The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-08-2015 12:44 PM
77 1234
tools
    Bang head against nearest wall....

I think this thread needs to close as it's counter-productive.

G.
    01-06-2015 09:57 AM
    I have problems to see where Microsoft is going with Windows Phone. I see it as a dead end. Windows Phone is like the UI for Xbox but that's it.
    01-06-2015 10:17 AM
    I have problems to see where Microsoft is going with Windows Phone. I see it as a dead end. Windows Phone is like the UI for Xbox but that's it.
    Why???
    01-06-2015 10:40 AM
    No. Why would they? Close this thread.
    raycpl likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:42 AM
    While Microsoft may never be the single most dominant smartphone manufacturer, there is a big difference between #1 and turning the lights off. They can be profitable without being first.
    01-06-2015 11:24 AM
    No chance folks , its the fastest growing os in the world, people will get bored of ios and droid...But Lumia will keep on going, people just give up so easy........how bad was iphone when it first launched? It was an embarrassment!
    01-06-2015 11:43 AM
    While Microsoft may never be the single most dominant smartphone manufacturer, there is a big difference between #1 and turning the lights off. They can be profitable without being first.
    No kidding, look how long it took for the Tampa Bay Bucs to get to the Super Bowl.

Reporter: What do you think of your team's execution?
    Head Coach John McKay: I'm all for it.
    01-06-2015 01:20 PM
    It is their wish.But I will use my wp till it dies or cracks.I will keep it like symbian phones.Anyway nobody are interested in wp in India.Long lived wp.
    01-06-2015 02:04 PM
    I think Microsoft should stop using 100% of its resources on budget devices because those of us who are early adopters with 2012 devices with no upgrade path are getting sick of waiting. That idiotic Nokia 210 or whatever and the Lumia 1330 irritated me to the point of almost wanting to leave Windows Phone, just out of spite. My 920 is going to be 2.5 years old around Build, and we'll probably have multiple months of waiting from THAT point. If Microsoft would have at least announced in advance that the 1520 would be the only thing close to a high-end device on AT&T from 2013 until mid-2015, I would have been fine, because I would have known to upgrade from my 920 last summer with Next, then I could go to the Windows 10 flagship this summer. Instead, I'm sitting on this 920 that's better than their alleged 2014 flagship, the veiled-budget 830.
    01-06-2015 02:18 PM
    You can say anything I think Lumia will help windows beat iOS.
    http://wmpoweruser.com/gartner-predi...will-dominate/
    From Windows phone
    01-06-2015 02:57 PM
    I think Microsoft should stop using 100% of its resources on budget devices because those of us who are early adopters with 2012 devices with no upgrade path are getting sick of waiting. That idiotic Nokia 210 or whatever and the Lumia 1330 irritated me to the point of almost wanting to leave Windows Phone, just out of spite. My 920 is going to be 2.5 years old around Build, and we'll probably have multiple months of waiting from THAT point. If Microsoft would have at least announced in advance that the 1520 would be the only thing close to a high-end device on AT&T from 2013 until mid-2015, I would have been fine, because I would have known to upgrade from my 920 last summer with Next, then I could go to the Windows 10 flagship this summer. Instead, I'm sitting on this 920 that's better than their alleged 2014 flagship, the veiled-budget 830.
    What's wrong with your 920 besides being "old"?
    snowmutt and Alexis-1991 like this.
    01-06-2015 02:59 PM
    I don't know now If Microsoft wants move ahead do the same as Apple does in marketing making of an ordinary smartphone something that is status symbol that , also they have everything to doing they do software and now hardware just need the right path in marketing and right direction , also the majority of the people purchases Android devices for two reasons, or renewal because their old phone their respective is (Android) just restart the phone like mad or people got bored, of the slowy response of phones later also Android wins because they Samsung their niche is low level devices, phones that cost cheap runs just ok and the people, don't, care how, much that device will last or if can add all your applications that you want.,
    01-06-2015 03:21 PM
    Or people upgrade just to get a new android version .low end devices rarely see updates except moto series.
    From Windows phone
    01-06-2015 03:53 PM
    This thread=click bait+post and run.
    xandros9 and snowmutt like this.
    01-06-2015 05:20 PM
    Nah, but they need to get the Lumia numbering system together....a way to designate level-entry phones, mid-level, flagship, and large flagship phones (phablets).

Side note: I loathe the phrase phablets....
    wpn00b and snowmutt like this.
    01-06-2015 06:04 PM
    Windows Phone platform may be low on the totem pole but it's not at the bottom, you can say close enough but Apple and Android were around 4 to 5 years before Windows Phone has shown any light with WP7, WP is in the toddler's range therefore the system has plenty of growing up to do.
    wpn00b likes this.
    01-06-2015 06:10 PM
    Lets buy Nokia, shut it down. Wise up
    Let's buy a Nokia DIVISION. Also, it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft bought something to have it then shut down. Ensemble Studios rings any bell? ;)

As for myself, I won't answer to avoid uproars. But I'll say this: I don't think phone production fits with Nadella's long term vision for Microsoft.
    01-06-2015 07:14 PM
    Let's buy a Nokia DIVISION. Also, it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft bought something to have it then shut down. Ensemble Studios rings any bell? ;)

As for myself, I won't answer to avoid uproars. But I'll say this: I don't think phone production fits with Nadella's long term vision for Microsoft.
    He's specifically said in over a dozen memos that he wants to continue to do hardware to "showcase the Microsoft ecosystem". I don't know how many more times he needs to say it before people get it.
    01-06-2015 07:56 PM
    Let's buy a Nokia DIVISION. Also, it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft bought something to have it then shut down. Ensemble Studios rings any bell? ;).
    And don't forget escom either back in 1994
    01-06-2015 07:59 PM
    He's specifically said in over a dozen memos that he wants to continue to do hardware to "showcase the Microsoft ecosystem". I don't know how many more times he needs to say it before people get it.
    Precisely. I love the "reference design" status of the Surface and the Band. I really hope that they being out a phone to fill that role as well.
    01-06-2015 08:04 PM
    Hello,

Help me out here, I am not sure why this question is being asked. Why would I buy a phone then hope it is no longer supported.

Or do you mean do you regret buying a Lumia phone?

I bought a Nokia Lumia 930 because it is the last group of Nokia phones every being made. If they continued with another line of Symbian phones ( or next iteration with support and and let's say the same market share of WP), I'd be there. I really like Nokia hardware, awesome cameras, and I loved the OVI suite and supported apps.

However, MS has services (Office 365, Bing, Xbox, Skype, Cortana) behind them unlike Apple. I have an android tablet and am not that found of the OS - but like the integration with Google, but not Google phone hardware. I did not consider BlackBerry, but like their latest phone - but again - they lack services.

WP OS looks awesome! I have most apps I really need, and hopeful with MS.

So no, I don't want Lumia to fold. MS needs to stay in the mobile game and it might take some time to get it right. Look to Asia - they have room to grow. And they are relying on tech, more and more and it will be mobile.

My $0.02 ....

Mr. V
    wpn00b and snowmutt like this.
    01-06-2015 08:41 PM
    And that's something HP failed to understand.

well, that, and (the false prophet) trying to transform (it) overnight.
    Last edited by xandros9; 01-06-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    01-06-2015 08:52 PM
    And that's something HP failed to understand.

well, that, and Leo trying to transform HP overnight.
    Please, you will not mention the Apothekalypse!!!!!
    01-06-2015 09:01 PM
    The flagship device will attract more people to the device. They will take notice of Windows phone or Lumia devices because the hardware is top notch. The HTC M8 for Windows was already 6 months old so it wasn't THAT big of a deal, but people paid attention and at least looked into it.

The 1020 made waves when people heard of it for the first time. It may not have translated into immediate sales, but I bet there are a few people on these very forums that saw that phone and jumped at it, right out of Android's grasp.

A worthy flagship would cause me to upgrade from my HTC 8X RIGHT NOW. I'd do it, if it existed. But it doesn't , so I hold on. Those sales would rejuvenate faith in this OS and ecosystem. It may not be the cure-all but it is definitely a part of the puzzle. No one in the US or high-end market wants to downgrade.
    Laura Knotek, dgr_874 and snowmutt like this.
    01-07-2015 12:17 AM
    No one in the US or high-end market wants to downgrade.
    True. It doesn't matter what type of electronic device I get. I always get something newer that has better specs or more features than what I used previously.
    01-07-2015 12:33 AM
77 1234