Software vs. hardware - which matters more to MS?

segasaturn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Which does MS care more about? That you are using their software on any platform (i.e iOS, Android, Mac, ect) Or that you are buying MS hardware (i.e Surface, WP, Xbox)

Lately I feel like they are favoring software over hardware and this is bad for WP because it wont be able to sell well enough on hardware alone.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Lately? They are a software company that sells hardware as a means to sell software and services.

Their focus is actually services.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think they care most about productivity and the software/hardware they offer which enables/enhances this.

I would expect the next line of Lumia phones in Fall 2015 to have some new productivity enhancing features as a design point.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has always been a software company. As the market changes, they are trying to stay ahead of the curve by focusing on Software as a Service.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft is still more interested in software & services. The reason for hardware is to push their services. If they could somehow make their services default on iOS and Android, they might not even bother with WP. That's why WP is necessary; to have a platform with Microsoft's services as default, since default is what a lot of users use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb