Nokia announced just recently that is has stopped development of here maps for windows phone to concentrate on iOS and Android, Microsoft will have to take the steering wheel from now in addition to the failed facebook app project...is here maps headed to the facebook road?
    12-18-2014 03:57 AM
    Its just all business. From what I understand, Nokia loss the game after Apple and Samsung took off their throne. After they collaborated with Microsoft they just made a very small amount of smartphone sales, then they finally sold their mobile division to MS. So that means going with MS is not really a good decision, Huawei left windows phone either because of this lack of sales.
    Auegro likes this.
    12-18-2014 04:16 AM
    if nokia get 5% + marketshare for here maps on android (which is already so much more superior to windowsphone version) then that's then the whole of the windowsphone user base combined makes perfect sense from a business stand point nokia isn't a charity they're still a business
    12-18-2014 08:19 AM
    Nokia is never enemy .without nokia I would not have touched wp.
    12-18-2014 08:21 AM
    What a ridiculous title. Our enemy?
    How is making sure your bottom line stays in the black by focusing on the two main operating systems an act of agression?
    They have a company to run and like it or not WP is not an operating system to make money from. Give your head a shake. Nokia may not be the same company anymore but they are still Nokia.
    12-18-2014 08:37 AM
    Its just all business. From what I understand, Nokia loss the game after Apple and Samsung took off their throne. After they collaborated with Microsoft they just made a very small amount of smartphone sales, then they finally sold their mobile division to MS. So that means going with MS is not really a good decision, Huawei left windows phone either because of this lack of sales.
    Huawei's lack of sales is because their devices are cheap no good pieces of crap
    12-18-2014 08:38 AM
    Huawei's lack of sales is because their devices are cheap no good pieces of crap
    Which is not what their Android phones are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 09:06 AM
    Which is not what their Android phones are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huawei phones are crap! We all know that!
    12-18-2014 11:02 AM
    Huawei phones are crap! We all know that!
    Yeah but windows phone lost another OEM and it hasn't made a lot yet compared to Android. And huawei have more Android consumers than windows phones, so that means there's something wrong with the OS and MS strategies etc, I mean, windows phone is out for quite some time now and to be honest its not really that popular so there's definitely something wrong with the OS( features, what it can do, and so on). I guess Nokia will be more successful with Android, they also have a pretty good reputation ever since so there's a change they will top the lead in the market, and if they started with Android in the beginning Im pretty sure they are leading the market right now.
    12-18-2014 11:38 AM
    Nokia is never enemy .without nokia I would not have touched wp.
    Yeah pretty much, I didn't really cared about windows phone before I purchased my WP, I bought it because its Nokia.
    Sonu K and Jakoh like this.
    12-18-2014 11:42 AM
    I think....
    NOKIA is focusing on Android for the moment because they want to perfect things for the N1. They will be back on WP soon. They probably dont have too many resources these days. Anyways, wasnt there an update to Here maps just a few days agO?
    12-18-2014 11:49 AM
    Nokia is distancing itself from Microsoft like it just got through a bad divorce.
    matt john2 likes this.
    12-18-2014 12:43 PM
    The silly assumption from the title of this thread aside, those two companies have been rivals for a very long time. In fact, if you really look into it, Nokia is probably the main reason for Microsoft's troubles in the mobile OS space in general.

For anyone interested, read the following:

part 1: Symbian, The Secret History: Dark Star ? The Register

part 2: Symbian's Secret History: The battle for the company's soul ? The Register

part 3: Symbian?s Secret History: Davies on what went right (and wrong) ? The Register

In a nutshell..

Psion developed a mobile OS from the ground up which was better than Microsoft's solution. Nokia was looking for an OS for their upcoming smart devices. Microsoft was betting on Nokia, Motorola, and Ericsson (the 3 major OEMs at the time) picking Windows CE, but instead Nokia picked Psion's OS and convinced the other 2 companies to come along. Microsoft was left with Casio, HP, and.. whatever. MS was not happy. Gates didn't even want to hear the word "Symbian" ever again. It took Microsoft almost 15 years but they finally got what they wanted.. Nokia hardware running Microsoft software.

So, if you think that Nokia are "enemies" because of the here maps situation.. nah.. its much deeper than that.
    muneshyne21 likes this.
    12-18-2014 07:56 PM
    What happened here? Can we not have a choice on anything, this is like saying Microsoft released IE11 for iOS and Android; and now it is our enemy. No free market choice? :)

Sent from my iPod touch 5th Gen using Tapatalk
    An_dz likes this.
    12-18-2014 09:09 PM
    Nokia announced just recently that is has stopped development of here maps for windows phone to concentrate on iOS and Android, Microsoft will have to take the steering wheel from now in addition to the failed facebook app project...is here maps headed to the facebook road?
    Nokia still sells their mapping solution to Microsoft so that makes Microsoft a customer rather than an enemy.
    12-19-2014 02:59 PM