Anyone know about the next Lumia announcement?

AliReza Baensaf1

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
anyone know about next lumias anouncement?

well i have lumia 925 and its screen got cracked , and i dont like 930 much , coz its heavier and doesnt have glance screen , and front camera is good enough
so i was wondering if microsoft will announce any new lumia phones ?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: anyone know about next lumias anouncement?

well i have lumia 925 and its screen got cracked , and i dont like 930 much , coz its heavier and doesnt have glance screen , and front camera is good enough
so i was wondering if microsoft will announce any new lumia phones ?

They really need to announce something. Honestly you are not going to find anything on this forum.. Maybe they'll give us a sneak peak during Consumer Preview, January 2015

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Sometime in the future. Wish people would use search before asking the same stupid question over and over.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Well, it seems MS will launch some new Lumia phones... but those phones could be another low end models. The product codes are RM-1069 / RM-1070 those devices just passed the Indonesian electronic certification.

Those Lumia phones apparently will have hardware buttons, strange considering their budget status.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They need something with sd810 chipset and 4gb RAM .. that way you can buy it now and don't have to worry about win10 next fall.

I am waiting for them to come out with the next camera flagship and if it doesn't have a xenon flash I am going ios full time.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is up with Microsoft?????
They need a new Flagship phone.

The 930/1520 is the flagship. The One M8 for Windows is still a flagship in Android and Windows lands.
They don't need to crank out a new phone every six months. Sure, they aren't socks. off. impressive, but it's what's out for this generation.

They need something with sd810 chipset and 4gb RAM .. that way you can buy it now and don't have to worry about win10 next fall.

I am waiting for them to come out with the next camera flagship and if it doesn't have a xenon flash I am going ios full time.

What would the point be, of course, sure higher numbers are great for bragging and all, but if it doesn't really improve the user experience, no point throwing higher numbers at the problem. (costs more too definitely)
Not saying to underspec anything, but its not the end all. There's more to S phone than just RAM and the processor.

Because the iPhone's sure have Xenon flashes! That logic doesn't make much sense to me. (similar:) "If it doesn't have 4 GB of RAM, I'll get an iPhone 6 with 1 GB of RAM!"
But whatever, get whatever you want.

Just my two cents though.

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The 930 is not even available from any carriers in the US, you have to buy it unlocked and even then I don't believe it supports 4G LTE.
And this might fall on your same argument numbers and specs aren't all, but a flagship with no 4G LTE? Come on.
And as far as the 1520 that is a "Plablet" which is probably too big for a lot of people, and it is kind of old.
I get the whole Microsoft thing of waiting to release hardware til Windows 10 for mobile is complete, so they can ship the phones with it, but the position they are in, they cannot afford in my opinion to sit back and while every other company eats their lunch. They are already behind as it is as far as specs go.
And yes you are right specs aren't everything, but they are a huge marketing tool to promote new devices and differentiate themselves. Nobody needs a phone with a 1080p resolution but ever since phones started coming out with it all of a sudden it is a key component to a flagship phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 930 is not even available from any carriers in the US, you have to buy it unlocked and even then I don't believe it supports 4G LTE.
And this might fall on your same argument numbers and specs aren't all, but a flagship with no 4G LTE? Come on.
And as far as the 1520 that is a "Plablet" which is probably too big for a lot of people, and it is kind of old.
I get the whole Microsoft thing of waiting to release hardware til Windows 10 for mobile is complete, so they can ship the phones with it, but the position they are in, they cannot afford in my opinion to sit back and while every other company eats their lunch. They are already behind as it is as far as specs go.
And yes you are right specs aren't everything, but they are a huge marketing tool to promote new devices and differentiate themselves. Nobody needs a phone with a 1080p resolution but ever since phones started coming out with it all of a sudden it is a key component to a flagship phone.

It does have 4G/LTE, it just doesn't have those bands specific for AT&T and T-Mobile sadly.
The 1520 is approximately one year old, hardly ancient and still pretty powerful. It's by no means the most powerful phone out there, but its still up there.
Same with the M8, which hasn't been replaced. (I think its more powerful, isn't it?)

I sometimes am annoyed with the focus on BIGGER NUMBERS. BIGGER NUMBERS.

But eh, I don't like how it seems they were caught out of position. Can't they move faster with things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99