Do you feel Microsoft should shut down Lumia Phones for good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft is developing them then they should just hire the Nokia and develop the device.microsoft device Lumia 535 has a lot of bugs than my Nokia Lumia 520.personally I tested it(no Microsoft camera,navigation keys problem,photos,videos,music duplication etc)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why specifically Lumia phones though? Not windows phones? That implies you want Lumia specifically gone to me?

I'd hope they wouldn't shut WINDOWS phone down however I am hoping Microsoft will take an apple approach to Lumia and going forward we see even more focus put on the Lumia line and faster releases at a better price with better designs.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've got nothing better to do for another hour so I'll bite. I'm going to guess the OP is another of the disenfranchised Nokia lovers who's upset that there's no new flagship. Boo hoo, let me call the Whaaaambulance.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I associated Lumia with Windows phone. Had they discontinued that name, perhaps I wouldn't have considered getting another one.

I think that name is a widely known brand. Microsoft needs it.
Sent from my Lumia.

I am the same way. Lumia is windows phone to me. Well pretty much anything from Nokia and now Microsoft....

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
While Microsoft may never be the single most dominant smartphone manufacturer, there is a big difference between #1 and turning the lights off. They can be profitable without being first.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
No chance folks , its the fastest growing os in the world, people will get bored of ios and droid...But Lumia will keep on going, people just give up so easy........how bad was iphone when it first launched? It was an embarrassment!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
While Microsoft may never be the single most dominant smartphone manufacturer, there is a big difference between #1 and turning the lights off. They can be profitable without being first.

No kidding, look how long it took for the Tampa Bay Bucs to get to the Super Bowl.

Reporter: What do you think of your team's execution?
Head Coach John McKay: I'm all for it.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is their wish.But I will use my wp till it dies or cracks.I will keep it like symbian phones.Anyway nobody are interested in wp in India.Long lived wp.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft should stop using 100% of its resources on budget devices because those of us who are early adopters with 2012 devices with no upgrade path are getting sick of waiting. That idiotic Nokia 210 or whatever and the Lumia 1330 irritated me to the point of almost wanting to leave Windows Phone, just out of spite. My 920 is going to be 2.5 years old around Build, and we'll probably have multiple months of waiting from THAT point. If Microsoft would have at least announced in advance that the 1520 would be the only thing close to a high-end device on AT&T from 2013 until mid-2015, I would have been fine, because I would have known to upgrade from my 920 last summer with Next, then I could go to the Windows 10 flagship this summer. Instead, I'm sitting on this 920 that's better than their alleged 2014 flagship, the veiled-budget 830.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft should stop using 100% of its resources on budget devices because those of us who are early adopters with 2012 devices with no upgrade path are getting sick of waiting. That idiotic Nokia 210 or whatever and the Lumia 1330 irritated me to the point of almost wanting to leave Windows Phone, just out of spite. My 920 is going to be 2.5 years old around Build, and we'll probably have multiple months of waiting from THAT point. If Microsoft would have at least announced in advance that the 1520 would be the only thing close to a high-end device on AT&T from 2013 until mid-2015, I would have been fine, because I would have known to upgrade from my 920 last summer with Next, then I could go to the Windows 10 flagship this summer. Instead, I'm sitting on this 920 that's better than their alleged 2014 flagship, the veiled-budget 830.

What's wrong with your 920 besides being "old"?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know now If Microsoft wants move ahead do the same as Apple does in marketing making of an ordinary smartphone something that is status symbol that , also they have everything to doing they do software and now hardware just need the right path in marketing and right direction , also the majority of the people purchases Android devices for two reasons, or renewal because their old phone their respective is (Android) just restart the phone like mad or people got bored, of the slowy response of phones later also Android wins because they Samsung their niche is low level devices, phones that cost cheap runs just ok and the people, don't, care how, much that device will last or if can add all your applications that you want.,

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Nah, but they need to get the Lumia numbering system together....a way to designate level-entry phones, mid-level, flagship, and large flagship phones (phablets).

Side note: I loathe the phrase phablets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium