Which Lumia to get?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Alright thanks so much guys, it's been so helpful. But this is the last hurdle before I shoot. It's between the 730 vs the 930.

I saw in my store that the 730 costs $160, while the 930 costs $530. Both prices are really cheap compared to other countries.

So what's the most future proof phone?

You can grab the 930 for $403 usd at http://www.1shopmobile.com/Nokia-Lumia-930.html ,I'm selling my 1020 & gonna buy it ,future proof indeed

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Alright thanks so much guys, it's been so helpful. But this is the last hurdle before I shoot. It's between the 730 vs the 930.

I saw in my store that the 730 costs $160, while the 930 costs $530. Both prices are really cheap compared to other countries.

Hi! From what I've been reading in this thread, the most future-proof phone would be the 930. I bought a Lumia 830 last Thursday and really enjoy using it. The design is nice, camera is really good and screen is really nice too. Battery gets me through the day with plenty to spare, about 60% around 7 pm. I'll buy a SD card for it since it only has 16 GB of storage.
If you can, go for the 930, it has a better screen resolution, higher camera resolution and looks nice too.
Or if you really want to be future proof, buy a cheaper phone (730 seems like a decent option) and save the difference for the next flagship.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi! From what I've been reading in this thread, the most future-proof phone would be the 930. I bought a Lumia 830 last Thursday and really enjoy using it. The design is nice, camera is really good and screen is really nice too. Battery gets me through the day with plenty to spare, about 60% around 7 pm. I'll buy a SD card for it since it only has 16 GB of storage.
If you can, go for the 930, it has a better screen resolution, higher camera resolution and looks nice too.
Or if you really want to be future proof, buy a cheaper phone (730 seems like a decent option) and save the difference for the next flagship.

Yeah, I'v been scouring reddit and seeing a lot of people discussing phones with Windows 10.

As you said, I may buy the 730, use it for a few months, and buy a flagship phone when I move to the U.S.

The other option is probably to buy the 930 directly and use it for 2-3 years hoping it would last that long (not too sure now though since a lot of users have posted a lot of problems with the 930).

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Future-proof is usually a fairly subjective term, but Hey Cortana is one notable feature that may not ever come to the 730, and will be available on the 930 as soon as it receives Denim.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So after reading Paul Thurott's recommendation of the best Windows Phone you can get, which he says is the 930, I'm getting more confused.

The 730 vs. 830 vs. 930.

Again, money does not matter at all. I am primarily looking for a good camera (mostly the rear), a smooth experience and a commendable battery life.

The camera on the 830, while obviously not as good as the 930, is still excellent. It shouldn't disappoint you.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As you said, I may buy the 730, use it for a few months, and buy a flagship phone when I move to the U.S.

This. Battery on 730 will last longer than 930. 730 is a lot cheaper but still much better than the 520. Use it a few months and then buy a flagship that is not over a year old.

Also, if you're coming to the USA (think I read that), the carriers are messed up here. Say you buy an expensive GSM 930 and then find you love in an area that only gets Verizon (CDMA). Wasted money. Even the 930 will not run 4G here. Get a 730 to carry you over until then..

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This. Battery on 730 will last longer than 930. 730 is a lot cheaper but still much better than the 520. Use it a few months and then buy a flagship that is not over a year old.

Also, if you're coming to the USA (think I read that), the carriers are messed up here. Say you buy an expensive GSM 930 and then find you love in an area that only gets Verizon (CDMA). Wasted money. Even the 930 will not run 4G here. Get a 730 to carry you over until then..

Yes, you read that right, I'm moving to the US. And you sir, just made up my mind, thanks so much. After 20 hours of research and discussion, I finally have an answer. Will be buying the 730 straight up tomorrow. Now I can come back to reality and do my work again. You have my gratitude.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you read that right, I'm moving to the US. And you sir, just made up my mind, thanks so much. After 20 hours of research and discussion, I finally have an answer. Will be buying the 730 straight up tomorrow. Now I can come back to reality and do my work again. You have my gratitude.
If you're coming to the States, I'd recommend the 830. I've had it for a whole week today and absolutely love it! Camera is nice, design is slightly nicer than the 730 (personal preference) and with the unlocked version I bought for 370 USD on Amazon, I get LTE with AT&T. Depends on which carrier you're planning on getting, but definitely a phone I'd recommend.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
If you're coming to the States, I'd recommend the 830. I've had it for a whole week today and absolutely love it! Camera is nice, design is slightly nicer than the 730 (personal preference) and with the unlocked version I bought for 370 USD on Amazon, I get LTE with AT&T. Depends on which carrier you're planning on getting, but definitely a phone I'd recommend.

you can get the 930 for 393USD including shipping at Nokia Lumia 930
OR you can get the 830 for 293USD including shipping at Nokia Lumia 830

Best price for lumia 930 I've seen yet if you ask me, site isn't a hoax I've purchased numerous lumia devices from them, they ship directly from HK

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
you can get the 930 for 393USD including shipping at Nokia Lumia 930
OR you can get the 830 for 293USD including shipping at Nokia Lumia 830

Best price for lumia 930 I've seen yet if you ask me, site isn't a hoax I've purchased numerous lumia devices from them, they ship directly from HK

Wow that's quite a nice price, cheapest I've seen. Sadly shipping phones is a no for me as the customs will tax 40% of the price. Might be able to use them for the future though, thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's quite a nice price, cheapest I've seen. Sadly shipping phones is a no for me as the customs will tax 40% of the price. Might be able to use them for the future though, thanks.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I see what you saying ,its quite high here also but not that high,I usually ship to my uncle in USA cause he usually knows people coming my side (Guyana,South America) ,only English speaking country in whole of South America,part of Caribbean.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
if you can afford 930 or 1520 due the Denim Camera updates and better W10 support

Rule number one: Always get the one with better processor and memory if you can afford

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm almost in same boat, I dint wanted to get a new device until W10 but my L720 is dying and needs a replacement, thinking between 730 & 930(just coz its future proof) but waiting until Jan21 to see what MS announces.

John OMeara

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I think i will do that too.
hopefully they have some surprises we wont have to wait ages for
I'm almost in same boat, I dint wanted to get a new device until W10 but my L720 is dying and needs a replacement, thinking between 730 & 930(just coz its future proof) but waiting until Jan21 to see what MS announces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss