The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
  1. runamuck83's Avatar
    Do you guys think there's any benefit that could come by Microsoft teaming up with Blackberry to make Windows Phone the default OS for Blackberry devices?
    12-19-2014 12:20 PM
  2. matt john2's Avatar
    Not much I think, cause its just another OEM, except if they team up in developing(which will probably happen if this happens)
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:28 PM
  3. oviedofreak82's Avatar
    If the two companies formed a partnership they could dominate the enterprise market. Blackberry phones running Windows probably won't happen as it might turn into 2011 when Nokia came onboard.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:37 PM
  4. Pacus1x's Avatar
    In terms of market share? I don't think it will make a big difference... but it will receive lots of negative publicity and hate because some people will yell the Nokia situation all over again, every acquisition or partnership from MS is usually cover with hostility by some of the tech press.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-19-2014 12:48 PM
  5. runamuck83's Avatar
    An OS with a 3% market share teaming up with another one with 1% market share? Of course! Together they'll dominate, having a total of 4% market share!
    4 is better than 3 :-)
    12-19-2014 01:00 PM
  6. tgp's Avatar
    An OS with a 3% market share teaming up with another one with 1% market share? Of course! Together they'll dominate, having a total of 4% market share!
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-19-2014 01:05 PM
  7. xandros9's Avatar
    An OS with a 3% market share teaming up with another one with 1% market share? Of course! Together they'll dominate, having a total of 4% market share!
    "What percentage of a plan do you have?"
    "I dunno... twelve percent?"
    "I am groot."
    "So what, "its better than eleven percent"?"
    runamuck83 and tgp like this.
    12-19-2014 01:35 PM
  8. AluminiumRims's Avatar
    It will definitely hurt Blackberry. Windows Phone is garbage compared to BB10 and that OS is much more mature and rich.

    BB10 is actually the best OS out there and unfortunately very few person know this.
    12-19-2014 02:57 PM
  9. LockOnTech's Avatar
    It would help because this is something new and exciting, but also hurt because it is new and exciting, particularly blackberry; they seem to want to live in the past with the range of phones they just released like the classic (which I do not mind, bring on the physical keyboards!) So much for being optimistic with this post.


    Sent from my iPod touch 5th Gen using Tapatalk
    12-19-2014 08:17 PM
  10. several potatos's Avatar
    It will definitely hurt Blackberry. Windows Phone is garbage compared to BB10 and that OS is much more mature and rich.

    BB10 is actually the best OS out there and unfortunately very few person know this.
    Go away
    hagjohn likes this.
    12-19-2014 08:18 PM
  11. Spikey Sato's Avatar
    well would be great would help they own more market and help maybe get there apps made on there phone. I love all our apps but there are some lacking. I think would be great if BB and MS teamed up. I know SOny & MS are already teaming up to make a windows sony phone.
    12-19-2014 11:17 PM
  12. LockOnTech's Avatar
    well would be great would help they own more market and help maybe get there apps made on there phone. I love all our apps but there are some lacking. I think would be great if BB and MS teamed up. I know SOny & MS are already teaming up to make a windows sony phone.
    It is ironic coming from sony since they were more focused on making android phones that were able to run playstation items. But in a way it is good to see that we can at least have a mix of both worlds.


    Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    12-20-2014 08:11 AM
  13. SteveNoza's Avatar
    Like I said on another similar post, I left BlackBerry because of the Q10 double typing fiasco, and I think Microsoft should stay far away from any company that handles problems like that. Other than the double typing I loved BlackBerry, I still like BB10 OS slightly better than WP 8, and the Q10 build is fantastic. Maybe if Microsoft bought BlackBerry and ran it them self. The other issue would be engineering WP OS to work on a mechanical keyboard, that would be an investment in a very small market share.
    12-20-2014 10:38 AM
  14. fdalbor's Avatar
    This is probably not a good idea. But a nice thought.
    12-21-2014 12:40 AM
  15. HeyCori's Avatar
    I think there's a lot of potential for BlackBerry if they fully adopt the Microsoft ecosystem. I'm talking Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, the whole suite. Businesses would love having the security of BB but also the ability to interact with standard Office software. I don't think BB is interested though.
    12-21-2014 01:32 PM
  16. skstrials's Avatar
    I think there's a lot of potential for BlackBerry if they fully adopt the Microsoft ecosystem. I'm talking Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, the whole suite. Businesses would love having the security of BB but also the ability to interact with standard Office software. I don't think BB is interested though.
    OneDrive and Skype are already available with BB10, as well as full integration with Outlook mail, calendar, and contacts.

    The only thing missing is the office 365 for BB10.
    12-21-2014 05:55 PM
  17. maclancer's Avatar
    It will definitely hurt Blackberry. Windows Phone is garbage compared to BB10 and that OS is much more mature and rich.

    BB10 is actually the best OS out there and unfortunately very few person know this.
    I guess you are in the wrong forum buddy
    12-21-2014 06:05 PM
  18. fatclue_98's Avatar
    The way Chen is righting that ship, I can't see why he would be interested in joining forces with MS. Microsoft needs to keep BB firmly in their rear view mirror. The eternal cries of "no new flagships" and new BBs being released could be enough of a crease for BlackBerry to creep back into 3rd place.
    SteveNoza likes this.
    12-21-2014 06:21 PM
  19. maclancer's Avatar
    The way Chen is righting that ship, I can't see why he would be interested in joining forces with MS. Microsoft needs to keep BB firmly in their rear view mirror. The eternal cries of "no new flagships" and new BBs being released could be enough of a crease for BlackBerry to creep back into 3rd place.
    Don't think so... First, Blackberry released of the passport is kind of a joke from a consumer point of view. It is a phone that was designed with the business people in mind and not for someone that love to watch videos or movies. Try to view videos in that thing, a square display... Lol. Last, the other blackberry released was the classic which is just a typical blackberry phone... Nothing really interesting... How you think they will beat WP in market share? Not even in your dreams will happen.
    12-21-2014 11:46 PM
  20. fatclue_98's Avatar
    Don't think so... First, Blackberry released of the passport is kind of a joke from a consumer point of view. It is a phone that was designed with the business people in mind and not for someone that love to watch videos or movies. Try to view videos in that thing, a square display... Lol. Last, the other blackberry released was the classic which is just a typical blackberry phone... Nothing really interesting... How you think they will beat WP in market share? Not even in your dreams will happen.
    You've obviously been conditioned to think that smartphones are only for media consumption and the fine folks in Cupertino and Mountain View should be commended for that. BlackBerry lost a lot of users when they went with the Z10 and its all-touch interface. The fact that WP took over 3rd place while battling OS7 devices tells you all you need to know. The Passport jokingly sold out both of its 200k allotments and is still trying to fill orders even though it's expensive and has no carrier support. The Classic will have carrier support in Europe, Canada and the US. Wake up and smell the coffee, it's a threat and it's real.
    12-22-2014 07:39 AM
  21. prasath1234's Avatar
    No way even in dream bb 10 OS will beat wp that is for sure.even tizen can beat bb 10 OS in terms of market share.
    From Windows phone
    12-22-2014 07:53 AM
  22. runamuck83's Avatar
    I think just due to the fact that Windows Phone will run Windows 10 (unified OS) in 2015 is enough to fend off any risk of Blackberry.
    12-22-2014 08:31 AM
  23. SteveNoza's Avatar
    You've obviously been conditioned to think that smartphones are only for media consumption and the fine folks in Cupertino and Mountain View should be commended for that. BlackBerry lost a lot of users when they went with the Z10 and its all-touch interface. The fact that WP took over 3rd place while battling OS7 devices tells you all you need to know. The Passport jokingly sold out both of its 200k allotments and is still trying to fill orders even though it's expensive and has no carrier support. The Classic will have carrier support in Europe, Canada and the US. Wake up and smell the coffee, it's a threat and it's real.
    I agree, even though BlackBerry's lack of customer support drove me to WP, modern BlackBerrys are great work phones and are still a force to be reckoned with. The Passport and Classic holds no interest to me, but a Z10 with better battery life would be great work phone. Microsoft already has great work/ Enterprise support and if they make a serious push for that market they will keep BlackBerry trying to catch up.
    PS, if Windows Phone would have had a good mechanical keyboard phone in place, they could have picked up a bunch of BlackBerry users from their slump.
    Last edited by SteveNoza; 12-22-2014 at 09:13 AM.
    12-22-2014 09:02 AM
  24. prasath1234's Avatar
    Blackberry trying to bring Rio which is phone for emerging market but still wp cannot be defeated by bb .I think death of bb is very certain unlike wp.
    12-22-2014 09:18 AM
  25. fatclue_98's Avatar
    I agree, even though BlackBerry's lack of customer support drove me to WP, modern BlackBerrys are great work phones and are still a force to be reckoned with. The Passport and Classic holds no interest to me, but a Z10 with better battery life would be great work phone. Microsoft already has great work/ Enterprise support and if they make a serious push for that market they will keep BlackBerry trying to catch up.
    PS, if Windows Phone would have had a good mechanical keyboard phone in place, they could have picked up a bunch of BlackBerry users from their slump.
    They did on WP7 (Dell Venue Pro) but the camera was so awful that you may as well have kept your BB.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-26-2014 03:15 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 03:18 PM
  2. 920 or Free 830?
    By Stormdrunk in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 07:59 AM
  3. Why can't Microsoft update Windows Phone like Windows?
    By runamuck83 in forum Microsoft News & Rumors
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 06:54 AM
  4. Nokia MD-12 Wireless Speaker on sale for $29.99 at the MS store
    By JohnStrk in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 04:15 PM
  5. Retailers offering last-minute holiday deals on Xbox One consoles and games
    By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD