"Will there be new hardware at Microsoft's Windows 10 event? Of course." - Tom Warren

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
People are wrong from time to time.

Lol alright, but considering waiting like 10 days or so is exactly what Microsoft did with 8.1, I don't see why this would be any different. I've seen a lot of official news sources claiming its not coming tomorrow and bunch fan-made speculation that it is, so....

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that hybrid laptop/phone device will happen, either. It just logistically seems awkward, and would basically mean we would get an Intel-based phone that I can't see as likely.

I don't know what the hardware will look like be we will get an Intel based Windows Phone this year. Bank on it.

lkbig

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing a medium range phone (1330?) will be the only phone they launch tomorrow. As far as other hardware? Maybe a better power cover for the SP3? (Long shot, I know)

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I guest it gonna be one or two budget Phablet with the Emerald update that help all WP8.1 devices be able to using digital pen and bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Lumia 1330 (250$) & Lumia 1430 (400$) maybe.

The high-end flagship should be come with Windows10, so no 940 or 1530 or 1030.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I bet they'll show off a concept device which you can use as a phone, and then dock it at home to use like a PC along with mouse and keyboard.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So, the new device wasn't a new Surface or Lumia, but something entirely new. I think the predictions that a new phone wouldn't be announced seemed about right, new phones will come out for Windows 10.

The new hardware was a Surface Hub, basically a giant TV customized for conference rooms. But the big announcement was the HoloLens. Holy crap, if this thing is as good as it looked in the demo, it is going to be a Sea Change in computing.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So, the new device wasn't a new Surface or Lumia, but something entirely new. I think the predictions that a new phone wouldn't be announced seemed about right, new phones will come out for Windows 10.

The new hardware was a Surface Hub, basically a giant TV customized for conference rooms. But the big announcement was the HoloLens. Holy crap, if this thing is as good as it looked in the demo, it is going to be a Sea Change in computing.

Agreed! My GF came running in the room because she heard me exclaim "Holy SH%&!!!" LOL I was pretty blown away... did not expect that at all!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I showed the HoloLens part of the video to the kids (two 13 year olds) and they were completely mesmerized! They've been talking about it ever since, the ideas they have for it, and the possibilities. Microsoft was very smart to include Minecraft content into the videos to capture the young mind's attention!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed. We got an enterprise TV/streaming device and a super-beta AR headset that will likely be priced WELL out of the range of almost all of us. The surface Hub is a functional business device, and HoloLens was extremely cool, but the general consumer go no hardware to look at today for personal use, so it was a bit of a letdown.

Ehh, we have MWC and Build in 2-3 months, so there will be time. I just don't like waiting and being in the dark.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed. We got an enterprise TV/streaming device and a super-beta AR headset that will likely be priced WELL out of the range of almost all of us. The surface Hub is a functional business device, and HoloLens was extremely cool, but the general consumer go no hardware to look at today for personal use, so it was a bit of a letdown.

Ehh, we have MWC and Build in 2-3 months, so there will be time. I just don't like waiting and being in the dark.

Not so. On Windows Weekly, Paul said that when he talked to the Hololens guys, that the device will be in developers hands by the time Windows 10 ships and that it will affordable for most people. They've been working on this longer than most other companies, so its not exactly "super beta"

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

There was new hardware introduced, just not what you were expecting. It was a Windows 10 event and they covered it pretty well considering the stage of development it's in.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Have to agree, nothing announced that will cause any long lines outside the Microsoft store. Interesting items, but nothing earth shattering.

inteljames

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
This is what I've been wanting ever since they announced the new SoC. I mean, it could be on par with the Tegra X1. Do you think it is possible that a phone with Cherry Trail would come out soon? I will wait as long as I have to. Orrrrrr until the Galaxy Note 5. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon