Minor scratches on screen

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Has any of you successfully removed really small scratches from your screen?

I have a scratch that is so minor you have to look hard at a certain angle to see it. But I'd like to get it off anyway (I'm a little OCD about my screen).

I've heard of toothpaste (not gel) which I will try tonight.

I know I should get a screen protector :wink:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a small scratch on my screen that I picked up first day of use. Can barely see it unless I really look for it.

I bought a good quality, tempered glass screen protector, applied it, and have been unable to detect the scratch since. I believe the liquid the screen protector uses to attach itself "filled in the scratch" to make it not noticeable. Your mileage may vary.

I picked it up from: Amazon.com: Nacodex? 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof for Nokia Lumia 525 520 526 [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories
But that's for my model, which may not be yours. You can search for one like it that would fit your model, and they do a great job protecting. Plus, it is really, really clear, and feels just as good as the original glass. I love mine.

Still, though, if I had thought about it, I would have tried the toothpaste trick first. I still would have applied the screen protector, but would have tried the toothpaste first if I had thought about it. The toothpaste worked on my car headlights and did a lot to restore the brightness of the headlights because of it.

Best of luck, whatever you decide.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you want to remove the scratch you need to polish it away (remove the glass around the scratch) but if that is not done perfect you may get a visible dent. Furthermore there may be a coating on the glass and that also would disappear on the spot you are polishing.
So if you want to do it first try it on another glass screen.

In toothpaste are small particles to "grind" your teeth so in that sense I understand why you want to use it but if it works to get a scratch away I wonder because if these particles are strong enough to remove glass you would not have teeth anymore.
Anyhow good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes