01-20-2015 10:07 AM
42 12
tools
    Honestly, I don't remember the last time I saw a windows based laptop except at my college, and even there is a strong majority of MacBooks. I know people say that more windows laptops are being used, and I'm sure that's true, but it's hard to believe when you see nothing but MacBooks. What about in your area? What types of laptops do you mostly see? And what do we think is the reason for this? Is it that people want to seem "cool" by using a MacBook? Do people have some preconceived motion about windows laptops?

I should note that Iive in California. So maybe that has something to do with it?
    01-16-2015 12:17 AM
    Everyone I work with in the professional world has a windows laptop. Several execs at our company have surfaces. Out of nine people in a meeting I had this week, one person had a mac, the rest were windows. Generally running windows 7 though. Engineering consultants that work with us have windows laptops as well.
    Laura Knotek and k0de like this.
    01-16-2015 12:21 AM
    I see Windows laptops every time I go to Starbucks: mostly HP and ASUS.
    teckris likes this.
    01-16-2015 12:22 AM
    Everyone I work with in the professional world has a windows laptop. Several execs at our company have surfaces. Out of nine people in a meeting I had this week, one person had a mac, the rest were windows. Generally running windows 7 though. Engineering consultants that work with us have windows laptops as well.
    Interesting. Could be just where I live I guess. I do notice it's maybe mostly writers and tech journalists using macs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2015 12:57 AM
    Interesting. Could be just where I live I guess. I do notice it's maybe mostly writers and tech journalists using macs.
    That makes sense. You won't see a single writer or tech journalist around here in Cleveland, OH.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-16-2015 12:59 AM
    I see them all the time. I also see a lot of Mac Books too.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-16-2015 01:49 AM
    Not only do I see Windows laptops everywhere. A few of my doctor's are using Surface Pro 3's. One even let me mess around with it. I don't really have use for a tablet, though as my Nokia Lumia 1320 is basically a mini-tablet.
    01-16-2015 03:06 AM

I once spotted a couple of engineers running Visio in Windows 7 on their Macbooks at Starbucks.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-16-2015 03:21 AM
    I barely ever see anything else but Windows powered notebooks. Every once in a while I come across some people using MacBooks, but even most of them are running Windows. I have yet to see a single Chromebook.
    SpO BoB and Alfa Kapa like this.
    01-16-2015 03:37 AM
    Everywhere.... Every notebook I see in my place has some version of windows running on it....

Oh and I live in India....
    01-16-2015 03:40 AM
    Near DC, laptops of all sizes, OSes, walks-of-lifes are around.

More Macs than their marketshare percentage would indicate.
    01-16-2015 12:46 PM
    Are you crazy.Al I see is windows.windows 7 professional is the standard os for all computing people I know. Windows network services in most lans
    01-16-2015 12:52 PM
    Yes, In fact I would love for someone to name one productive thing they do on a MacBook other than Blog, Post, or Edit YouTube Vids...
    Alec Kong likes this.
    01-17-2015 02:37 AM
    Most laptops here are Windows, but almost none use Windows 8. And even when the laptop comes with W8, they just install Windows 7 right away.
    01-17-2015 05:08 AM
    Mostly depends on where you live and economic status.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-17-2015 06:50 AM
    Everyone here uses Windows laptops. Macbooks don't amount to much here. Chromebooks, never seen one in the wild !!.
    01-17-2015 06:55 AM
    Here in greece I always see windows laptops (usually 7, and sometimes 8.1), but I haven't even seen once a mac or let alone chromebook. In my university if we have a presentation, students bring and use a win7, 8.1 laptop

But I have seen tablets with google, or ipads.
    01-17-2015 07:02 AM
    Windows Laptops might start getting seen more in the wild now that HP have got the Stream 13, sure it's a none Touchscreen Windows 8.1 with big Laptop but it's in the Chromebook price range.

Roland
    01-17-2015 07:04 AM
    Everyone at my company has Windows 8 laptops. 95% of business users I see have windows laptops. My kids have chromebooks for school, but use windows laptops at home for Skype, games, email, etc. I see macbooks when I go to a coffee shop or bookstore or at the airport.
    01-17-2015 07:53 AM
    I'm a college student, and I see tons of Windows laptops. However, in my town, there seems to be an extraordinary affinity to Apple, so overall, you'll see MacBooks everywhere (as well as iPhones and iPads).
    01-17-2015 08:41 AM
    Primarily Windows. I rarely see a Mac
    01-17-2015 08:44 AM
    Exclusively Windows in Romania. 50-50 between W7 and W8. Never seen a Chromebook. I think I've seen a Macbook once in my life. They are easily available to buy but no one is buying them.

PS: The question of this thread will be seen as a joke by the majority of the world.
    grininja likes this.
    01-17-2015 09:07 AM
    Out in public, I see mostly all laptops are Windows and an occasional apple laptop. These look like they are apparently doing "work" but more and more I see people reading on phones mostly but some tablets and a chrome book once in a while.
    01-17-2015 09:08 AM
    That makes sense. You won't see a single writer or tech journalist around here in Cleveland, OH.
    You have the world's most obnoxious sports writer in the entire world in Cleveland. Brian Windhorst from ESPN aka LeBron James's jock carrier.
    Laura Knotek and ryancut like this.
    01-17-2015 09:33 AM
    You have the world's most obnoxious sports writer in the entire world in Cleveland. Brian Windhorst from ESPN aka LeBron James's jock carrier.

I can't stand him either. Terry Pluto from cleveland.com is good though.
    01-17-2015 01:27 PM
42 12