Do you ever see windows laptops in the wild?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't remember the last time I saw a windows based laptop except at my college, and even there is a strong majority of MacBooks. I know people say that more windows laptops are being used, and I'm sure that's true, but it's hard to believe when you see nothing but MacBooks. What about in your area? What types of laptops do you mostly see? And what do we think is the reason for this? Is it that people want to seem "cool" by using a MacBook? Do people have some preconceived motion about windows laptops?

I should note that Iive in California. So maybe that has something to do with it?

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I work with in the professional world has a windows laptop. Several execs at our company have surfaces. Out of nine people in a meeting I had this week, one person had a mac, the rest were windows. Generally running windows 7 though. Engineering consultants that work with us have windows laptops as well.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Everyone I work with in the professional world has a windows laptop. Several execs at our company have surfaces. Out of nine people in a meeting I had this week, one person had a mac, the rest were windows. Generally running windows 7 though. Engineering consultants that work with us have windows laptops as well.

Interesting. Could be just where I live I guess. I do notice it's maybe mostly writers and tech journalists using macs.

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Not only do I see Windows laptops everywhere. A few of my doctor's are using Surface Pro 3's. One even let me mess around with it. I don't really have use for a tablet, though as my Nokia Lumia 1320 is basically a mini-tablet.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I once spotted a couple of engineers running Visio in Windows 7 on their Macbooks at Starbucks.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I barely ever see anything else but Windows powered notebooks. Every once in a while I come across some people using MacBooks, but even most of them are running Windows. I have yet to see a single Chromebook.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Near DC, laptops of all sizes, OSes, walks-of-lifes are around.

More Macs than their marketshare percentage would indicate.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Are you crazy.Al I see is windows.windows 7 professional is the standard os for all computing people I know. Windows network services in most lans

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Yes, In fact I would love for someone to name one productive thing they do on a MacBook other than Blog, Post, or Edit YouTube Vids...

Soulstream

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Most laptops here are Windows, but almost none use Windows 8. And even when the laptop comes with W8, they just install Windows 7 right away.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Everyone here uses Windows laptops. Macbooks don't amount to much here. Chromebooks, never seen one in the wild !!.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Here in greece I always see windows laptops (usually 7, and sometimes 8.1), but I haven't even seen once a mac or let alone chromebook. In my university if we have a presentation, students bring and use a win7, 8.1 laptop

But I have seen tablets with google, or ipads.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Windows Laptops might start getting seen more in the wild now that HP have got the Stream 13, sure it's a none Touchscreen Windows 8.1 with big Laptop but it's in the Chromebook price range.

Roland

barnyr

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone at my company has Windows 8 laptops. 95% of business users I see have windows laptops. My kids have chromebooks for school, but use windows laptops at home for Skype, games, email, etc. I see macbooks when I go to a coffee shop or bookstore or at the airport.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a college student, and I see tons of Windows laptops. However, in my town, there seems to be an extraordinary affinity to Apple, so overall, you'll see MacBooks everywhere (as well as iPhones and iPads).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise