Android UltraTablet...powered by Surface & Windows 8????

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Came across this on another Windows site. Looks like 3 ex-Google senior engineers have decided to "borrow" the design of Surface, and then install a cuztomized version of Android that looks like....Windows 8!?

The hardware, UltraTablet: Ultra Tablet

1) 2-angle kickstand, made from "aluminum alloy".
2) Magnetized "click-in" style keyboard cover -- did MSFT license this? The design is identical.
3) Same screen aspect ratio as Surface 1 & 2.
4) Extremely similar design.

30c57rm.jpg

25r2ez7.jpg

The software, RemixOS: Remix OS

1) Mail app is identical to the Windows mail app, even the blue color scheme.
2) Settins app has the same layout & colors.
3) I see "tile" icons
4) A "Desktop" & "Taskbar", complete with the ability to "pin".

2q1fmab.jpg

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
A cross between Surface hardware, MSFT software and Lollipop....hey at least this confirms what MSFT has been saying. If you want a productivity tablet you need to be able to use peripherals....also imitation is the best form of flattery...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I remember a report on Windows Central about how Microsoft won multiple patents for the click in keyboard technology and the design of the type cover, so there's no chance in hell this thing is going to be sold in the US.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
40 to 80 degrees? such a failure, Surface Pro 3 could do 150 degrees open.
such stupid ex-google team, i hope Microsoft could sue the hell out of them. Make this news BIG, publish this news worldwide, tell the world google copied Surface Pro 3 and Windows 8.1, it is a free advertising!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I remember seeing this and was thinking to myself "Is this thing real??". It's just about an EXACT copy of the Surface 2 from the OS to the hardware. I've often wondered if people who make things like this really think that they will be able to bring it to market without being sued.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
40 to 80 degrees? such a failure, Surface Pro 3 could do 150 degrees open.
such stupid ex-google team, i hope Microsoft could sue the hell out of them. Make this news BIG, publish this news worldwide, tell the world google copied Surface Pro 3 and Windows 8.1, it is a free advertising!

Um.... Surface Pro 2 had a very similar limitation. Is Microsoft stupid?

Plus, your argument to publicize this is rather silly. What about the countries that would allow this thing to go on sale because they don't respect copyright? I mean, you're right, it would be free advertising... For the ultratablet

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Um.... Surface Pro 2 had a very similar limitation. Is Microsoft stupid?

Plus, your argument to publicize this is rather silly. What about the countries that would allow this thing to go on sale because they don't respect copyright? I mean, you're right, it would be free advertising... For the ultratablet

opps, forgot about the old Surface, and in China, i think everyone would be like "meh".

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I remember seeing this and was thinking to myself "Is this thing real??". It's just about an EXACT copy of the Surface 2 from the OS to the hardware. I've often wondered if people who make things like this really think that they will be able to bring it to market without being sued.

opps, forgot about the old Surface, and in China, i think everyone would be like "meh".

This article makes it seem comparable to the chinese copy variant to the BMW X5 and how BMW tried to sue the chinese copy version, only to have BMW lost because it does NOT look like the BMW X5. So I am also oh so curious as to how this is going to work out in the real world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes