12-11-2014 03:21 PM
33 12
tools
    This exactly. It's Microsoft, not WP.
    I agree with the app functionality argument completely. The not supporting android argument will never happen and should never happen. Ms is first a software company more specifically enterprise software 1st. The grand majority of their money is from enterprise to wall themselves off would be a very bad decision.
    12-11-2014 03:00 PM
    Whatever the only person I need to satisy is myself and I like paying $40 for fantastic off-contract and fully capable phones. (520/635)

iphone offers nothing, i know as I have an ipad Air from work... a smaller version that can make calls..yawn

Android is flaky and buggy

Microsofts aim is NOT to take over the SmartPhone market...get over it . Accept what it is...good and cheap (and secure)

Could care less about what any writer thinks. Proof is in what it does for you personally.
    12-11-2014 03:03 PM
    Maybe I'm funny about this - but I don't see the lack of apps as Microsoft's problem. I see it as the app developer's problem. If I want an app on my phone, and it's not there, I complain to the app developer - not the phone maker. Blaming Microsoft for the lack of apps is like blaming your car manufacturer for potholes in the road. If I want Amazon Music on my Windows Phone, I damn well better be complaining to Amazon. We the customers have to demonstrate a demand for the app and we have to make sure the people who nominally make the app *know* we want it.

It's not like Microsoft doesn't make their tools available for free (Visual Studio Community Edition). The two factors that contribute to a lack of apps are demand and bias. If they are biased against Microsoft, then they won't see a need to develop in the first place; and if we don't demand the app developer make a Windows Phone app, they won't know that their bias is incorrect.
    12-11-2014 03:04 PM
    Whatever the only person I need to satisy is myself and I like paying $40 for fantastic off-contract and fully capable phones. (520/635)

iphone offers nothing, i know as I have an ipad Air from work... a smaller version that can make calls..yawn

Android is flaky and buggy

Microsofts aim is NOT to take over the SmartPhone market...get over it . Accept what it is...good and cheap (and secure)

Could care less about what any writer thinks. Proof is in what it does for you personally.
    Amen. I buy a phone for me I could care less who else owns it, if it works for me great! As far as reviewers most these days are clueless and inherantly biased (its actually how they get successful, they find a niche plug it and by accepting freebies from companies giving them and extra access flourish). Just look at photography reviewers 95% of them are absolute clueless and the reviews often ridiculous.
    Hoekie likes this.
    12-11-2014 03:10 PM
    I wonder what's going on. This week we've had Ed Bott and Tom Warren saying they're ditching WP and, on Windows Weekly yesterday, Thurrott and MJF gave a virtual epitaph for WP. None of them have reported even rumors that MSFT is dropping WP but they must be hearing something (vague hints). Of course, you could say that MSFT has been screaming that WP is dead recently by:

1. Releasing apps for all their services on iOS and Android
    2. Talking about services more than platforms
    3. Removing the Metro UI from Windows
    4. Adding Android as a Visual Studio 2015 target

It's dead, Jim...
    12-11-2014 03:10 PM
    I could see this coming a mile away. He's been trashing Microsoft for a few weeks. I don't care about Tom Warren, he can leave if he wants, it's his choice.
    Yeah. One less person I have to follow on Twitter now!
    Hoekie likes this.
    12-11-2014 03:11 PM
    I don't know about that. Microsoft has already publicly stated that all Lumia devices will be upgraded to Windows 10. That sounds like a pretty firm commitment to me. The problem really is the app developers and the carriers. Verizon is a travesty for Windows Phone support. Their utter lack of updates is what drove Ed Bott away from Windows Phone (from what I understand in reading his article).
    Hoekie likes this.
    Too many threads going on about this.

Please continue in this one:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-but-true.html
    a5cent, muneshyne21 and Slovenix like this.
33 12