01-05-2015 02:02 AM
76 1234
tools
    Up date I want it now. Or I'm going to cry
    jamie johnston likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:36 AM
    Up date I want it now. Or I'm going to cry
    Have a little cry. Just stop whinging like a baby.
    12-28-2014 06:51 AM
    Have a little cry. Just stop whinging like a baby.
    I think his post was sarcasm. ;)
    12-28-2014 06:51 AM
    I think his post was sarcasm. ;)
    Maybe but you just can't be too sure with a lot of people being immature.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2014 06:56 AM
    So what! They should be ready to give the update in days, not in weeks!
    7 Post and already an expert on what MS should do. Why did it take you so long to come to this conclusion?
    grantpwarren and palmujukka like this.
    12-28-2014 06:57 AM
    Every flagship user without the update should stay calm. Lumia denim for all the other phones is just the latest pfd update with the mobile data toggle, battery saver update and live folders. At least you are getting the new lumia camera and he cortana. Think about that.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:07 AM
    Every flagship user without the update should stay calm. Lumia denim for all the other phones is just the latest pfd update with the mobile data toggle, battery saver update and live folders. At least you are getting the new lumia camera and he cortana. Think about that.
    Yeah and that's why the people with a flagship phone want that update so bad. All the new camera improvements are really amazing. And also might solve many problems on the 930. But I too don't have it yet on my 930, and I think the update is getting closer. Just a few days left and it is already January so It'll get here soon.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:32 AM
    Some of you people need to seriously re-evaluate your lives, get anger management and stop raging and getting super upset over the silliest little things
    kalintzis likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:38 AM
    As a matter of fact.. Android updates are delivered staggered too. With many devices older than a year or two not even receiving these in the first place. So there goes this. Apple, yes. They deliver on day one. World wide. And there hasn't been a single iOS update yet, that didn't render a considerable amount of devices useless. Something that is even more ridiculous, if you keep in mind that Apple does both, the hard and software, with only very little differences in hardware. So not being able to deliver updates without critical bugs is poor in this very case.

I gladly wait some more, knowing that I will DEFINITELY get it and furthermore with only small bugs, if at all.

Yeah and that's why the people with a flagship phone want that update so bad. All the new camera improvements are really amazing. And also might solve many problems on the 930. But I too don't have it yet on my 930, and I think the update is getting closer. Just a few days left and it is already January so It'll get here soon.
    Makes me wonder how they managed to use their devices before such an update in the first place, being so crucial. Must've been a truly hard life.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2014 07:42 AM
    When I buy a car, I don't take it for granted that the car maker will continuously update my car year after year.
    Pretty happy that since I bought the Lumia 521 they gave us 8.1 and will wait to see if Win 10 makes it on board.
    My biggest complaint of ALL smartphones was resolved by MS with the Gestures beta app leading the pack in making this the perfect phone, utilizing the proximity sensor to allow answering the phone well... just like a phone, no more swipe/press answer, just pick up and say hello!
    Patience little grasshopper.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-28-2014 08:03 AM
    When I buy a car, I don't take it for granted that the car maker will continuously update my car year after year.
    Pretty happy that since I bought the Lumia 521 they gave us 8.1 and will wait to see if Win 10 makes it on board.
    My biggest complaint of ALL smartphones was resolved by MS with the Gestures beta app leading the pack in making this the perfect phone, utilizing the proximity sensor to allow answering the phone well... just like a phone, no more swipe/press answer, just pick up and say hello!
    Patience little grasshopper.
    And that the Gestures app even wasn't a phone update or anything, pretty amazing! Happy to see that Microsoft can add features to WP without a whole new OS/firmware update.
    12-28-2014 08:21 AM
    And that the Gestures app even wasn't a phone update or anything, pretty amazing! Happy to see that Microsoft can add features to WP without a whole new OS/firmware update.
    That's probably because WP supported these features from the get go. My HTC HD 7 had an HTC app that did the very same thing the Microsoft Gestures app does.
    12-28-2014 08:34 AM
    That's probably because WP supported these features from the get go. My HTC HD 7 had an HTC app that did the very same thing the Microsoft Gestures app does.
    Mmm but I think HTC added those features themselves trough firmware, so it probably wasn't implemented in the OS by Microsoft. Otherwise those features should be supported from day one in wp8, and why would they wait so long for it to "unlock" if it already is in the code? But maybe it was somewhere in the OS all along. Still happy about it though :P
    12-28-2014 08:47 AM
    Mmm but I think HTC added those features themselves trough firmware, so it probably wasn't implemented in the OS by Microsoft. Otherwise those features should be supported from day one in wp8, and why would they wait so long for it to "unlock" if it already is in the code? But maybe it was somewhere in the OS all along. Still happy about it though :P

No need for firmware or anything. All required sensors are accessible through the API and have always been. The only "magic" is that the app is actively running in the background in realtime. But that has also always been possible for OEMs and Microsoft.
    No idea why it hasn't been implemented earlier. Possibly because Nokia wasn't interested in it? And Samsung never really cared about WP anyways.
    12-28-2014 08:51 AM
    No need for firmware or anything. All required sensors are accessible through the API and have always been. The only "magic" is that the app is actively running in the background in realtime. But that has also always been possible for OEMs and Microsoft.
    No idea why it hasn't been implemented earlier. Possibly because Nokia wasn't interested in it? And Samsung never really cared about WP anyways.
    I guess that's it. But my HTC 8X didn't picked up my call when I hold it to my ear. Only flip to silence, which Nokia also made possible after a while. But what I think is strange: Why should the OEM's have to make those features possible if Microsoft could make it a standard feature / option in the OS if the api's allows it from the beginning?
    12-28-2014 09:20 AM
    I guess that's it. But my HTC 8X didn't picked up my call when I hold it to my ear. Only flip to silence, which Nokia also made possible after a while. But what I think is strange: Why should the OEM's have to make those features possible if Microsoft could make it a standard feature / option in the OS if the api's allows it from the beginning?

For several reasons. Phones differ in hardware. Some come with sensor a, but not sensor b, some come with none of them, some come with both. The way Microsoft used to handle it (and still does) is leaving it up to the OEMs to offer features that are as close to the available hardware as possible. It's just less error/failure/bug potential.
    12-28-2014 09:25 AM
    Furthermore if it's imbedded in the OS improvemets need a OS update. Improvements/updates are much easier released if it is an app.
    12-28-2014 09:30 AM
    Furthermore if it's imbedded in the OS improvemets need a OS update. Improvements/updates are much easier released if it is an app.

Which is the very reason why apps like Xbox Music, Xbox Video, mail and calendar have been decoupled from the OS.
    12-28-2014 09:33 AM
    Good grief, some of you are a bunch of whiny babies!

"Oh boo hoo! I didn't get some minor update to my smartphone! Suddenly my phone is rendered useless and I'm unable to do anything but whine about it!"

Yeah, it's unacceptable, alright. How dare they delay an update and force me to listen to a bunch of spoiled little brats!

#firstworldproblems

And yes, it really is a minor update... Whoopty doo... Camera improvements*, but yours works fine as-is. Cortana can listen to your temper tantrum. Lucky her!
    Hmmm... I'm with you in some respects, but for anyone who is into the camera, this is a MAJOR update that will have a huge effect on usability. Have you ever tried to get a four year old to hold his pose still for 10 second so you can fire up your camera and try to take a picture that is not blurry? This is a BIG frustration with the platform, and if they have finally fixed it this will be the most important update yet for some of us.

I also think there's a position on patience somewhere in between yours and the people frustrated in this thread. I think it's understandable people are anxious, just as it's understandable that Microsoft is staggering the rollout. I think a lot of people (including myself) were really hoping to be able to use these sorely needed camera improvements for their Christmas pictures. That didn't happen, and it's a bit of a shame. Certainly not the end of the world, but understandable that there is some disappointment. The camera has been completely substandard with regards to speed and hdr for so long that we are really chomping at the bit to get them to a usable level.
    12-28-2014 09:54 AM
    Hmmm... I'm with you in some respects, but for anyone who is into the camera, this is a MAJOR update that will have a huge effect on usability. Have you ever tried to get a four year old to hold his pose still for 10 second so you can fire up your camera and try to take a picture that is not blurry? This is a BIG frustration with the platform, and if they have finally fixed it this will be the most important update yet for some of us.

I also think there's a position on patience somewhere in between yours and the people frustrated in this thread. I think it's understandable people are anxious, just as it's understandable that Microsoft is staggering the rollout. I think a lot of people (including myself) were really hoping to be able to use these sorely needed camera improvements for their Christmas pictures. That didn't happen, and it's a bit of a shame. Certainly not the end of the world, but understandable that there is some disappointment. The camera has been completely substandard with regards to speed and hdr for so long that we are really chomping at the bit to get them to a usable level.

With all due respect, if a camera is that important to you, quit waiting for an update and get yourself a dedicated camera.
    12-28-2014 10:06 AM
    Some of you people need to seriously re-evaluate your lives, get anger management and stop raging and getting super upset over the silliest little things
    +1 Totally agree with you! Tomorrow I shall buy an iPhone 6 plus and forget anything regarding updates...
    12-28-2014 11:07 AM
    +1 Totally agree with you! Tomorrow I shall buy an iPhone 6 plus and forget anything regarding updates...

Until the first one arrives that screws up your device entirely.
    Which happens at least once a year.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 12-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    AstroPop likes this.
    12-28-2014 11:23 AM

I was among the first pre-ordering the 1020 that I still use for any major event. Photography is a big passion of mine. The camera is the most important attribute of my smartphone. I'm just not an impatient, self-righteous, whiny snob declaring a software update as critical to my happiness. Do I want the update? Absolutely! But I'm not gonna whine about it.
    dKp1977 and colinkiama like this.
    12-28-2014 12:58 PM
    The update will bring minor fw changes for some of us. At least that's what I'm expecting for L635. I will be happy,in the near future, for an update that can enable auto-hide of navigation controls. If not, I will survive .😊
    12-28-2014 03:04 PM
    I was among the first pre-ordering the 1020 that I still use for any major event. Photography is a big passion of mine. The camera is the most important attribute of my smartphone. I'm just not an impatient, self-righteous, whiny snob declaring a software update as critical to my happiness. Do I want the update? Absolutely! But I'm not gonna whine about it.
    A bit strange for the phone noted for it's camera won't get very many of the improvements (according to the rumors) from Denim.
    12-28-2014 04:36 PM
76 1234