1. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    One of the biggest broadcasters in the world (TV Globo, just lost to ABC), gives 410 Lumias 530 for free for the audience of the "Caldeiro do Huck" on TV Globo.
    Sponsored by Microsoft Brazil.



    https://twitter.com/search?q=Lumia%2...0Huck&src=typd

    On another day, he show the selfiephone, Lumia 730


    And also the commercial of 530 is showing in the pay TV and 'open' TV a LOT of times

    Microsoft directly attacks the Samsung and LG low-ends (even without naming names)
    Saying that they are outdated, slow and "have no apps".
    In many shopping malls in Brazil, Microsoft are giving away 100 Lumias 630 of Xmas.
    12-20-2014 09:21 PM
  2. fdalbor's Avatar
    Nice promotion, but still a drop in the bucket. They would have to do it 100 times to mean much.
    12-21-2014 12:35 AM
  3. Nicholas Maguire's Avatar
    That's awesome. Wish they did that here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-21-2014 12:38 AM
  4. Laura Knotek's Avatar
    Nice promotion, but still a drop in the bucket. They would have to do it 100 times to mean much.
    I think it's big enough that it might make a difference in Brazil, since the OP mentioned it's being done in many malls.

    They just need to do stuff like this in more countries.
    12-21-2014 01:02 AM
  5. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    They could have given a Lumia 730, but I believe the Lumia 530 was not so successful here. And as the Lumia 730 is doing very well (it's hard to find in stock on stores), would be complicated promote something which has nothing to buy.
    12-21-2014 06:58 AM
  6. WanderingTraveler's Avatar
    Let's take a moment out of our lives to laugh really, really hard:
    Microsoft directly attacks the Samsung and LG low-ends (even without naming names)
    Saying that they are outdated, slow and "have no apps".
    Bravo, Microsoft. You have made my day.

    I'm also glad to hear the 730 is a big success over there. It's the only x30 phone I wish would really break expectations.
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    12-21-2014 07:27 AM
  7. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Let's take a moment out of our lives to laugh really, really hard:

    Bravo, Microsoft. You have made my day.

    I'm also glad to hear the 730 is a big success over there. It's the only x30 phone I wish would really break expectations.
    The ads are serving at least to promote Windows Phone.
    I wanted to promote more the Lumia 730 or 930 (the last one, they don't promote, but Apple, Samsung and Sony promote flasgships here. Yes, the ad of iPhone is... ridiculous). But is helping to promote 530 anyway.
    Today my cousin said "Oh, I saw now that Lumias is Dual-sim right? Nice".
    Last edited by Vitor Salvatore Pierce; 12-21-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-21-2014 07:29 PM
  8. fdalbor's Avatar
    Read that in Brazil WP is actually outselling IOS. But together they only have 10% of the market. Android has the other 90%. Still its a start.
    12-25-2014 07:57 PM
  9. Vitor Salvatore Pierce's Avatar
    Read that in Brazil WP is actually outselling IOS. But together they only have 10% of the market. Android has the other 90%. Still its a start.
    WP had already passed iOS for a long time. But after iOS grew up and spent WP. Now WP spent iOS again.
    12-26-2014 01:43 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Why won't my 1020 lock?
    By ALex Susky in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 07:49 PM
  2. Why aren't my browser pages loading properly?
    By EBUK in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 07:50 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 10:45 PM
  4. Leak Suggests W10 for phones may be called, "Windows Mobile"
    By Marquis de Faux in forum Microsoft News & Rumors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 07:29 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD