12-22-2014 02:35 PM
51 123
tools
    ZDNet's David Gerwitz has just written an article called "2014: The Year Microsoft Lost my Loyalty." This is the latest in a string of tech reporters giving up on Microsoft's ecosystem. This one has a harsher tone though.

2014: The year Microsoft lost my loyalty | ZDNet

What's your take? Just a hater in disguise or a writer with valid points?
    12-16-2014 04:21 PM
    He has done all the wrong things. Smh
    sinime and anon(8150199) like this.
    12-16-2014 04:36 PM
    Do people still read ZDNet?
    sinime, ssapre and anon(8150199) like this.
    12-16-2014 04:38 PM
    I started to read the article and gave up. I don't think I can agree with much that he says... Again, I didn't read the whole thing though.

Not sure if I'm the only one that loves windows 8 and its ease of use with touch screen when your messing around and full powered keyboard/mouse when it's time to get down to business. A couple of times, I've almost reached out to touch my monitor at work (win 7, no touch screen).

I also like where MS is heading with win 10... Although I wish they'd get there a little faster...

So in short, I haven't lost any loyalty to MS.
    12-16-2014 04:39 PM
    He comes off as a hater IMO. His laptop is a Chromebook? LMFAO, that right there says it all.
    12-16-2014 04:46 PM
    who cares, good for him if he is happy with other devices
    aximtreo and EBUK like this.
    12-16-2014 04:46 PM
    I think you guys are reading way too much into it. I didn't sense any hating at all. He just explained how he migrated away from most things Microsoft. Perhaps your loyalties are adding filters that aren't there.
    Cryio, doob9911 and SpaceyO like this.
    12-16-2014 05:16 PM
    Clearly anti-Microsoft articles generate clicks.

When I compare most articles about Windows or Windows Phone on tech blogs they tend to have the most comments too.
    12-16-2014 05:28 PM
    Good for the guy, and the other 8 people who use Macs
    Markmyw0rds likes this.
    12-16-2014 05:31 PM
    I don't use Mac, Mac.
    12-16-2014 05:32 PM
    Lol wow, switching to Apple products. That is very low-end decision my friend. Does he even mention why he's doing this?
    Markmyw0rds likes this.
    12-16-2014 05:38 PM
    He's a Linux guy and always has been. Not a surprise to me.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    12-16-2014 06:13 PM
    Its all a master plan to derail the momentum of Windows 10..it won't work. Pretty soon it will be the year of Microsoft.

Are we really scared of Apple or Android...they are so been there done that.

Ones expensive as all sin
    The other quirky janky

All it will take is Windows 10 to knock them all down. Love my $40 Nokias and Build 9901
    Markmyw0rds, 980z and fiveaces01 like this.
    12-16-2014 06:17 PM
    Hahaha! I did the opposite. I moved away, far away from anything google to Microsoft. Never tried the fruit co and I refuse to even go there.
    Ordeith, EBUK, Markmyw0rds and 3 others like this.
    12-16-2014 06:30 PM
    Smartest guy in the room.
    4 monitors.
    Tenth of a petabyte of storage.
    Deserves a direct response from an OEM for a simple question.
    Teaches at Berkeley.
    Looks over his shades and down his nose at you.
    Surmisation and Ordeith like this.
    12-16-2014 06:55 PM
    apple and android users always seem to be over-compensating for something.
    12-16-2014 07:00 PM
    Just another guy jumping onto the 'we hate Microsoft' bandwagon is what it really is.
    Markmyw0rds likes this.
    12-16-2014 07:02 PM

Some okay points. Microsoft still has catching up to do. They very well may do it with Windows 10. But that is about one year away from release, including another few years of adoption. Tack on another year after saturation for developers to see the demand - then develop & release universal applications.

Generally, it was negative and narcissistic post. His gripe about support is unfounded. Google has no customer support number. And Apple's genius' incompetence nearly cost one of my coworker's 3 years of photos on her iPhone

As for me, I ditched Verizon, and with that my Icon for Cricket wireless. Even at 0 dollars, the Lumia 635 is insufficient. I opted for a Moto G.
    I also ditched Xbox for PS4. Games for Gold was sneakily misrepresented, with a stated 2 games per month, but only one being new. The main IP on Xbox was neglected at the expense for other industries with a discernible hit to the games' quality. That's not okay.

* In this consumer's opinion, Windows, Office, & OneDrive are all top class.
    12-16-2014 07:25 PM
    Could have been the OP intent but posting links to articles like that only increases the total hits that article will get, which obviously, is what the author is wanting.
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-16-2014 07:27 PM
    I guess I must be one of those "other 8 people," according to you. Typing this from my Mac as I speak. I happen to own a Sony VAIO that runs Windows 7 as well. Seriously, that was an inane and very unnecessary comment.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-16-2014 08:42 PM
    Most people use windows pc and android phone in the world.
    Mac? Chromebook? no.
    Markmyw0rds likes this.
    12-16-2014 09:56 PM
    I gave the article a quick read through. I'm not sure I see the point of it. It can be summed up as "tech guy with cheesy profile picture (taken in front of a Windows logo for an anti-MS aritcle), in control of his own tech budget with no need for workplace collaboration, unable to read straightforward upgrade guidance but with the time to train himself on new systems bought himself some new kit". Well done him.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-17-2014 12:08 AM
    I don't sense any hate at all just he moved onto other devices that suit his needs, people need to stop reading too much into the article lol. Like I said in another thread, there are going to be more and more of these articles in the coming months.
    12-17-2014 10:29 AM
    I wouldn't call it flaming. Microsoft doesn't blow his skirt, and that's fine. The problem I find is that he's trying to use a sledge hammer to kill a mosquito. A "respected" tech blogger should know what the features and benefits of any piece of hardware are and how to maximize them to his own needs. Oh well, good luck and good riddance.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-17-2014 11:19 AM
    LET IT BE KNOWN!!!!!! ZDnet along with TechRepublic are a bunch of Apple fan boys. So this article is nothing more than a biased piece flaming Microsoft.

I used to subscribe to their mailing lists and get emails with articles on tech topics. The more you read it, the more you realize that they are Apple fanboys. Every Apple article gushes over their newest feature that has been out on other platforms already. Every Microsoft article they publish always seems to have a number of negative things to say.

So take this article with a grain of salt.
    12-17-2014 11:23 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD