Complaint about Denim delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I understand people are angry. Microsoft said that 930 and 1520 get Lumia Denim in Q4, but there are more older Lumias that got the update first, not mentioning that 830 didn't even get the additional update to match current version of denim and to get the Lumia camera.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Communication gap from MS is at fault.
Patch Tuesday, patch Thursday, patch Friday., biweekly patch of music and video blah blah black sheep!!!

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I understand people are angry. Microsoft said that 930 and 1520 get Lumia Denim in Q4, but there are more older Lumias that got the update first, not mentioning that 830 didn't even get the additional update to match current version of denim and to get the Lumia camera.

That is NOT what they said. In fact, they didn't say anything at all beyond it would be available on select devices and in select markets in Q4.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
why would 1520 in Finland be any better?!
why do ppl have to get frustrated waiting for it in other countries
and this makes up lookin for any way to flash Finlands rom and risk loosing our data and WHY!?
bcoz microsoft decided to not give it to other countries for christmas or new year!!!
this sucks, makes me wanna switch to iphone. ive been defending windows phone for 2 years ut seriously this is frustrating!
​we just want our F...... Denim update!
when we buy a FLAGSHIP PHONE
at least treat us equally with midrange phones!!!! instead or rolling Denim to evryone but lumia 1520 holders!
and what about makin a difference in the software of 1520
its A PHABLET U GUYS
not a regular phone
like double tap on iphone6 plus
bring the whole screen closer for one handed use
WATCH AND LEARN for our sake
and your sake if u wanna sell windows phones

Lol you understand nothing, your gonna praise that halfassed rig apple used to make the iphone 6 plus feasible? if you gonna shrink the phone down to use it, then why in the hell did you buy a 6+, if it were designed correctly with size in mind, that rig wouldn't be neccesary.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
They define "early January" 2015

Earlier, it was announced that denim would roll out by end of Dec 14 to 1520. Later it was announced early 2015!!!
They have a definite date of 21 st Jan for win10 announcement. A definite date for the existing platform update is missing!!!

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I hope next week...

My city just passed a no cell phone use law January 1st .... Don't want to go spend 100+$ on a Bluetooth kit for my car....if I can use passive Cortana...which I've been doing with my old Moto-X these last few days in the car to listen to music. Surprisingly its quite handy if you have an old (PoS) car that doesn't have Bluetooth.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Earlier, it was announced that denim would roll out by end of Dec 14 to 1520. Later it was announced early 2015!!!
They have a definite date of 21 st Jan for win10 announcement. A definite date for the existing platform update is missing!!!

You do notice the tiny little difference between announcing something you can completely plan and make yourself in comparison to something you can just initiate and afterwards it's up to a thousand factors completely out of your control, do you?

And again: this is just a flipping firmware for what can easily be considered a toy for most of you out there. What the hell is so important about Denim, Windows Phone 8.1.x or any other update for that matter? Even if it indeed makes a couple things faster, cooler, more hip, it's just the ice topping and nothing more. You purchased your device as is, and not for whatever it might become some day. Deal with it.

This sick I-demand-everything-for-free-right-now-and-right-here ****ed up attitude among people nowadays is seriously pissing me off.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This "I demand everything for free right now and right here" screwed up attitude among people nowadays is seriously getting on my last nerve.

Looks like this discussion has gone wayward.
Let's all take a break from this one and gather our good thoughts.

Cheers everyone!
Closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720