards.

either that, or switch to blackberry passport.

it does have a touch keyboard also, but i never use it.

i've never liked touch ones, and now is not the time to switch what works a lot better for me.
all my friends with touchscreens have mistakes in their typing. but i have the least because
of the hardware keyboard.

later

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd consider one with a slideout if it existed. I've gotten used to a touch screen keyboard, but if it was well made... it'd seem deliciously retro at this point.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I think there was one point were I was curious if I paired my logitech keyboard to my Nokia Lumia 521, but I cannot quite remember if it worked or not; I guess I will try it again.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

MrChris2000

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I loved my old HTC BlueAngel, the slide out keyboard had slightly raised keys which meant you could identify them by touch nicely. Wasn't uncommon to send a txt without taking my phone out of my pocket.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's nice to know you've never gotten a speeding ticket or slow-rolled through a stop sign. I'm sure Progressive or State Farm wishes all their customers could drive in 100% compliance of every traffic law the way you do. I wish the world had more perfect people like you that never had a beer at a buddy's house while watching the big game or if you did, stayed a full 8 hours per beer afterward. I'm also proud of the fact that your tax returns are 100% legit and have every single receipt for every single deduction.

Get off your high horse and as The Prophet Bob Marley posited "don't go point'n fingers if you 'ands ain't clean".

Oh, and about that kick in my ***, I'm 100% sure you don't have what it takes to administer it.

I started to post a reply here, but stepped away for an hour and came back. I'm going to let it go just out of plain pity for you. You obviously just don't have good judgement, which I've determined by that last statement of yours. Someone said that to Chuck Norris once, not realizing who they were talking to, and were never heard from again. (Not really, but you get my point.) If you take that as a threat, then it just further proves my point about your judgement, as it is nothing of the sort, as neither was my first post about it. Just poor judgement if you think you can take all comers because there is always going to be someone who is either bigger, meaner, has a whole lot of mean buddies and travels in packs, or rich enough to hire a sniper when you least expect it. I'd hate for you to say that to a drug lord or mob boss. <shudder>

I'm going to drop it in hopes that you will come to your senses and stop driving while distracted, under the influence, or any other way that endangers the lives of others.

------------------------------

Let's get back on topic.

I've got to really agree with folks about the accuracy of typing. Even when you type correctly on the on-screen keyboard, you have to proof EVERYTHING before you send it, because of the way the "suggestions" automatically replace, incorrectly many times, with what the keyboard thinks you meant by what you typed.

I do think a slide-out keyboard would be very useful for many users, especially business users. However, being retired for the last 4 years (Retired at age 46, and yes, I'm comfortable), I don't find the need for myself for the keyboard being built-into the device. I would definitely like to have a keyboard at times, however, and I think that it should be made available via USB adapter for USB keyboards or Bluetooth or both. I would LOVE to see it support a USB keyboard where I can plug a nano receiver into a micro-USB adapter and use my existing wireless keyboard/mouse combination. That would be pretty cool.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone was complaining about physical vs onscreen kb? Want to know the difference?
For one, you can one hand type on physical, and u know what the best part? You can also text and not look at the keyboard.
I used to text like crazy on Sidekick without looking at the screen. I would just read a friend's text, and start texting without looking at the phone.
I did the same thing with Dell Venue Pro. I look at the screen to read, then look up and start typing as I keep walking. The speed is not as fast as typing on screen, but it is quite more accurate, you don't even need auto correct with physical keyboard.

Dell Venue Pro was my last physical k/b. I do not think companies will follow suit with it now. Blackberry will be the last company, but everyone moving toward swype keyboards which are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too fast. Faster than physical keyboard.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Onysi, like you said, physical keyboard is most accurate, and a built in physical can add to the accuracy. Sorely needed judging from posts online I see from people.

Swype keyboard is much faster than built-in, small keyboard.

However, a BT Keyboard, full size or near full size, would be the greatest alternative when needing to do extensive work in a word document or excel spreadsheet. That would be AWESOME. I've seen some that roll up like a rubber mat and fit nicely into your carry pack. Pull it out, turn it on, lay it on a flat surface and start typing. Great when travelling.

Of course, a BT keyboard wouldn't be for simple texting, but when entering recipes, grocery lists, Christmas card lists, chores to be done around home, working on a spreadsheet, typing a long email, or editing a long document, a BT keyboard would be invaluable in those circumstances. It would give me reason to upgrade to a phablet.

mobilePally

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Touch Pro 2 was amazing. It was also supported for quite a while and I squeezed a lot of extra life out of it. Paid for itself 10x over. HTC 7 Pro was the spiritual successor but it didn't ever come to Verizon. :/ Been without a physical keyboard ever since.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Touch Pro 2 was amazing. It was also supported for quite a while and I squeezed a lot of extra life out of it. Paid for itself 10x over. :/ Been without a physical keyboard ever since.

Yes, the Touch Pro 2 was an amazingly productive phone to create content on. I created so many documents and accomplished so much work on that qwerty keyboard phone, with properly offset keys, that I wore the letters off some of the backlit keys. Amazing. (Good thing that I know where qwerty keyboards letters are.)

Let's consume a little, then, let's get some real work done, using our Windows Phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss