01-05-2015 02:02 AM
76 123 ...
tools
    Seasons gretings!
    This microsoft delay (ragarding Denim update to all Lumias) is TOTALY unacceptable for me!!!
    What about you?
    cheehong and Sani_X007 like this.
    12-27-2014 05:08 AM
    They never committed on a specific date so than they also can not delay. And with P4D I got already the OS update functions. So no big problem for me.
    12-27-2014 05:12 AM
    They never committed on a specific date so than they also can not delay.
    No, they said Q4 (also reported by WC). Most phones have received the update apart from the older models. However, you're right that there really aren't any delays, as it's foreseeable that the older phones will get the update later.
    Sani_X007 likes this.
    12-27-2014 05:33 AM
    Most of the 520's herein I,dis have received the denim update but whenever I try it says your device is upto date....y is that so??? Is it becoz of the previous developers update that I installed that my denim update is stalled???
    Sani_X007 likes this.
    12-27-2014 05:52 AM
    What would you rather?

A big roll out for every device and country....then bugs...aka Apple.

A staged rollout. My guess is it's, by phone, to a specific number of users and if everything is OK a further rollout.

Know which I'd like.....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-27-2014 05:56 AM
    Lumia Denim still planned later this year for some Lumias, early in 2015 for others | Windows Central

However, this statement in and of itself is nothing new. Indeed, we reached out to Microsoft today regarding the update and whether or not it was still planned – at least for some devices – for December. As of today, it sounds like things are still on track:

"Lumia Denim update is being tested in selected markets ahead of broader rollout, which begins later this year as planned. It is expected to be available for all Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1 early 2015, following partner testing and approvals."
    ven07 and Sani_X007 like this.
    12-27-2014 07:25 AM
    So what! They should be ready to give the update in days, not in weeks!
    Last edited by Guytronic; 12-27-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    cheehong and Sani_X007 like this.
    12-27-2014 02:30 PM
    Pretty crazy that my 1520 on O2 hasn't seen the update yet...
    Sani_X007 likes this.
    12-27-2014 02:32 PM
    All other phones in other countries got Denim and im just sitting here with my 930 Cyan. I'm in UAE, btw and older models got denim here.
    "newer models Q4 2014" my ***.
    kalintzis and Sani_X007 like this.
    12-27-2014 02:32 PM
    I don't think the complainers understand all that is involved in coordinating with the many carriers around the world to get a roll-out of the update that will minimize problems for the end user. Apple did a fast update, and got hit hard with severe bugs that caused a lot of damage to their user base, because they got ahead of the carrier testing and refused to allow proper testing before going to a full roll-out.

Patience is a virtue.
    12-27-2014 03:37 PM
    There's no delay... Working fine on my 1520, thanks... Try a bit of patience or maybe some anger management...
    bijak_riyandi and palmujukka like this.
    12-27-2014 03:50 PM
    Seasons gretings!
    This microsoft delay (ragarding Denim update to all Lumias) is TOTALY unacceptable for me!!!
    What about you?
    The answer is simple; get an iPhone :)

Edit: Oh yeah and people should stop trash talking Apple's update method. It's not really flawed, when unexpected bugs do show up, they're usually ridiculously abstract (in other words, very specific criteria have to be met like you must have the calendar and calculator apps open while attempting to take a selfie in your grandparents bathroom for the phone to explode) So, onto my point; even when these abstract bugs are found in an official release a fix is almost immediately rolled out within the next day or two. Not that that would happen often I think within the two years that I had iOS it happened like twice. This same scenario has happened to Windows Phone and it still takes weeks for a hotfix update. That sucks but it is what it is.
    kalintzis, 0000alex0000 and ven07 like this.
    12-27-2014 03:56 PM
    Seasons gretings!
    What about you?
    It's totally acceptable for me. Why? There's different models and different phones. So you have to go through all of them, which is personalized differently, so they all run smoothly.

Take the 1520 for instance, sure there's one model, but there's 5-6 different versions with different bands. That alone takes time to make sure they run smoothly. Some of that work gets handed down to operators, but Microsoft still has to give them the finishes software first.

At least with Windows Phone, you're guaranteed an update, unlike Android.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-27-2014 04:16 PM
    I'll be honest I was REALLY frustrated about this, if you said you released the update and everyone went out to check for updates, only to realize there ISN'T ANY update. I mean seriously wtf.
    I've been rechecking my phone the past few days again and again, if i knew this earlier i wouldn't have wasted my time, I don't mind waiting a little longer but why tell everyone the update is out and ready to download, when it clearly isn't?
    kalintzis likes this.
    12-27-2014 08:40 PM
    I'll be honest I was REALLY frustrated about this, if you said you released the update and everyone went out to check for updates, only to realize there ISN'T ANY update. I mean seriously wtf.
    I've been rechecking my phone the past few days again and again, if i knew this earlier i wouldn't have wasted my time, I don't mind waiting a little longer but why tell everyone the update is out and ready to download, when it clearly isn't?
    +1 Totally agree with you.
    Last edited by kalintzis; 12-28-2014 at 01:37 AM.
    12-28-2014 01:06 AM
    Same issue here stick with Lumia cyan in my 520 even though it has been released.
    12-28-2014 01:31 AM
    The Lumia camera app on 830 doesn't work, but it works on 930. A year old phone. On my 720 it doesn't even show what software there's on it anymore and won't update. Ridiculous!
    12-28-2014 01:31 AM
    How Microsoft release denim update for at&t Lumia 1020
    Pls tell us the Lumia 1020 users and what the Lumia 1020 get Lumia
    Classic camera living images & 34 or 38 mega pixel 4 k video
    After the Lumia denim update
    12-28-2014 01:42 AM
    How Microsoft release denim update for at&t Lumia 1020
    Pls tell us the Lumia 1020 users and what the Lumia 1020 get Lumia
    Classic camera living images & 34 or 38 mega pixel 4 k video
    After the Lumia denim update
    4k... Haha its not gonna happen.
    12-28-2014 02:09 AM
    The Lumia camera app on 830 doesn't work, but it works on 930. A year old phone. On my 720 it doesn't even show what software there's on it anymore and won't update. Ridiculous!
    Nokia Lumia 930 was first released in July 2014 which makes it five months old, not a year lol
    For the record I have a sim free 930 in the UK which is not tied to any carrier whatsoever and still no Denim.
    12-28-2014 02:57 AM
    Nokia Lumia 930 was first released in July 2014 which makes it five months old, not a year lol
    For the record I have a sim free 930 in the UK which is not tied to any carrier whatsoever and still no Denim.
    My bad.. I just woke up at that time :P
    I managed to open the camera app now, but the "You have to update to Denim" message keeps popping up. I can close it, open it again and then use it. But I have to do that everytime I want to use it. It has to be a bug. A bug they haven't fixed in weeks
    12-28-2014 03:37 AM
    They said the Denim update will "start" rolling out in Q4.... So they kept their word.
    12-28-2014 05:26 AM
    why would 1520 in Finland be any better?!
    why do ppl have to get frustrated waiting for it in other countries
    and this makes up lookin for any way to flash Finlands rom and risk loosing our data and WHY!?
    bcoz microsoft decided to not give it to other countries for christmas or new year!!!
    this sucks, makes me wanna switch to iphone. ive been defending windows phone for 2 years ut seriously this is frustrating!
    ​we just want our F...... Denim update!
    when we buy a FLAGSHIP PHONE
    at least treat us equally with midrange phones!!!! instead or rolling Denim to evryone but lumia 1520 holders!
    and what about makin a difference in the software of 1520
    its A PHABLET U GUYS
    not a regular phone
    like double tap on iphone6 plus
    bring the whole screen closer for one handed use
    WATCH AND LEARN for our sake
    and your sake if u wanna sell windows phones
    12-28-2014 05:38 AM
    Seasons gretings!
    What about you?
    Your whining about not getting a firmware update which is going the usual staggered route is TOTALLY unacceptable for me.
    12-28-2014 06:18 AM
    Good grief, some of you are a bunch of whiny babies!

"Oh boo hoo! I didn't get some minor update to my smartphone! Suddenly my phone is rendered useless and I'm unable to do anything but whine about it!"

Yeah, it's unacceptable, alright. How dare they delay an update and force me to listen to a bunch of spoiled little brats!

#firstworldproblems

And yes, it really is a minor update... Whoopty doo... Camera improvements*, but yours works fine as-is. Cortana can listen to your temper tantrum. Lucky her!
    marratj, aximtreo, dKp1977 and 5 others like this.
    12-28-2014 06:27 AM
76 123 ...