Microsoft and Windows Central

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Windows Central is a rare beast. A website of Windows fans who know when to hold Microsoft's feet to the fire. And I like Microsoft's new relationship with the site. The 12 Gems event as well as having official Microsoft employees involved in the support forums means that we know our voices are being heard at Microsoft. So great news all around.

However, I would be hypocritical if I didn't ask if there is a conflict of interests here. I've often said that even though Mac fans make up only 8% of the actual population they seem to make up 80% of the tech media. It is hard to get truly objective news from the tech media because they really do treat themselves as blogs and not news outlets.

So I guess I'm asking is are we wanting Windows Central to be an official Microsoft mouthpiece or would we rather prefer they remain objective, yet slightly biased. I'm fine either way. I just would like to know where we stand.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
^this

Plus, the Microsoft guys are here specifically to get feedback (read: complaints), so while its awesome Microsoft is doing it, its not something to be worried about.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that Microsoft may actually do more than "read" feedback from users, but may actually begin interacting with us and offering assistance at times. Windows Central isn't going to be run by MS, rather, MS is coming on board in order to have an additional place to interact with the user base to better support and improve their products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos