Complaint about Denim delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeFriday

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 930 was first released in July 2014 which makes it five months old, not a year lol
For the record I have a sim free 930 in the UK which is not tied to any carrier whatsoever and still no Denim.

My bad.. I just woke up at that time :p
I managed to open the camera app now, but the "You have to update to Denim" message keeps popping up. I can close it, open it again and then use it. But I have to do that everytime I want to use it. It has to be a bug. A bug they haven't fixed in weeks

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
why would 1520 in Finland be any better?!
why do ppl have to get frustrated waiting for it in other countries
and this makes up lookin for any way to flash Finlands rom and risk loosing our data and WHY!?
bcoz microsoft decided to not give it to other countries for christmas or new year!!!
this sucks, makes me wanna switch to iphone. ive been defending windows phone for 2 years ut seriously this is frustrating!
​we just want our F...... Denim update!
when we buy a FLAGSHIP PHONE
at least treat us equally with midrange phones!!!! instead or rolling Denim to evryone but lumia 1520 holders!
and what about makin a difference in the software of 1520
its A PHABLET U GUYS
not a regular phone
like double tap on iphone6 plus
bring the whole screen closer for one handed use
WATCH AND LEARN for our sake
and your sake if u wanna sell windows phones

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Seasons gretings!
This microsoft delay (ragarding Denim update to all Lumias) is TOTALY unacceptable for me!!!
What about you?

Your whining about not getting a firmware update which is going the usual staggered route is TOTALLY unacceptable for me.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Good grief, some of you are a bunch of whiny babies!

"Oh boo hoo! I didn't get some minor update to my smartphone! Suddenly my phone is rendered useless and I'm unable to do anything but whine about it!"

Yeah, it's unacceptable, alright. How dare they delay an update and force me to listen to a bunch of spoiled little brats!

#firstworldproblems

And yes, it really is a minor update... Whoopty doo... Camera improvements*, but yours works fine as-is. Cortana can listen to your temper tantrum. Lucky her!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Every flagship user without the update should stay calm. Lumia denim for all the other phones is just the latest pfd update with the mobile data toggle, battery saver update and live folders. At least you are getting the new lumia camera and he cortana. Think about that.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Every flagship user without the update should stay calm. Lumia denim for all the other phones is just the latest pfd update with the mobile data toggle, battery saver update and live folders. At least you are getting the new lumia camera and he cortana. Think about that.

Yeah and that's why the people with a flagship phone want that update so bad. All the new camera improvements are really amazing. And also might solve many problems on the 930. But I too don't have it yet on my 930, and I think the update is getting closer. Just a few days left and it is already January so It'll get here soon.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Some of you people need to seriously re-evaluate your lives, get anger management and stop raging and getting super upset over the silliest little things

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact.. Android updates are delivered staggered too. With many devices older than a year or two not even receiving these in the first place. So there goes this. Apple, yes. They deliver on day one. World wide. And there hasn't been a single iOS update yet, that didn't render a considerable amount of devices useless. Something that is even more ridiculous, if you keep in mind that Apple does both, the hard and software, with only very little differences in hardware. So not being able to deliver updates without critical bugs is poor in this very case.

I gladly wait some more, knowing that I will DEFINITELY get it and furthermore with only small bugs, if at all.

Yeah and that's why the people with a flagship phone want that update so bad. All the new camera improvements are really amazing. And also might solve many problems on the 930. But I too don't have it yet on my 930, and I think the update is getting closer. Just a few days left and it is already January so It'll get here soon.

Makes me wonder how they managed to use their devices before such an update in the first place, being so crucial. Must've been a truly hard life.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
When I buy a car, I don't take it for granted that the car maker will continuously update my car year after year.
Pretty happy that since I bought the Lumia 521 they gave us 8.1 and will wait to see if Win 10 makes it on board.
My biggest complaint of ALL smartphones was resolved by MS with the Gestures beta app leading the pack in making this the perfect phone, utilizing the proximity sensor to allow answering the phone well... just like a phone, no more swipe/press answer, just pick up and say hello!
Patience little grasshopper.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
When I buy a car, I don't take it for granted that the car maker will continuously update my car year after year.
Pretty happy that since I bought the Lumia 521 they gave us 8.1 and will wait to see if Win 10 makes it on board.
My biggest complaint of ALL smartphones was resolved by MS with the Gestures beta app leading the pack in making this the perfect phone, utilizing the proximity sensor to allow answering the phone well... just like a phone, no more swipe/press answer, just pick up and say hello!
Patience little grasshopper.

And that the Gestures app even wasn't a phone update or anything, pretty amazing! Happy to see that Microsoft can add features to WP without a whole new OS/firmware update.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And that the Gestures app even wasn't a phone update or anything, pretty amazing! Happy to see that Microsoft can add features to WP without a whole new OS/firmware update.

That's probably because WP supported these features from the get go. My HTC HD 7 had an HTC app that did the very same thing the Microsoft Gestures app does.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That's probably because WP supported these features from the get go. My HTC HD 7 had an HTC app that did the very same thing the Microsoft Gestures app does.

Mmm but I think HTC added those features themselves trough firmware, so it probably wasn't implemented in the OS by Microsoft. Otherwise those features should be supported from day one in wp8, and why would they wait so long for it to "unlock" if it already is in the code? But maybe it was somewhere in the OS all along. Still happy about it though :p

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm but I think HTC added those features themselves trough firmware, so it probably wasn't implemented in the OS by Microsoft. Otherwise those features should be supported from day one in wp8, and why would they wait so long for it to "unlock" if it already is in the code? But maybe it was somewhere in the OS all along. Still happy about it though :p

No need for firmware or anything. All required sensors are accessible through the API and have always been. The only "magic" is that the app is actively running in the background in realtime. But that has also always been possible for OEMs and Microsoft.
No idea why it hasn't been implemented earlier. Possibly because Nokia wasn't interested in it? And Samsung never really cared about WP anyways.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
No need for firmware or anything. All required sensors are accessible through the API and have always been. The only "magic" is that the app is actively running in the background in realtime. But that has also always been possible for OEMs and Microsoft.
No idea why it hasn't been implemented earlier. Possibly because Nokia wasn't interested in it? And Samsung never really cared about WP anyways.

I guess that's it. But my HTC 8X didn't picked up my call when I hold it to my ear. Only flip to silence, which Nokia also made possible after a while. But what I think is strange: Why should the OEM's have to make those features possible if Microsoft could make it a standard feature / option in the OS if the api's allows it from the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99